Phantis Forums

Olympiakos - Bordeaux

Irlandos

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

since there is nothing going on, maybe we can solve this question that has been bothering me for 45 years.

Can someone who is not a football medic purchase a can of this miracle spray that makes the booboos go away so instantly?

Ah good question :D I've wondered this too. Anyone know? :D

yeah, too bad. Paraga h Bordeaux :LOL:

I don't mind seeing Olympiakos losing, but Greece needs the points. The game was horrible from what I saw and Bordeaux looked like they were joking with Olympiakos who could not string two passes together. Not much else to say but the red papers will fill 20 pages with how officiating caused Oly the game.

Derbyshire gets double gang banged on the final corner kick. Gets brought down on one side by a Bordeux player and then pushed to the ground by the goalie on his other side... as the ball goes in the goal. Clear goal, or AT LEAST a penalty kick. I'll post a video of it if I find it.

Plus his stupid foul on Lua Lua which led to their goal. F***Kin Webb. :tdown:

yeah, too bad. Paraga h Bordeaux :LOL:

I don't mind seeing Olympiakos losing, but Greece needs the points. The game was horrible from what I saw and Bordeaux looked like they were joking with Olympiakos who could not string two passes together. Not much else to say but the red papers will fill 20 pages with how officiating caused Oly the game.

Oly did play horrible, I'll be the first to admit that. Their passing was good only when it landed at the feet of a Bordeaux player. So frustrating to watch.

But sorry, the double gang bang on Derbyshire is not fair, no matter how poorly Oly played.

i was hoping oly would win this one..we could really use the points...

the team seemed very uninspired and played with a lack of real fire and drive...they looked very..flat...only mellberg really impressed me..to be honest, the goal was correclty disallowed..if you look on the relay derbyshire looked back at where the keeper was before he turned, started falling backwards and grabbed the keeper...then he raised his legs up after he fell trying to block the keeper...there was contact from both players on the play so a penatly call for oly would have been very unrealistic...there was a pretty clear infraction on the keeper...

Oly was so disappointing, especially after watching Stutgart v. Barcelona. What a match! Stutgart took it to the best team in the world, the passion, aggression, stringing passes together ;) . I love to see huge underdogs play to win, and not to lose. They were definitely the better team in the first half, and I'd say they were about equal in the second. They played with @rkidia, and despite being a Barcelona fan, I will cheer for this Stutgart team in their 2nd leg because I wish my team could play like that.

And how do we play with the Navy Blue Sailors? Pathetic. Every time an Oly player recovered possession, I thought "He's gonna lose it", and if not him, the guy he passes it to will definitely lose it. No wonder our best chance came off of corners, cause there was only one pass required, more than that, and good luck connecting 2 or more in a row. Derby should have been put in at 60" at the very latest, the man has knack for scoring goals whenever given the opportunity. I hope he stays with the team.

Still can't believe we lost to a team dressed like the Navy boys. :LOL:

ha ha, I was going to ask, what was with the Bordeaux uniforms? I thought the WWI French fleet had landed.

I looked at the sports news and commentary on TV and I could not believe the twist they put on the game! It sounded as if Olympiakos had Bordeaux cornered in their box and bombarded them from everywhere. In reality I respect BlueStriker's view that the game was pretty horrible to watch, especially from the Olympiakos side. Bordeaux were impressive with their crisp passing but they seemed content to keep the tempo low so it looked like a practice session of Bordeaux with a low division team to me.

To be fair, Olympiakos did miss some amazing shots (I want that Bordeaux goalkeeper in Green jersey!) and were unlucky not to score against the flow of the game. Also, initially I thought the ref was weird to disallow the goal, but after seeing it on replays it looks like Darbysire is deliberately trying to create havoc in the box with outstretched arms, pulling down the defender with the left and raising the right to pull the goalkeeper down (he is even looking for him before he reaches). It was nitpicking but a good call. If he had not called it the French would be complaining with merit.

Anyway, maybe Olympiakos can pull a miracle in France but they look really winded and uninspired. There is no beginning or end to this Olympiakos team.

Can anyone find a clip of Olympiakos' disallowed goal? Howard Webb is a disgrace

You ask, I deliver. Don't worry about the title which contains a wrong scoreline, it's the correct video. For the part with the disallowed goal, skip to 05:30. Enjoy before they take it down.

Archived