Phantis Forums

PAOK - AEK

Genome

Very pleased with our performance, had some very good chances at some points in the match and could of doubled the scoreline, and very good defending by our players holding the score to the very last minute despite having 2 players sent off. Here's the highlights from the match.

Congrats to AEK for the win. A hard fought entertaining game, but as we have seen all year we can not come through with wins against the big three. Unlucky or not you need to win these games, especially at home; therefore, I would say that we do not deserve to be in CL regardsless, so UEFA it is. Until we get strikers that can put the ball away, I'm afraid these kind of results will continue.

Congrats to AEK for the win. A hard fought entertaining game, but as we have seen all year we can not come through with wins against the big three. Unlucky or not you need to win these games, especially at home; therefore, I would say that we do not deserve to be in CL regardsless, so UEFA it is. Until we get strikers that can put the ball away, I'm afraid these kind of results will continue.

That's very big of you paoktsis. But I think your team, under Zagorakis, will only do better next year! Look at what he's done so far!

No problem, I call it the way I see it. Don't get me wrong, it's no shame to go to UEFA after the years we had to go through in the past couple of years, but it would be good for us to start getting results against big teams once in a while. I am confident that Zagorakis will tweak the team and we will be better next year. I guess given the past couple years we need to be more patient. Also I'm not saying that the team should concede the next three games (I definitetely want them to compete hard and let the chips fall where they may), but I would rather go to the UEFA at this point and hopefully advance a couple of rounds having seen this group's performance these past three games, than go and get slaughtered in the CL league, because we simply do not have the talent.

I definitely think PAO or AEK should get that 2nd CL spot, because you simply have the more appropriate talent to compete with the teams in that tournament.

Good Luck to all the teams in SL Playoffs.

Also I'm not saying that the team should concede the next three games (I definitetely want them to compete hard and let the chips fall where they may), but I would rather go to the UEFA at this point and hopefully advance a couple of rounds having seen this group's performance these past three games, than go and get slaughtered in the CL league, because we simply do not have the talent.

For now, that is definitely true. It's not only better for PAOK to go to the UEFA cup, but also for Greece (because of points/coefficients we can win that way). I also agree on PAO or AEK for the CL.

But I wish your team the best, and a big congrats to the fans, what an atmosphere that was yesterday! And hopefully a CL spot for a competitive PAOK soon! :tup:

Archived