Phantis Forums

AEK- PANATHINAIKOS

athinaios

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AEK doesn't have anything left in the tank. They can't find their way into our box, so I don't think this one will get away. Champions League it is.

It won't be easy to make the CL groups with the new format, but at least we were able to attain one of the season goals and that's something we can be happy about. I am happy to see our players looking so fresh at the end of the season. I place huge emphasis on conditioning if we want to be contenders for the title and in Europe.

Athinaie, here is the 09-10 format:

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/ucl/forma...sid=788373.html

Apparently, in the 3d q. round we will be playing teams from Spain Italy and the like. We won't be playing Polish or Hungarian teams. The losers from that round go to EUROPA league groups.

AEK - PAO 0-2 FT

Bravo PAO.

I know we will see the obligatory complains about "2nd place is not success" and the such, but I think given the way this year started, we did well to capture this CL spot.

Thanks to all friends here at Phantis for making this a more interesting and interactive season with our online kerkida. I enjoyed all the comments and especially the company.

See you in the transfer forums from now on.

After today's games in Europe we will be seeded with the strong teams both in the 2nd and the 3rd qualifying rounds.

We will avoid playing Arsenal, Milan, Lyon, Sahtar, Sporting Lisboa

and we will face one these: Fiorentina, Atletico Madrid, Seltic, Anterleht, Stoutgard.

Not a piece of cake, but definetly doable with a lot of effort. Truth is the new Europa league doesn't look too bad but I'd like us to get to it after the CL groups.

Yep, it's been good to share this season with every single one of you guys. Now it's time to laugh at the ridiculous tranfer rumours. No reason to complain about this or that we didn't like about our teams any more. Summer is here and summer means transfers.

Very good performance; we totally outplayed them and I think we deserved the win. AEK aren't CL quality (sorry AEK)! Salpi didn't impress today; lack of ball control. Ruka was pretty good, Kara was excellent. Anyone know why Mantzios didn't play today? Simao was great.

oh haha, rukavina scored. I really think Athinaios's inserted predictions had more to do with that fluke goal than did Rukavina. (I call it a fluke because it was a bit of a strange loss of posession, but Kara did well to seize, dribble, and pass to a standstill Ruka for the game sealer. You'd expect me to discredit the goal, but in all honestly, it was quite an easy one. From that close with time, space, and he was even stillstanding. I cant help it if objectivity falls in place with what I want to beleive about the guy! :P

and Good, Im glad hes respoding to my criticsm, by finally finishing chances that even his critics like drakos could finish. I do give him some credit he scored. Hes blown easy chances like that and didnt this time. And he did it in an important scenario, which would be a career first for him. If hes to seriously stay at PAO I expect him to be a new player next season though. If what we saw this season is considered talent or promise, were in for more disapointing football in the years to come.

Lets wait to see what superstar status he gets from another sitter from the Aussie E-llinares kids club on GSoccer, while players like Mantzios create, finish, distribute and impress only to sit the bench and put in the outbox, despite performances of an entire class higher than Rukavina.

I only got to see the 2 goals, and both are all to Karagounis credit.

My top player of the season awards:

1. Karagkounis

2. Simao

3. Galinovic

4. Salpiggidis

5. Mantzios

As for winning, its about time to beat AEK this year, and glad we sealed the playoffs, undefeated. We were definitly the most worthy team to represent Greece next year in the CL.

As for the PK, its odd weve actually been getting them in the playoffs, but that was a clear PK today, ref made the correct call, even Saja knew he blew it and didnt bother complaining.

Drako: here is a detail you missed: Roukavina took the ball and wanted to take the penalty, but wisely Ten Cate called for Karagounis to execute it.

Being the team mostly responsible for Greece sending 2 teams to the CL every year for a decade, and being in excellent form in the playoffs, I agree that Panathinaikos is the most worthy team to play in the CL.

Thanks for posting the dates Adoni! I will be in Greece and hopefully near Athens when we play at home.

I will definitely catch a game this summer. I will make sure to buy another baseball hat with a blinking green LED shamrock so I can wear it in upstate NY on St. Patric's day :LOL:

im praying for a home leg of 4/5 August - thats when ill be in Athens!!!!

wait how did the CL Qualifying stage 2nd round get so hard?

Im sure that cant be right. Panathinaikos is seeded. There are also all the 1st rounders that come up from the second, like Dinamo Tbilisi, Goteborg etc......Those cant be our only possible matchups. That defintley needs some explanations - is anybody noticing theres something very very different here?

Howcome PAO cant play against APOEL (for example, not that I'd want APOEL or PAO to go home), or other teams that come up to through the first round? What ever happened to seeded and random draws - it makes no sense we only have a pool of 5 teams to be matched up against, as a SEEDED team.

And if were not seeded for some reason, its time for Superleague to secede from UEFA. We won our frikking group this year, and were seeded last year.

I think PAO can beat those teams, yes. But I hate the idea of playing Twente or Dinamo Moscow or Sivaspor in the Second round, as were not only playing for CL were playing for European Survival (if we lose we dont even go to Europa Cup)

We should still totally be eligible to draw any team thats not in the top seeds.

So if anybody has information regarding whatever stupid rules UEFA has decided to redesign (again, yes, Im sensing they made some ridiculous changes, and yes you can tell I really really hate UEFA, I hate No to Racism, I hate Fair Play, and I hate Sepp Small Blatter :LOL:)

Drako: here is a detail you missed: Roukavina took the ball and wanted to take the penalty, but wisely Ten Cate called for Karagounis to execute it.

He tried to take the PK? Are you serious? Thats something not even a 6th grader does What a douche.

He knows quite well hes:

a) not the penalty taker

b ) Karagkounis is the captain, and the Penalty taker

c) Karagkounis EARNED the PK

d) It was 0-0 in a crucial game - were going to let HIM take his first penalty when we really cant afford to risk it ? :LOL:

Cyber: I think your better off going with those 5 euro kaskol those are awesome...save the rest of your money for the vromika after the game... :LOL:

Archived