Phantis Forums

Kavala v. Panathinaikos

athinaios

Sunday, 7 pm, local time.

Well, Kavala is surprisingly good, and I worry that PAO won't be ready with all those injuries and tired players (like Salpi).

Only if we play very well we'll get the 3 points. Very dangerous game in my opinion. If we don't score by 60' Kavala can do to us what they did to gavroi in Pireus.

We must show we can win these games and maintain the pressure on Oly.

Kavala looks like they have a good team this year, but we must go through in convincing fashion to hold first place.

The team is complete with the exception the injured Darla, Seitaridi, and Petropoulo. Christodoulopoulos did not make the 18 either.

3 points we need. If we play some good football it will be all the sweeter.

So far we look flat and Kavala has the initiative. The pitch is wet and our midfield is non-existent. Let's hope we get it together soon.

The lineup for the record:

-----------------------Tzorvas-----------------

Vintra------Bjarsmyr---Sariegi--------Kante

-----------Katsouranis---Simao-------------

Gabriel----------------Ninis------------Leto

----------------------Cisse------------------

1-0 onouatsi

what a pathetic defensive display!

Onouatsi run all the way from midfield, cut inwards and everyone was just looking at him until he uleashed a rocket from 25 meters. I am not going to say anything about our midfield, Vintra, Bjarsmyr, Simao, Gabriel, and Tzorvas who shoudl have all stopped him before the shot. Tzorvas should have blocked this but he did a Nikopolidia waving at the ball with the wrong arm as it went by.

Tired Salpi is to enter ... warming up on the sidelines! Making a sub this early means that TKate doesn't have confidence in his offense to produce a goal... Pathetic.

Yes, Kavala's playing like we should be playing... As I said earlier, if we don't score by the 60', I think Kavala can fall back and control the game...

We need a goal quickly now...

It doesn't matter they got lucky.... They're creating chances, they're visiting our box often... We don't have the same presense in their box...

Maybe we're having a greater % of possession but so what...

Got to come back like a storm in the second half... At this point, getting a tie looks desirable...

They just showed the first goal. Wow! Onouatsi run diagonally from the left touch line, a little over midfield. Vintra slipped and fell down.

Onouatsi waited for him to get up and then went by him as if he was not even there.

Simao found himself out of the play following a player who run towards the their left wing. Gabriel was jogging happily somewhere in midfield watching Onouatsi run.

Bjarsmy looked left, then he looked right then he turned around, but none of these moves distracted Onouatsi who kept running.

Katsouranis was not even in the tv picture.

I don't want to fault Tzorvas, but I'd feel better if we get a real goalkeeper in January.

Archived