Phantis Forums

Xanthi v. Panathinaikos

athinaios

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah, I am not nervous. I just want to see more goals :)

H-T 0-1

two tete-a-tetes, + shot to the post + shot to the crossbar + one goal + zero chances for Xanthi (maybe one shot that Tzorvas smothered).

overall pretty good.

Katsouranis with an assist for the third game in a row! he leads the team with 5 now. I hope Leto catches up in the second half because he has 4 B)

wow, Vintra and Karagounis are pretty bad today

agreed. but Vyntra in RB is not usually his best. When he used to be a full time RB he was abysmal, when he moved into CB he improved a lot.

Honestly the only thing keeping the team from steamrolling this whole league is the CB's....Cant we just sign one and kill the superleague off for the year???

Leto to come out for Lazaros?

Horrible, horrible decision. Its only 1-0 and we havent been playing well, if Xanthi equalizes, we want Leto on that field to make sure.

Incredibly stupid risk, to play a useless player --- while Leto very nearly created the 2-0 a second ago.

There is absolutley no reason to call this one "finished" and bring on Lazaros.

Almost 1-1.....

Not a perfect game, we need lots of improvements but this is how PAO should get the result they need. This season we're able to do this and that's the big difference.

More pressure on gavroi now. I think they'll give up soon.

Usually id agree with you all about the defence.. but today.. the problem wasnt the D.. it was Kats and Kara who had no gas to run around and put pressure on the xanthi players.. Thats why we got very few counter breaks.. Kats and Kara need a break.. I know Kats and Cisse are off next week...

Bjarsmyr and Kante had good games and Spyropoulos was fantastic....

Vyntra had a bad first half but was good in the 2nd.

Most of their chances were from crosses from the wing and high play outside our box where Gilberto was all by himself.

If we didnt give up that bad goal.... it would of been a completely different feeling right now.

We made it 2-0 and our team gave up thinking it was in the books.

And man oh Man.. can Cisse score or what

He has 6 goals in his last 3 SL games and 4 goals in the last 4 games overall.

He keeps on getting braces he will end up with 30 or 35 goals.

Pogatets and Bjarsmyr or Vyntra would make a super CB pair.. especially in the SL

good job beating Oly's B team... Man do they ever give 500% against us or what

If we didnt give up that bad goal.... it would of been a completely different feeling right now.

I don't know about that. I was unhappy with the defense all second half. Had Xanthi not had such horrendous game from Luciano and other shooters, it would have shown how exposed and sloppy we were.

Communication is part.....Ability is too a bit of a problem. Kante may be only the bare minimum at very best to hold the lead throughout the season. We just need better, not just for this year (very important), but europe and our future seasons. The rest of the team is so good......

Can't we just get a solid defender already? Honestly its been 4 transfer periods - its not rocket science...Weve done such a good job making the rest of the team..Time to patch the last hole already.

Archived