Phantis Forums

Panatha v. Ergotelis

athinaios

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

84 Tziolis in for Salpi.

why in the world would he put in Tziolis is beyond me. As much as I don't condone the booing from the fans, Nioblias should have know it. I know we are short on players, but what is the purpose of poutting in a player who hasn't played in ove a year, who has no future with the team, and who is about to endure jeering every time he comes close to the ball.

Like I was saying. You come to our home and break our vase, we'll score 3 and over :P

Ergotelis players look brazen as if the ref caused them the thrashing.

Slopppy game overall. Disorganized but a few good plays made Ergotelis pay for their arogance. I don't see what all the talk about them being such a good team comes from. They look mediocre to me.

Spyropoulos with the worst game that I remember in years, Ninis with few spurts but mostly underwhelming, Kara looking heavy, and Katsouranis lazy in many plays where he just walks around leaving space outside our box. Bjarsmyr was like Melissis with a beard.

On the good side, Cisse was one big, fast, strong nightmare for Ergotelis defenders. Vintra with a lot of energy and passion, Gilberto held things together when others were missing, and Salpi turned it up in the second half. Leto put some life into our left flank, and Cante was mostly positive.

Crhistodoulopoulos with one awesome run from defense all the way to the edge of the box.

If AEK can pull a miracle in the next couple of hours we'll be happy campers.

Leto/Katsouranis leading the team with 4 assists each. :tup:

Cisse with 14 goals in 14 appearances :nw:

Crhistodoulopoulos with one awesome run from defense all the way to the edge of the box.

how about the time when he lost the ball twice in one play, and then when he finally regathered dribbled across the field and passed it straight to the opposition for a counter...

you cant polish a turd.

and on that note....it doesnt matter who u have at centre back, if ur R/L backs get raped by cesnauskis n co, of course u will look abysmal..

Hey Kojak, in a game where we won 4-1, missed a few more chances, and the opponent had maybe a couple of chances to score, I don't want my post to be all negatives :)

Lazaros did what you said too, but he also added some energy in our midfield marking, wouln'd you agree? I am no fan of Lazaro but I do think he can be polished into a decent player. He is only 23.

Speaking of 23, Leto is also 23 and he can turn a game on a dime. It looked like we had another gear after he took the pitch.

Speaking of pitch, the OAKA pitch looked good finally.

I hope PAO puts good use to this and doesn't screw up. I don't want to see OSFP champion another year, sadly it will not be my beloved AEK this year (normally), but at least I don't want to see another year of OSFP on top, for the sake of the league.

how about the time when he lost the ball twice in one play, and then when he finally regathered dribbled across the field and passed it straight to the opposition for a counter...

you cant polish a turd.

and on that note....it doesnt matter who u have at centre back, if ur R/L backs get raped by cesnauskis n co, of course u will look abysmal..

he was running against a tired and lacking Ergotelis team, completly fresh. The guy is absolutley an awful player.

Be honest, is there anybody here who can envision him being at all an important part of our team in the future? I just cant. Fringe player. Rukavina too.

- Ninis was very bad today, just a mess. Left isnt his spot (he's got absolutley no left foot) but still.

- Shame on the PAO fans booing Tziolis. Honestly, the guy is a quite decent player, and our new coach obviously sees some value in him (as well as Werder who played him on loan in most if not all of there UEFA Cup final run...) The guy did nothing against the club by not accepting hasty offers for transfers. People need to chill the F* out

- Our defense is horrible, horrible and the only reason why would potentially not win the protathlima this year. Why on earth can't we have signed a player (were lacking a CB for 4 transfer periods now). Bjarsmyr is decent but not enough, Kante is absolutley mediocre and not for this club's level.

- Cisse is a killer. Great finishing, and just a great striker all around. His critics are haters, not critics. The guy has 15 goals for the club now, and theyre' not goals-tzampa either.

-Leto is back, and did great I thought.

Fantastic result against a fairly dangerous counter-attacking team. The only negatives were seeing Tziolis back in a PAO shirt. :tdown: Get rid of him asap. Also the fact that we need a centre-back. The names being branded about are Tavlaridis, Diaz, Pogatetz, Senderos, Materazzi and Kaladze. I'm really hoping for Senderos.

Great to see AEK win too. 5 points is nothing though, we need to maintain this but beating a solid Xanthi away from home. Let's get an early goal and put them to bed and I'll feel alot better because I'm nervous about that one.

Hey Kojak, in a game where we won 4-1, missed a few more chances, and the opponent had maybe a couple of chances to score, I don't want my post to be all negatives :)

Lazaros did what you said too, but he also added some energy in our midfield marking, wouln'd you agree? I am no fan of Lazaro but I do think he can be polished into a decent player. He is only 23.

Speaking of 23, Leto is also 23 and he can turn a game on a dime. It looked like we had another gear after he took the pitch.

Speaking of pitch, the OAKA pitch looked good finally.

I agree,dont get me wrong, im not saying hes never useful, but hes average.

