Phantis Forums

PAOK - Valerenga

Irlandos

WTF!?? I thought PAOK would beat them easily. Apparently, PAOK will suck in Europe too this year. :(

How was Koutsianikoulis? Any good?

Greece should have picked up an extra coefficient point from that.....

PAOK dominated the game. 17 shots to 3. PAOK lacked a bit of a cutting edge and the absence of Muslimovic was notable. Nonetheless they should have won the game comfortably, but their finishing was poor. Anastasakos, Sorlin and Papazoglou missed really good chances and I found Santos' decisions a bit perplexing. Anastasakos was ineffective and he waited until they were 0-1 down before introducing Filomeno and Koutsianikoulis.

Koutsi was ineffective to be honest. He kept overruning the ball and losing it and he made silly decisions. For instance in the 92nd min he raced away from their full back down the wing near the half way line. With merely a minute left he should have run the ball into the corner flag. Instead he tried to cut in to run towards goal, he overran the ball and the full back tackled him with ease and Valerenga went on the attack. He didn't even put one cross into the box. He came very close to scoring in the 90th min though when he slid in to meet a low cross but he shot wide from 6 yards. He should have scored. He's a great talent but needs to learn to understand how he should use his attributes and must learn to improve the rest of his game. He's so fast he's unplayable at times, but I didn't see him use his pace correctly. He didn't even deliver one cross. If he concentrates on beating his full back and delivering cross after cross while sometimes cutting in and running at the backline he could be a major weapon. Instead he's very predictable, always trying to take 3 or 4 players on. He has a lot to learn.

Archived