Phantis Forums

Kavala v. Panathinaikos

athinaios

We have to re-evaluate our squad... If PAO can't do much without Salpi and Kara then there's something wrong here...

Also, I feel that Sisse is wasted.... Hasn't been a factor...

OK, Ruka is coming in .... to score! :P [who wants to bet?]

Well, you can't spot opponents 2 goals, give them a whole half and expect to win.

Kavala is a decent team but nothing special. We really sucked today, from the coach to the last player. A few good plays here and there don't mean much. We did have a couple of shots toward the end but so what.

Our team needs more discipline and patience. It's not a matter of players. I saw the whole team unable to hold the ball in midfield, and unable to defend like a team

94' as I write this we save the day (kind of) with Cisse 2-2 !

sorry, but we were lucky to score so late...

but, we have to rethink our approach... this is not how PAO should go through this season....

Sisse had one attempt, after being nowhere (or misplacing himself and the ball) all the game...

You saw how the team got more in tune with Kara's entrance... Same with Salpi...

If this is 2 man team, then I wonder....

I hope we put this game behind us and blame it on the break and the obligations of our many internationals...

We still have PAOK and most importantly gavroi... IF we take care of them, we can finally finish the first round ontop... which would be a change from past seasons when PAO was out of contention by xmas!

Its funny but Kats along with Simao and GAbriel were our worst players in the first half...

Yet Kats in the second half has a goal and an assist...

Thats the kind of player he is.... out of nowhere he could make goals happen.

Imagin we had Tziolis or Simao as our 2nd DM behind Silva... Kats has 4 goals already

Anyway..

Bottom line... we went into a very tough stadium against a team that is very strong and in form and we somehow managed to come back from 2-0 down.

I only wish our training sessions wouldnt be missing 12 players everytime there is a NT call up. Cant really Gel that way

Its funny but Kats along with Simao and GAbriel were our worst players in the first half...

Yet Kats in the second half has a goal and an assist...

Thats the kind of player he is.... out of nowhere he could make goals happen.

Imagin we had Tziolis or Simao as our 2nd DM behind Silva... Kats has 4 goals already

Anyway..

Bottom line... we went into a very tough stadium against a team that is very strong and in form and we somehow managed to come back from 2-0 down.

I only wish our training sessions wouldnt be missing 12 players everytime there is a NT call up. Cant really Gel that way

Every big club faces this obstacle. We must find a way to overcome this. The key is rotation and keeping the squad fresh.

I'm a little disappointed with today's result. The fact that Olympiakos won their double-headers (away at PAOK and AEK) means we can't afford to slip up against mediocre teams. Kavala are a good little outfit but so is Iraklis, PAS, etc. We can't slip up at these sorts of places if we want to win the league because Olympiakos will probably find a way past them.

The only teams it's excusable to drop points at is the big 4 and Aris. Anywhere else is a little disappointing.

I agree but Oly did drop points to Kavala at home to boot. We havent played PAOK yet true.. but OLy havent played Aris or Ergotelis ... who are 3rd and 4th and they did play Panionio and Leavadia (who will be relegated imo)

Aek have 4 players away on NT and Oly had 5.. we had 13....

Thats more than half a team and we could not even get a startin 11 for a friendly..... Why call up Ninis if u wont play him... Why call up Giourkas who hasnt played and risk injuring him. Why call up manz and Tziolis who are without team. It makes no sense to me.

Besides all that though... Its funny how papers back oly so much.

Pao played great football against Aris and LArisa and Oly yesterday apparently'' ekripse thn mpalla''

HAHAHAHA WTF... they played well... but lets not over react.

Plus did u all see Avraams drop kick on the Asteras goalie in the first half... Shoulda been a red .... But of course... this is only considered VAZELO Bitchin....

Either way... We will win thechampionship this season and itll all happen with a win in Karaiskaki..

I agree but Oly did drop points to Kavala at home to boot. We havent played PAOK yet true.. but OLy havent played Aris or Ergotelis ... who are 3rd and 4th and they did play Panionio and Leavadia (who will be relegated imo)

Aek have 4 players away on NT and Oly had 5.. we had 13....

Thats more than half a team and we could not even get a startin 11 for a friendly..... Why call up Ninis if u wont play him... Why call up Giourkas who hasnt played and risk injuring him. Why call up manz and Tziolis who are without team. It makes no sense to me.

Besides all that though... Its funny how papers back oly so much.

Pao played great football against Aris and LArisa and Oly yesterday apparently'' ekripse thn mpalla''

HAHAHAHA WTF... they played well... but lets not over react.

Plus did u all see Avraams drop kick on the Asteras goalie in the first half... Shoulda been a red .... But of course... this is only considered VAZELO Bitchin....

Either way... We will win thechampionship this season and itll all happen with a win in Karaiskaki..

Ketsbaia got sacked because of the Kavala result! :P They've also played Asteras, who were 4th, and embarassed them. We have to be more ruthless this year.

Unfortunately because of work i missed the Aris game and I didn't see Oly-Asteras so I can't comment, but the Greek media over-hypes everyone, including PAO. We beat Prague and they were making out as if we beat Barca! They sensationalize everything. Oly is easier to sell at the moment because they're in the CL and have just had Zico arrive. The headlines roll easily. Ignore it, it's not important.

The real issue is that we need to rack up the points because Olympiakos are winning all their games while not playing particularly well. That's the sign of a champion, winning when you're not on form. We have to get that killer instinct too because I believe that at our best we're better than them at their best. So we can't allow the league to slip away simply because we can't grind out wins.

Good post Euro and Niko.

This is a long season. Olympiakos does what the've always have been doing: winning one way or another. The difference this season is we match them up and get points even when we don't play well.

There will be more mediocre games ahead and I will guarantee that we'll drop some more points here and there - some will be unexpected. We need to find a way to take the pitch more motivated. We showed in the second half that we can push these teams around. There is no reason we can't do that from the first minute.

oh man the sort of game i wish i could have watched live,

to be honest, its an away draw,,,,,MUCH worse could have happened.

im not worried yet, henky boy said that id he was given the option of 19 points from the next 7 games he would take it. I agree.

nice to see cisse get on the board, i love this guy i want him to stay GREEN

Archived