Phantis Forums

Larisa - Rejkjavik

Irlandos

I'm sorry, F*** LARISA.

They are a DISGRACE, and they just set back Greek league points AGAIN!

AVERAGING A FAT ZERO INTO OUR COEFFICIENTS. We really, truly should stop awarding our European spots based on standings. I don't care if AEL got 5th. I'd rather have seen Asteras, Panionios, or Ergotelis in that spot.

And, lets say PAOK or AEK won the playoffs for CL? Doesnt matter. The best possible teams for Greece to send to the CL and have even a HOPE of qualifying are PAO and OSFP. (OSFP as Champion has a very easy route).

It's just a thought.....But this is just a plain s*****er for Greek Football. I really expect PAOK and AEK to step it up. PAO should not have to carry the league on their back, OSFP to some extent too.

The last time a Greek team was this disgraceful was OFI losing to that Kazakh side in the Intertoto. P A T H E T I C!!!!!!!

Drakos... It just goes to show you how WEAK our league is... What we need is more structure. We don't have any and we don't give a damn... There's going to be tons of excuses why Larissa lost (players we hurt, too early, bad 2nd half of game one etc etc) but bottom line it starts from the top and it trickles down to the players...

We don't deserve to have more that 2 teams playing in Europe and it's a damn shame.

:tdown:

Drakos... It just goes to show you how WEAK our league is... What we need is more structure. We don't have any and we don't give a damn... There's going to be tons of excuses why Larissa lost (players we hurt, too early, bad 2nd half of game one etc etc) but bottom line it starts from the top and it trickles down to the players...

We don't deserve to have more that 2 teams playing in Europe and it's a damn shame.

:tdown:

hate to say this but you are 100% correct

:( :angry:

I was used to seeing Icelandic clubs eliminated from the Cup of Champions with 12-0 scores in their bags.

To have a Greek A' Division club being eliminated by a bunch of naftoproskopoi is a disgrace without excuse! :tdown:

Firstly anyone that thinks Larissa aren't good enough to beat the Rejkjavik is being silly. This game isn't a reflection of the strength of the Greek league. If it was it wouldn't be such a disgrace, because Larissa would have lost to a team that's on the same level as them. This is a disgrace because Larissa are so much better. I saw both games and in both games Larissa were good in the first half and abysmal in the 2nd. They were visibly exhausted. That's inexcusable! How can the players not be ready? I can understand them not being 100% sharp but they should have started training early enough to be at least 85% fit.

Having seen Larissa on numerous occasions last year and having seen these 2 games, it's not an overstatement to say that the players on show were approx 45% of their maximum sharpness. This is inexcusable and heads have to roll for them being unprepared. If I was the chairman I'd take drastic action. I'm not a fan of mass-punishment but everyone on display was a disgrace. With the exception of Metin who played injured, I'd have fined every player 2 weeks wages and sacked Ouzinidis. The last time I saw a team this unprepared was when the Swede took over at PAO was sacked before the season even started. Ouzinidis should suffer the same fate.

Firstly anyone that thinks Larissa aren't good enough to beat the Rejkjavik is being silly. This game isn't a reflection of the strength of the Greek league. If it was it wouldn't be such a disgrace, because Larissa would have lost to a team that's on the same level as them. This is a disgrace because Larissa are so much better. I saw both games and in both games Larissa were good in the first half and abysmal in the 2nd. They were visibly exhausted. That's inexcusable! How can the players not be ready? I can understand them not being 100% sharp but they should have started training early enough to be at least 85% fit.

Having seen Larissa on numerous occasions last year and having seen these 2 games, it's not an overstatement to say that the players on show were approx 45% of their maximum sharpness. This is inexcusable and heads have to roll for them being unprepared. If I was the chairman I'd take drastic action. I'm not a fan of mass-punishment but everyone on display was a disgrace. With the exception of Metin who played injured, I'd have fined every player 2 weeks wages and sacked Ouzinidis. The last time I saw a team this unprepared was when the Swede took over at PAO was sacked before the season even started. Ouzinidis should suffer the same fate.

Agreed.

And, People trashing our league because of underperforming teams, are still failing to realize so much. We're not a super league,but we are much better than people give credit for.

Look at the overall trend of Greek football quality and clubs. It is going UP. I mean teams like Ergotelis 10 yrs ago???? Compared to today? Same goes with other bottom teams, who are much much better than their equivalents years ago.

I mean seriously, frikkin PANIONIOS has Recoba, Estoyanoff on their team. Matias LEQUI is playing at one of the worst clubs in Greece. Rivaldo, Gilberto, Galletti, Mellberg, Cisse, have all come to the Greek league. Even Verpakovskis made the swtich from Dynamo Kiev to Ergotelis, Aris has Abreu, PAOK has Muslimovic....etc etc. The point is players of these higher calibres certainly did not go to Greece - not to teams of that size anyways. I still dont understand how Recoba and Estoyanoff and now Balaban are in Panionios.

No, these arent mega signings, but no doubt we are seeing more bigger talent come into Greece. Not to mention the team spurned pretty much entirely on its own, a Euro winning team, and 2 diff Greek clubs have made the last 16 of the CL. We've had good results in the past, remember when Blackburn was eliminated by AEL, Sochaux by Panionios and Zaragoza by Aris in the same season?

We're not that horrible. Even Julio Cruz said it best, that Greeks underwrite the league too much.

Our teams do underperform, and often in the case of teams like AEL, OFI who make the lowest European spots dont spend more than a damn week preparing for their European matches in the summer, and dont even put in their top lineup. They are LAZY.

Agreed.

And, People trashing our league because of underperforming teams, are still failing to realize so much. We're not a super league,but we are much better than people give credit for.

Look at the overall trend of Greek football quality and clubs. It is going UP. I mean teams like Ergotelis 10 yrs ago???? Compared to today? Same goes with other bottom teams, who are much much better than their equivalents years ago.

I mean seriously, frikkin PANIONIOS has Recoba, Estoyanoff on their team. Matias LEQUI is playing at one of the worst clubs in Greece. Rivaldo, Gilberto, Galletti, Mellberg, Cisse, have all come to the Greek league. Even Verpakovskis made the swtich from Dynamo Kiev to Ergotelis, Aris has Abreu, PAOK has Muslimovic....etc etc. The point is players of these higher calibres certainly did not go to Greece - not to teams of that size anyways. I still dont understand how Recoba and Estoyanoff and now Balaban are in Panionios.

No, these arent mega signings, but no doubt we are seeing more bigger talent come into Greece. Not to mention the team spurned pretty much entirely on its own, a Euro winning team, and 2 diff Greek clubs have made the last 16 of the CL. We've had good results in the past, remember when Blackburn was eliminated by AEL, Sochaux by Panionios and Zaragoza by Aris in the same season?

We're not that horrible. Even Julio Cruz said it best, that Greeks underwrite the league too much.

Our teams do underperform, and often in the case of teams like AEL, OFI who make the lowest European spots dont spend more than a damn week preparing for their European matches in the summer, and dont even put in their top lineup. They are LAZY.

I couldn't have put it better myself. This flop (and others) have been due to laziness and a lack of professionalism and that's why the board should punish those at the helm.

Archived