Phantis Forums

Panatha v. Ergotelis

athinaios

We started well against Ergotelis in Crete. Now we must finish the job on Wednesday. I doubt that AEK will get any points from gavroi, so we must keep the 2 point advantage.

I like Ergotelis and wish them well, but they're going down in this game. :D

I'm hoping that they'll come to play an open game so we can all enjoy it.

3-1.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i forsee that olympiakos will draw with aek..if my fortune-telling is on point we can create a good cushion...every weekend is an oppourtinty for us to get closer to the title...oly will drop points and we need to be prepared to take the title...i dont want a nail biter at the end..i want us to have it at least a couple matchdays before the end of the season...

I think it's time to establish a little separation from these middle-of-the-table teams that think they can come to OAKA for anything but a thrashing. Anything less than a 2-0 comfortable defeat should be totally unexpected against teams like Ergotelis. Panathinaikos should establish a tarrif: teams that come to play ten men behind the ball should collect 2 to three goals minimum. Teams that dare to open it up and contemplate playing more than one forward should be rewarded with three to 5 goals in their net.

Ergotelis entire team costs as much as Cisse alone, if we are afraid of dropping points then we'll be dropping points. I hope we take the field like it's the CL final and we should knock them out before they realize what hit them. This way we put the league on notice.

On some other news, what's with all the injuries all of a sudden? We have exactly 17 men available for this one. Avaoilable players include Darlas who never had a good game for us and Sariegi who just came back from surgery.

Simao is off to play in the African Cup for a few weeks, and Seitaridis, Marinos, Mahlelis, and Roukavina are injured. Today Gabriel had a hernia operation and will be out 4-6 weeks. Cisse missed a couple of practice sessions with a bicep pull but it looks like he'll play.

So, it looks like Vintra will play on the right again and Bjarsmyr/Kante will man the CB spots. Sariegi/Darlas will be on the bench so I hope all four have a good game and no injuries because any subs there will degrade the team. Maybe Nioblias will play Katsourani at CB again but I doubt he would leave Gilberto alone behind our token-marking forwards.

Speaking of forwards Salpi will play but there is only room for two from the Kara/Leto/Nini/Christo group. Who would you play? Based on performance to date I'd play Salpi-Nini-Leto behind Cisse

0-1 wtf?

counterattack found our entire team behind. Four passes, brought Ergotelis all the way from their box tete-a-tete with Tzorvas :angry:

It all started with Karagounis delivering an atrocious freekick to the edge of the box, right at an ergotelis player, while the entire team was in the box.

Pame gera! We need a quick equalizer.

15 minutes not even getting close to scoring.

Ninis plays more cetrally, Karagounis the same, Salpigidis has not seen the balll, Katsouranis is nowhere, Gilberto I have not seen, so we are not doing very well.

Very disorganized with everyone bunched up in the middle of the field so far. Maybe we can get lucky with one of these freekicks Ergotelis is giving up so readily around 30 meters.

A little sloppy but it counted. All Katsouranis and Salpi though. Katsouranis stole the ball in midfield, run towards the box opening up Ergotelis' defense, passed to Salpi who cut the ball towards the free Cisse and Kara, the pass was stopped, Salpi insisted, cut it back to Katsourani, who cut it left to Kara who scored.

Now we need two more early in the second half to get this thing over with B)

Archived