Phantis Forums

Champions League draw

Irlandos

Tomorrow we will know Olympiakos' opponents for the playoffs round of the CL. The winners get into the CL group stage, the losers get into the UEFA...er Europa League's group stage.

Olympiakos' possible opponents are:

Salzburg (Austria)

Debrecen (Hungary)

APOEL

Ventspils (Latvia)

Sherif Tiraspol (Moldova)

My only wish is that we avoid another civil war this year :tdown:

I dont want APOEL either.I like to see teams from Cyprus doing well even with all the stupid things that happened last year.Salzburg is the one with the more experience but in reality, Olympiakos playing well in both games should not have a problem going through.Now we need to prove if last year mistake have become a lesson to the team and players.

Olympiakos should get through to the group stages. ANy of the five oponents, we should beat.

Many people say we should avoid APOEL & Salzburg. If we going to worry about about facing APOEL or Salburg. Imaging what we say if we face the likes of Barca, Man Utd, Milan ,Liverpool, Real Madrid, Juventus, Bayern etc. lol

Seriously it is got to be a joke, when they say we must avoid Salzburg???

Man, you guys have already avoided every difficult opponent in the qualifyers!!!!!!

Salzburg?? :LOL:

Because they beat mighty DINAMO ZAGREB?! Seriously. OSFP would not have much trouble with SALZBURG.

Only team to "fear" is APOEL, because they are more familiar with OSFP indirectly, certainly the most difficult stadium OSFP could encounter out of that pool, and probably the toughest team too. But OSFP would still be very big favourites.

The best reason to avoid APOEL, is because they want APOEL to qualify too, which I hope for also.

Really, the draw is very easy for OSFP, I think the biggest concerns for OSFP fans should be when the home and away matches are, and when/where to book plane tickets for away matches.

This really is the sorriest 3rd Qual. Draw Pot in the history of the competition (literally, there has never been a weaker draw as the new system is promoting inferior teams and cannibalizing out superior ones for not being domestic champions).

Theres absolutley no excuse for OSFP to not beat any of those team. APOEL would be a derby-ish for many Greek reasons in players/fans/clubs etc. And they really are not an Anorthosis.

Salzburg? Tiraspol? Ventspils? Debrecen???

It will be exact same as Slovan games. They will fight and keep the scores respectable, but their will not be any doubt about who will win the tie after the first leg.

Archived