Phantis Forums

Summer departures

Dava-G

Manduca (has shown nothing in 2 years)

Alvez (ok back up but really not worth it)

Kafes (we have enough DMs, we need a creating midfielder)

Tjibour (bad attitude and overpaid)

Edinhio (bad attitude and wants to leave anyways)

Pelitieri (I like this player but too much $$ to keep him around)

Koutroumanos (If wing back is his only position, he needs to go somewhere else)

Alexopolous (time to move on)

Jaunfran (still under contract but he is over the hill)

Blanco (if we can get $4M for him like we could have last summer then lets do it)

Scocco (I love this guy, but I think he will be too slow if Dusan sticks around to create his own team)

Lagos (needs to leave for his game to improve)

I think we really need a major overhaul, and I dont think our President or the board are going to allow many changes. Inevitably, it will AGAIN be the downfall of our team. Money wise, I hope the Tiger gets into the ring.

Good post Dava-G and I would agree with everything except for Scocco, Blanco and Pelletieri (and maybe Kafes).

This is why: Scocco is a good player and I don't see any possible replacement that's affordable and better or even equal to him atm. Blanco is top scorer for the second time in the Greek league and has proven a great striker, and why would we get the four million? To do the same after what we did for Papasthatopoulos? Get 4 mil and then somehow manage to be in debt again two months later? No! Change needs to come from within first, otherwise the same problems will keep rising. Pelletieri should get more time on the pitch imho, and then we can still get rid of him during the winter or next summer.

@aekmaffia: if PAO want Estoyanoff like we do, believe you me, THEY will get him.

I have no dought about it and i beleive if things dont change in the front office we shall always be lagging in 4th place for manny years to come we should take the exemple of paok and do as they do.

And i a beleive in scocco and i adore peleteri and blanco aswell should remain but what does aek have to attract them to come back nothing imho.

W e will always be in the shadows of pao and oly and be known as the biggest little club in greece with no money to spend

This is why: Scocco is a good player and I don't see any possible replacement that's affordable and better or even equal to him atm. Blanco is top scorer for the second time in the Greek league and has proven a great striker, and why would we get the four million? To do the same after what we did for Papasthatopoulos? Get 4 mil and then somehow manage to be in debt again two months later? No! Change needs to come from within first, otherwise the same problems will keep rising. Pelletieri chould get more time on the pitch imho, and then we can still get rid of him during the winter or next summer.

@aekmaffia: if PAO want Estoyanoff like we do, believe you me, THEY will get him.

Scocco can be replaced with a faster replacement... Leonardo...

Peletiri is on loan so we need to fork out 2M if we want to keep him - even to buy him and try and get rid of him for a PROFIT in december or summer (not going to happen).

The egyptian team wanted blanco for 4M. 2 yrs in a row leading scorer could probably get a little more. We need to pay some debts and 2-3 more players.

Also, the reason we are in debt is Mastorjivic (1M a year and not worth it IMO). Basinas (Hey guess what happened to that BIG signing???), Kyriakos (worth every cent) and Tjibbur (3M... good player, but NOT worth 3M)....

Peletiri is on loan so we need to fork out 2M if we want to keep him - even to buy him and try and get rid of him for a PROFIT in december or summer (not going to happen).

The egyptian team wanted blanco for 4M. 2 yrs in a row leading scorer could probably get a little more. We need to pay some debts and 2-3 more players.

Also, the reason we are in debt is Mastorjivic (1M a year and not worth it IMO). Basinas (Hey guess what happened to that BIG signing???), Kyriakos (worth every cent) and Tjibbur (3M... good player, but NOT worth 3M)....

So what does that tell you? We got rid of Papasthatopoulos for 4 mil, got Majstorovic to play his position, and are still in debt ... Kyrgiakos was a good move I agree.

They should've kept their 3 mil we gave to Djebbour and looked for a better player in another position. Good but not worth the 3 mil as you said Dava.

Pelletieri on loan, you have a good point there, I somehow forgot about him still being on loan so yeah, he can go too then. :P

And about getting Leonardo (the Shakhtar one?)... with what money? How do we attract these players? As aekmaffia said what do we have right now that would have AEK players even stay at the moment?

We need change, fast. Someone with money to bring the money in, and someone competent to KEEP the money in.

Funny how I'm just listening to Arrena radio and hearing exactly the same from an angry fan who's saying that AEK needs nikokireous to save the team, how our players are even running around with cheques right now unpaid themselves ...

Forget it, play offs why? To get money to waste it again or see it disappear in someone's pockets ... :angry:

Un fortunately i agree if some kind of offer for blanco come from abroad take it there are to manny loose ends in the organisation that need attending too, i dont even know how cheques are beeing signed and delivered with such poor attendance not from merchansising loans are beeing given out .

Dollar bolls speak louder then words its all a business loyalties and commitments to clubs are a thing of the past.

So what does that tell you? We got rid of Papasthatopoulos for 4 mil, got Majstorovic to play his position, and are still in debt ... Kyrgiakos was a good move I agree.

They should've kept their 3 mil we gave to Djebbour and looked for a better player in another position. Good but not worth the 3 mil as you said Dava.

Pelletieri on loan, you have a good point there, I somehow forgot about him still being on loan so yeah, he can go too then. :P

And about getting Leonardo (the Shakhtar one?)... with what money? How do we attract these players? As aekmaffia said what do we have right now that would have AEK players even stay at the moment?

We need change, fast. Someone with money to bring the money in, and someone competent to KEEP the money in.

It tells me that as much as Demi loved AEK he was not a very good judge of talent and was not willing to be patient anymore. He himself even was surprised we were not doing so well this year after "so many big $$$ signings" (his words). That line itself proves his naivity. Dusan has an excellent eye for talent as did Ivic when he was our technical director.

The Leonardo that I am talking about is the one from Asteras Tripoli...

Yes you are absolutely right about that. But I'm afraid until we get the competent people in the right places we'll keep having this problem. I know it sounds funny but a Demi-Dusan combination would've been great really.

Yes you are absolutely right about that. But I'm afraid until we get the competent people in the right places we'll keep having this problem. I know it sounds funny but a Demi-Dusan combination would've been great really.

Great on paper, but unfortunately bad in reality. Demi hates Dusan. Also, they are both Ego maniacs and control freaks. Thats why it didnt work out with Ivic and Demi.

I know...

too bad really.

So what do you think's gonna happen to us this summer? Any good transfers or just the same ol' same ol' ? Maybe with Dusan in we'll see some talented people make it to AEK ... that is of course if there's any money left.

My take on this is that the following players should be sold:

Manduca

Kafes

Edinhio (only because he wants to leave)

Koutroumanos

Alexopolous

Jaunfran

Scocco

Lagos

The following should be brought in as replacements:

Christofi (attacking midfielder/winger from Omonoia)

Tettey (Rosenborg)

Nene (striker from Nacional)

Maniatis

Lembo

Deschacht (left back of Anderlecht)

Estoyanoff

Archived