Phantis Forums

PAO- Serres

athinaios

Well, I can't see Serres advancing since they have to win at OAKA, so I expect PAO to go through to the next round and meet AEK.

If Ten Kate uses reserves then the team might struggle; we've seen this before when players who haven't had many minutes can't get the job done, not easily anyway.

So, this Wed. we should win and play AEK later, and then gavroi in the final! :tup:

Da lineup:

Galinovic, Vintra, Goumas, Wawrzyniak, Spyropoulos, Gabriel, Simao, Gilberto, Cleyton, Petropoulos, Christodoulopoulos.

I guess we are serious about the cap. Petropoulos - Christodoulopoulos up front with Cleyton-Gabriel as AMs looks like an intriguing combination.

Let's hope we go through with a good showing. I can't see the game but I suspect we are in a 4-2-3-1 formation. I am at work and I'll check in as time allows.

im watching it right now..we had one great chance to open the scoring from a cross from spyropoulos to petro who couldnt bury it from the 6..they had a good break that could have resulted in a goal had the cross been better...our def. looks clumsy...

wonderin what happened to Baykara.....good player.

well, once he was when at Xanthi..

now at 25, he looks to have missed his chance to make the jump into one of the top three teams of either Greece or Turkey. he's even gone backwards as he's at Serraikos now..

i remember Umut, now of Trabzonspor, saying Deniz was the most gifted player of his generation in Turkey (the 83-84 borns).

i also wonder what might have hit him! <_<

GS he must have had some injury. He was in red hot form for Xanthi then dissapeared to the bench, then went 2nd division to Panserraikos and is back up now.

As for this waste of a game......PAO have been very bad - but not THAT bad. PAO not making the equalizer before half was the big turn point.

Baykara made a good move past loose defending and scored, then PAO hit 2 posts and other major chances to equalize first half missed.

After that, StupidVyndra made a penalty 2nd half, and then 2-0.

3-0 happened with PAO pressed far up, offside beaten, and 2 players on the keeper Serres couldnt miss

3-1 happened when Lazaros scored a consollation goal from a free kick.

Looks like AEK will be losing a lot of money...

We won't be playing PAO in the next round!

Two ways to look at this ...

our fans don't turn out in huge numbers anyways lately but they are more probable to come in numbers for game further up the tournament ladder ... I hope.

I'd like to think facing Serres will be easier than facing PAO. But AEK has to take the game seriously, from kick off on!

I'd like to think facing Serres will be easier than facing PAO. But AEK has to take the game seriously, from kick off on!

Btw, about this, we will play Serres during the upcoming matchday in the SL, too ... :)

no offense to AEK fans, I think this pretty much seals your ticket to the final, I honestly despite PAO's inconsitency/ sloth with small teams, dont think AEK would get past PAO in the semi final.

Panserraikos are not very amazing. they played hard give some credit, but AEK should have no major problems.

And if PAOK pulls through tonight, good news for AEK too.

no offense to AEK fans, I think this pretty much seals your ticket to the final, I honestly despite PAO's inconsitency/ sloth with small teams, dont think AEK would get past PAO in the semi final.

All true, but I think we could've very well made it past you. I'm just taking our two games together this SL as reference, one win at home (say what you will about the penalty :P), and a draw away...

Anyway having said that I also feel better having to face Serres instead of PAO ... obviously! But AEK has to take this serious otherwise we're in for a scoreline like the one PAO has to face tonight ...

2-3

Archived