Should we be satisfied with average players though? fair enough not all the players can be world class, but even at 23, he should be showing more...

also he still has no position, i have no idea where he plays best...and players without a position hardly ever survive in football..

i know i shouldnt be so negative after a 4-1 win, but its only with xristo i do so..

+5 is a good feeling, but im not sure who i should be thanking, our board for building a good team, or Aek and Oly for destroying theirs and making us look better than what we are? Or maybe just thank Cisse for knowing how to finish the chances we missed every other year..

he he, I should be pointing out how horrible Spyropoulos was today but in the large scheme, as long as we plug in four goals it doesn't matter much.

Christodoulopoulos does not seem to have the football smarts, but he does have some skill I think. Nioblias is settling him as a CAM. I think he could be a decent SS but he gets clouded at the crucial moment when he needs to pass the ball. I think he is ok for the 15 to 20 minutes he plays now. He does have some speed and he is also strong, but like I said he lacks the savy needed to play at high level.

+5 is good but it's no title. We are traveling to Xanthi on Sunday and we have some tough games ahead at Aris, with AEK, at PAOK, and we have Olympiakos at home. Conceivably we could be dropping some point in these 4 games. Another way to put it, it would be highly optimistic to expect 4 certain wins in the above games. Even though we have the luxury of giving up one game, I hope our team begins smacking all opponents and beating small teams with 4 goals to increase our lead even more. Going into the game with Olympiakos with a +5 would be awesome.

As for credit, the board has done well to bring in some good talent. Tziger did well to resign, and Vgenopoulos did well to stop being involved. Antoniou did well to focus the transfers and stacking skilled players (he is on his way to Europe to find a CB and unload some dead wood), Ten Cate has done well to change the tsoukou tsoukou ball, Nioblias has done well to make the players comfortable, and the players have done well to believe that this is going to be a green year. Let's hope they keep it up. If we win this title in the end it will be to everyone's credit. If we lose it after being up 5 points it could be catastrophic.

As for the other teams, I think Olympiakos is just about at the same level they were last few years when we sucked. AEK is the same and their position on the table is the result of referees and some bad luck. The difference this year is we are good.

Let's enjoy this ride. It's been a long time :)

As for the other teams, I think Olympiakos is just about at the same level they were last few years when we sucked. AEK is the same and their position on the table is the result of referees and some bad luck. The difference this year is we are good.

I think they're much worse offensively. No left side and their central midfield is disjointed. They also don't have a goalscorer since Kovacevic departed. They're much worse and we're much better. AEK are also about 3x worse.

We must win the league this year.

Its great to be +5 but what i am worried about is what Roma will make of our defense :(

Our defense is shocking especially when our best 2 defenders were Kante and Vyntra. I liked the way Cisse evan came back to defend and then told the defense to wake the F*ck up.

Hopefully we buy decent defenders as I see Roma tearing us a new one if our team cant handle Ergotelis imagine what Roma will do to us

I think they're much worse offensively. No left side and their central midfield is disjointed. They also don't have a goalscorer since Kovacevic departed. They're much worse and we're much better. AEK are also about 3x worse.

We must win the league this year.

I meant "about the same" in terms of points. They've had some atrocious games in previous years, but they always managed to pull ahead because we were so bad. Now we have put a lot of pressure on them and they are falling apart. In terms of talent they are very low. Their key player have aged or retired, and their transfers are nothing special. It's their problem, but they managed to screw up their assets. They sold Belucci and Lua Lua last summer and no one blinked. They got rid of Valverde, and didn't want to pay for Leto. They have yet to find adequate replacements for Stoltidi, Tzortzevic, Kovasevic, etc. and they don't have a CF. Despite this and to their credit, they won key games and managed to cling around first place for so long. I think it was inevitable that they would deflate.

But I don't care about Olympiakos much. I am happy that my team is in first place and now we can play without being afraid that the world will end if we lose some points. I can see us cruising to the end now, and I see Olympiakos dropping even more points. Winning this title will give us better chance at getting into the CL groups (is it automatic next season or does the Greek champs play a qualifier? - does anyone know?).

CL groups = at least 17 million euro. Now that our roster is settled we can spend good money on only 2-3 good players (replacing the aging Gilberto, Kara, another CB etc). With good management we can begin a dynasty.

But first things first. I can afford to dream ahead as a fan, but the players and management can't put the saddle before the donkey. They need to approach each game as if it's final.

As for the rivals, the way they play I can see them out of the CL next year because the playoffs will be tough against PAOK, Aris, AEK.

First place and +5 is sweet :tup:

id just like to point out that before nioplias when ten cate left we were one point behind oly...and now we are 5 points up...

i dont hear too much commotion anymore about ten cate being fired..

despite this, being 5 points up means nothing..we should be positive with our results but not too confident..not only do we have half a seaons left but we are masters of shooting ourselves in the foot...hopefully nioplias can maintain and spread a more winning and champion mentality that has been seriously lacking in our club the last decade or so...

Archived