Phantis Forums

Greece - Luxembourg

dark_horse

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

jarvis, go back and look at the second swiss goal that beat us and the moldova goal....each time this woeful excuse for a professional soccer player was undressed....he is always one or two steps behind the play...every fuc*ing time.....its like he is trying to react rather than anticipate.....i mean for heavans sake if we can all see it why cant oto...?papastathopoulos is light years better.....

now with kyriagos out he may play more......if that is the case we are done....that is a biiiiiiig loss....not only becuase of the physical play and expreince he brings, but the opening his absence creates.............

aaaaaaaaaaaaaa -vraaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmm

aaaaaaaaaaaaaa- vraaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmm

the guy has fear written all over his face.....

its like the schlamiel (the waiter who drops the soup) and the schlamazel (the poor innocent sucker who get the soup spilled on him)

aaaaavraaaaaamm the schlamazel.......

my uncle (who played for olympiacos back in the 50's said to me:

ama aftos htan mesa sthn parea mas, tha etroge sfaliares apo allous........there you go - instant classic....

gn

I hope Drakos saw tonight's game. I'd be interested to see if he still believes we should be playing at OAKA? The game MUST be moved from Athens because they simply don't care about the Ethniki.  Sportdog.gr reported that even the players want the play-offs in Crete. We'll see what happens. Personally I don't think we'll make the World Cup. We don't have the team, we don't have the manager and we don't have the heart.

That isn't so true man. You need to undersand a bit better the fans mentality, for real.

Fans go according to the match.

A game vs Luxemborg when we are basically sealed in a playoff spot, is not going to sell 70.000 seats. Same with Latvia. I told you this would happen. If it was Greece who was in pole position to qualify or big match, its a different story.

For the playoff game, we want OAKA. For the atmosphere, and for the pitch which is bigger and better for us to actually get some offense going.

I think there should be more rotation to other stadiums, because it is unfair to other cities to have empty stadiums in Athens, while people are willing to fill up elsewhere.

IMO, my solution is have the biggest games in Athens, and for the rest rotate around, Patra, Crete, Saloniki, Volos....For a playoff for example should be in Athens.

A playoff game for the ethniki that decides World Cup or not on the spot, is going to be a totally diff story, atmosphere and turnout.

Crete really wants the match, but I'm not sure about that. OAKA is good for us. We tend to score more goals in OAKA. A bigger field + home advantage is pretty good for us, if we are going to play 3 forwards etc. I'd rather have it in Patra than in Crete.

I don't beleive you've ever been in OAKA for an "event" when its packed. When it matters, Greek fans show up big. Thats how its always been.

As for the game, I didn't see it. I saw Avraam had a great goal. Did Gkeaks get the record afterall? Watched the Israel game, was cheering for them but they were bad.

I really hope for them to make it and we defintley have a chance, but the truth is.

Ireland, Bosnia, Ukraine, Slovenia will all be happy to draw Greece. I have a feeling were not going through.

Bosnia are really strong, they have some seriously good talents like Dzeko and Misimovic..This is the strongest Bosnia ever, and I beleive this is the year they make the WC and will get a 2nd Round/Quarterfinals appearance (with an easy draw of course).

Slovenia I'm kind of hoping for. They arent amazing, but they did finish well in a group with Czech, Poles and N. Irish who were stronger than usual last qualifying.

Ukraine - will beat us.... :tdown: Their football/league is growing, like Russia. Last pick for me.

Ireland - would be tough, tough game because the Irish are fighters, even if theyre not the best team out there. But, if our team fights back we have a chance.

jarvis, go back and look at the second swiss goal that beat us and the moldova goal....each time this woeful excuse for a professional soccer player was undressed....he is always one or two steps behind the play...every fuc*ing time.....its like he is trying to react rather than anticipate.....i mean for heavans sake if we can all see it why cant oto...?papastathopoulos is light years better.....

now with kyriagos out he may play more......if that is the case we are done....that is a biiiiiiig loss....not only becuase of the physical play and expreince he brings, but the opening his absence creates.............

aaaaaaaaaaaaaa -vraaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmm

aaaaaaaaaaaaaa- vraaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmm

the guy has fear written all over his face.....

its like the schlamiel (the waiter who drops the soup) and the schlamazel (the poor innocent sucker who get the soup spilled on him)

aaaaavraaaaaamm the schlamazel.......

my uncle (who played for olympiacos back in the 50's said to me:

ama aftos htan mesa sthn parea mas, tha etroge sfaliares apo allous........there you go - instant classic....

gn

I don't have to go back and take a look; I'll take your word for it.

Even if he wasn't at fault for those other goals this last one was horrible.

He needs to be benched or left off the team with crucial games coming up.

I'm still hoping for Ninis to find some playing time but I've learned not to hold my breath.

Archived