Phantis Forums

Panionios-Paok

Crazy

Posted Image VS Posted Image

The season starts for Paok with a dificult away game against a good Panionios team.I believe that Paok has a better quality of players and is more ready since he has played 3 official games and i expect to see Paok getting the 3 points.

Although we have played 3 games, we are coming off of a mid-week game and it is a game away from home. I'm hoping for a win, but I see a tie here.

If PAOK is serious about a title challenge these are the sorts of tough games the team needs to come through. Personally I think the team needs a quality goalscorer because PAOK's problem with finishing is will cost you points. Perhaps this is where you'll drop points, but I haven't been impressed with Panionios and I see you stealing it. Just found out that Cleiton went to OFI, I think he'd have been a good signing for PAOK.

Did you see the Heerenveen game Paoktsis? I was so disappointed. Do you think PAOK can overturn the result?

Euro I have a good feeling about the return leg with Herenveen. I think you will see the dutch open up in front of their fans, which means more chances for us. The two questions are can our defence hold up and can we finish our chances. 0-1, 1-2, or 2-2 gets us though I don't think either score is imposible.

I agree with you about the Panionios game, if we want to be a top tier team we need to take these type of games, but remember most of our players have not been acustomed to the grind of European football and league games at the same time.

Euro I have a good feeling about the return leg with Herenveen. I think you will see the dutch open up in front of their fans, which means more chances for us. The two questions are can our defence hold up and can we finish our chances. 0-1, 1-2, or 2-2 gets us though I don't think either score is imposible.

I agree with you about the Panionios game, if we want to be a top tier team we need to take these type of games, but remember most of our players have not been acustomed to the grind of European football and league games at the same time.

I think you're spot on. This is where the major challenge will be for PAOK. Success in both competitions requires focus, fitness, consistency and determination. I really do like PAOK as a club and I hope they can rise to the challenge.

I'm not so confident about the Heerenveen game though to be honest. I really do feel that Toumba is a major weapon for PAOK and failing to capitalise at home could prove very costly in my opinion. I really hope I'm wrong.

@ Nikosvazelas: it was on sportdog.gr

http://www.sportdog.gr/new/article.aspx?id=104763

A little off topic, but why would PAO let Cleyton go to OFI. I thought he played well with the time he was given last year. Also if injuries occur up front to he would be useful.

Archived