Phantis Forums

PAO_OR_DEATH

well, it seems that AEK and OLY are out of the cup. I'm not saying it's ours--I remember last year--but we could take it if we're serious. On the other hand, I'd prefer that the cup goes to a lesser team... As I've said in the past, only teams that haven't been in euro play the year before should participate in the Greek cup. That's one way to boost the itnerest and give a chance to smaller teams to get a nice trophy.

I don't much care for the cup for some reason. Many garbage games, mostly scheduled in the most inopportune times. The games late in the season will be wedged between important Euro or SL games making the players work constantly. I wish we could withdraw from the contest.

But since we don't have the choice, if we can get to the final with our second team, then it would be nice to win it. I won't be upset if we get eliminated.

I want the SL title and at least Europa League 16. That would be a nice season. If the cup is also won along the way, then it would be a little tiny bit nicer.

They should have two cups... Like they do in England, Scotland, France..

The league cup should be for all teams but with all teams fielding no more then 3 Non greek players... imagine playing Mellberg, Dudu and Galetti and not being allowed to play any other non greeks...

No Zairi, no Diogo, No bravo .. just greeks..

Same for Pao... Lets say... we choose for the game to play.. Cisse, Leto and Bjarsmyr...

No Gilberto, No simao No Rukavina....

Also, an added rule should be that you must have at least half ur squad (9 out of 18) players, under the age of 23... Would make it very interesting. And none of this draw to see who u play... 2nd division vs 3rd then winner faces 1st division...

Start from the fourth division and 3rd... after that... anything goes... You might have Doxa Drama vs Eordaikos and AEK vs PAOK... Would be quite intersting..

Then the greece cup as we have it now... with no foreigner rules...

then you would have the winners of each cup play a final entrance to Europe. If one of the winners is already in europe.. the other team automatically goes in..

Imagine, the league cup with a round of 16 with matches like Eordaikos vs Niki Volou and Panathinaikos vs Aris.... and the finals being

Panionio vs Ergotelis!!!!

Then the regular cup finals would be.....

Aris vs Oly

Aris win and Ergotelis win...

Then they both face eachother in the super cup final..

and Ergotelis WIN!!!! and make it to Europa!!!!

Would kickstart them financially... How else is Ergotelis gonna make it to the final or europe?

The first part of the season can have the early stages of the cup with 3rd and 4th division games as they dont play in europe...

after christmas that cup can be finished, say around mid January... and the real greek cup begins.... and none of this home and away... only the semi finals are home and away...

One game in a neutral field... Oly vs PAO in TOUMBA?!! Nice!!!

bah.. pipe dreams....

But it would be nice..

Whos left in the cup now...

Panathinaikos

Aris

Oly Volou

Trikala

Paok

Thrasyvoulos

Panionio

kavala.

xanthi

levadeiakos

Pas Giannena

Panserreaikos

Asteras Tripoli

Atromitos

Pierikos

Kallithea

whens the draw...

We should face another small team that never gets to see pao.. Did u see Eordaikos.. the hole of Kozani was at the hotel and asked for autographs etc

Must be nice for small teams liek that to see players liek Cisse and Gilberto

Never heard of Eordaikos before.

Obvious win....Now with OSFP, AEK eliminated, who is actually a competitor? Aris & PAOK?

Its a must win this year....

With that sort of attitude we won't win anything. They are certainly competitors, and good ones too. The cup is still wide open

The good news is that we played a very mature game and Ten Cate learned from last year's blunders. He did rest some players but he had Cisse, Nini, Leto in the lineup.

Panathinaikos worked hard to make this a one sided game. Ten Cate kept urging the team to attack even after the 3-0.

Archived