Phantis Forums

ANT1 Satellite now available in Florida

ANT1 Satellite has expanded its cable coverage in the US yet again, this time launching on Brighthouse Networks cable in Tampa Bay, Florida. Its available on ch. 966 for $14.99 a month.

Looks like ANT1 is hitting all the markets in the US with signifcant Greek populations. I wonder what this means for Dish Network- how many will cancel and go with cable instead?! Good for those in the US they now have an option between cable or satellite. If ERT ever decides to look into cable distribution then I think you may see people swtich to cable. Of course that will only happen if ERT clears up the debacle about who exactly has the international distribution rights for ERT World.

So what areas has ANT1 not covered yet (cable wise)? Detroit (Comcast) and Long Island (Cablevision) are two that come to mind based on other discussions on this forum.

http://www.satleo.gr/content/view/1614/1/

You know, I have never been a big fan of Directv after their first endeavor into Greek Satellite programming went horribly wrong. But since ANT1 is obviously showing a half-assed commitment to Dish Network and their so called exclusive 10-year deal, it is high time ERT became available to Directv. That way most Greeks could have cable and then add Directv and have all that is available (with the same cabling they already have and a couple of diplexers), instead of the ridiculousness of two different satellite systems, separate lines of cable for the second satellite etc.

Archived