Phantis Forums

Panathinaikos in Group E

Irlandos

I think that PAO can take the second place. I am more concerned about Stuttgart, than Rangers.

My sentiments exactly!

Let's face it: 1st place has Man Utd.'s name all over it. This will be a 3-team struggle for 2nd place. I hope PAO are still up to the task!

Guest Thryleon

I think this draw is a lot tougher than it seems. Stuttgart are an unknown hurdle to overcome, and knowing the quality of German coaches may be able to have the right mentality to pull off the unexpected (perfect example is Otto Rehagal). Rangers shouldnt be too difficult, but still underestimate them and they'll destroy you. MAnure already have top spot, i cant believe they manage to avoid drawing any real competition in the first round, bastards. Pao are the only team that can sabotage themselves in this group. LEts hope the Greeks can pull it off.

Against ManU, we won't stand much of a chance of winning. They'll attack consistently and we'll have to play more conservative and you know that they score a lot. Ruud will absolutely destroy Henriksen. Our chance is on the break like TRIFILIAKOS said and I think that Seitaridis may play a key role in this one with his runs up the wing (remember that golara!) as well if whoever plays right wing is willing to get back and help with Giggs. The key to our defending will be the central defenders though. ManU couldn't break Southampton's defense down the middle last week and that cost them the game eventually. I think we can do the same if Henriksen wakes up.

Rangers. At Ibrox they'll be harder to beat because of the atmosphere. They've lost their leader in Barry Fergusan and replaced him with Emerson(probably not as good). Ronald de Boer may not play against us either so we've got a real shot at beating them. We just need to keep our heads on straight and not get too excited because they'll be hungry to prove themselves for once in Europe.

Stuttgart. They're a bit of a dark horse. Don't know what to really expect from them but they're definetely a good team. They can score goals (Amanatidis) and have good defensemen like Hleb who have drawn up interest from the likes of AC Milan. Jurica Vranjes from Leverkusen will also help their defense. I think that they are at the same level overall as us and we can handle them if we kick it up a notch like we always do in Europe. I have a feeling that because nobody outside of Greece or Romania really knows much about Sanmartean, that this could be his time to shine... :tup: ...Konstantinou is hungry again and Papadopoulos is passionate. No matter what happens, even if we don't get out of the first round(I realistic possibility) that it will be a fight and very enjoyable to watch...

LET'S ROCK! :band:

Archived