Phantis Forums

Panathinaikos - Aris

athinaios

If this was a derby, it'd be remembered a long time...

Guys, Aris could have been up 3-2 now.... counting the chances they wasted . Our defense is the weakest link.... Got to fix it. Sooner or later we'll pay dearly..

If this was a derby, it'd be remembered a long time...

Guys, Aris could have been up 3-2 now....  counting the chances they wasted . Our defense is the weakest link.... Got to fix it.  Sooner or later we'll pay dearly..

We've ALREADY paid for it Athniaie. Last year league, cup, not making the champions league this year..... :angry:

We've paid for it enough. Its a horrendous defense this has been obvious for over a year. So much talent up front, and its gone waste by the disproportionally awful defensive line we have.

Credit to Mazinho. Don't overcredit Aris for not being defensive. They simply have a coach that with common sense who'se seen how terrible our defense can play and went at it, our most obvious weakness.

Had Abreu not been simply atrocious with those 2 must score chances missed (and an own goal), this would have been a different game for Aris.

Nice game. Very enjoyable. 4x3=12 so far and we finally played good football. I counted zero lobs forward. We had many combination plays from left and from the right especially where Salpi was on fire. We were unlucky to lose three fullbacks in one game and the team showed character turning this one around after conceding a soft goal. Despite a couple of scary moments we deserved this win. Aris had possession in midfield but didn't really get into our box very much. We were adventurous and Ten Cate risked a little bit with Karagounis when Spyropoulos got injured, but in the end his move was justified. AEK lost points yesterday and if Olympiakos doesn't win in Touba we'll be driving this title race. Kudos to Aris for playing nice football.

Our best played game so far this season but I still think Aris played better! At least we were finally putting some decent passes together and it was a hard fought win. This is what the team can demonstrate when you have both Leto and Ninis in there. And they were slowly improving throughout the game especially when Kara entered. There are a couple of players he could have used to replace Kara; there was no #10. I can only imagine what Leto-Ninis-Kara-Cisse-Mantzios could do. They would make the opposing defences heads twirl. Nice fantasy though!

I really enjoyed watching todays game.

As a football fan especially. It was outstanding. Probably one of the best matches in the SL ive seen in years.

Props to Kats and Salpi. Props to Leto too... But MAJOR MAJOR props to the swede. Bjarsmyr has proven in the last 4 games that he has everythign it takes to become a big team player. A huge Cb and not nly that.. but he can move the ball. He set up salpi on the winnin goal with a beautiful pass....

Penalty? Maybe.... Just like Us vs Oly last year.. or AEK. Or PAOK...

Every team gets penalties not called...

well maybe except Oly.. :P

i have a feelinh that cisse is not keen on PAO, i hope he scores a few goals soon just to get his ego pumping again

i think its the opposite....its because he is so keen, that hes frustrated and as a result its not working out for him...it will change soon..

It's obvious that Cisse is frustrated, but he doesn't need to be. From what I saw, his teammates are looking for him all the time. It's obvious that he is out of form, but he needs to pick up his work rate a bit. He also complains to his teammates way too much about everything to the point where he distracts himself and I bet he irritates his teammates. Everyone believes in him and he will do fine, but he does need to help himself a little.

Archived