Phantis Forums

Olympiakos - Standard Liege

dark_horse

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fantastic result tonight for Olympiakos. The performance was good considering who was out. Zewlakow, Maresca and Galletti were great. Zairi was danerous at times. But defensively Olympiakos were appalling. Considering that Liege didn't really do anything, they still created many chances. Many of them came from some shocking defending.

Avraam is too weak and slow for this level. His positional sense is also bad. Bravo's lack of pace was also exposed and I can't believe I'm about to say this, but Mellberg's positional sense was a joke! Olympiakos were giving up chances because of simple long balls over the top. I mean wtf, is this pub league football?!

Thankfully the heart shone through but Olympiakos need to address these issues if they are to compete at this level.

@ Genome and anyone else planning to make the away trip for this Liege game. According to reports (from sportdog.gr and elsewhere) there was crowd trouble today. The travelling fans caused trouble on the metro and clashed with the Greek police. Some then stormed the pitch in a bid to attack the host fans and steal Olympiakos' banners. Apparently the Olympiakos fans prevented the Liege fans from taking their banners by giving them a beating and then retaliated by counter-attacking them and stealing the Liege banners. So anyone who may be travelling to Liege should be careful because there'll be a negative atmosphere around the place.

Apparently the Olympiakos fans prevented the Liege fans from taking their banners by giving them a beating and then retaliated by counter-attacking them and stealing the Liege banners.

Although this behaviour is really stupid ... GOOD! :D

Seriously though, I checked their site and in Dutch it says tickets will only be available through OSFP for OSFP fans so I'm not sure how to get them now...

Kokkalis paid the ref!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Seriously if OSFP scored in the 94th minute against OFI to win the game the fans would be all over this.

I'm glad OSFP won. I'm also thinking that Mitroglu has to be a starter for every game. Furthermore, I would like to see what he could do for the Ethniki. Not against Ukraine, but in exhibition games to start off. Think of the skill improvement in the team the second you put Mitroglou and Ninis on the pitch

No thrylos...its never the last minute goals that cause a stir... Its the last minute penalties, clear offsides and non red cards that cause a stir..

Ninis and Mitroglu should be part of the NT.... How can they both come on in europe and be dominant.. and not be good enough for the NT

Thrylos, we're here (PAO & AEK fans) delighted that you won. I cheered the goals like they were PAO goals, but there's always someone to make a European game involve PAO and AEK somehow :rolleyes: :D

If this was the Greek league Olympiakos would have been given 2 penalties, when Zairi and Mellberg decided to fall over in the box! :P

In all seriousness I thought the ref was exceptional tonight. Firm but fair. I though Mangala may have deserved a 2nd yellow and Dudu's goal should arguably have stood because the defender made a meal of the little contact that was made. But overall it was a very good performance by the Portuguese referee, Pedro Proença. Bravo tou. If more refs like him existed there wouldn't be so many Switzerland-Greece games <_<

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xavf05_yy...0102009-y_sport

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xavf38_yy...0102009-y_sport

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xavf4m_yy...0102009-y_sport

g@m@ to spiti tous! A little bit of fight from the boys!

Iero the "crusher" kills these clowns at the death! Mwahahahha

Iero is probably the toughest footballer on this planet. Exei ######si polous!

Anywayz my fellow nigz, I expect the same result in the return leg. Mitroglou will be rapping with his eye brows in order!

Kokkalis paid the ref!! :LOL:  :LOL:  :LOL:  :LOL:  :LOL:  :LOL:

Seriously if OSFP scored in the 94th minute against OFI to win the game the fans would be all over this.

I'm glad OSFP won. I'm also thinking that Mitroglu has to be a starter for every game. Furthermore, I would like to see what he could do for the Ethniki. Not against Ukraine, but in exhibition games to start off. Think of the skill improvement in the team the second you put Mitroglou and Ninis on the pitch

No actually.

When its a penalty against Levadiakos that was blatantly 'not' thats what cuases the stir in the 94ths or non calls which are equally ridiculous essentially forcing the goal or protecting OSFP's lead, thats when the talk arises. Big difference than a corner kick.

Im not sure if Mitroglou should be ethniki yet. I think his era will begin after this summer. For now we need him to lead the u21, and we already have Salpiggidis, Amanatidis, Samaras, and of course Gkekas....Mitroglou over Xaristeas though definitley

By the way we won that levedaikos match 3-0, and I think I remember AN Aris game against pao where it was 2-1 pao, and a blatant penalty wasn't called. Plus the asteras game that we weren't given a penalty i think makes up for it.

Well enough bickering. This was a great game that was saved by stoltidis. This man has been doing it for years, and he added another one in his illustrious career. Great game: does anyone know how many points oly needs to clinch a spot in the 16?

Archived