Phantis Forums

Oly v. PANATHINAIKOS

athinaios

I was working so only saw the 2nd half of the game. PAO were the better side, particularly after going down to 10 men, it was a great display of spirit. I'm also swiftly becoming a huge fan of Simao, his defensive game is amazing. He's potentially world class. Overall I was very impressed with PAO but I have to question HTC's ideas. There was a spell in the 2nd half where PAO was playing really well and causing Olympiakos problems on swift breaks, and then HTC started making changes, i.e. taking Salpi off. Why? When your team's tail is up you don't change things, let them continue instead of disrupting the play! Anyway, with the signing of Wawrzyniak PAO has become alot more solid at the back, all is needed now is a couple of wingers and a centre-forward, a right wing back too and we could see a VERY good team developing.

As for the refs, I know this is a charged subject but you guys need to relax on the conspiracy stuff. The Salpi instance was very difficult to call, by the time the linesman would have turned his head Salpi SEEMED to be offside. It was the incorrect decision, but a tough one nonetheless and one you'd see being made in any country. The decision not to call Cleyton offside was ridiculous though, a very poor decision. However, as for the challenge that followed I wouldn't have given a penalty either. Yes there was contact but watch the incident again and you'll see Cleyton dive before he's even touched. This is similar to the penalty Dudu won (I think against Thrasyvoulos, or was it Levadiakos? :unsure: ), where there was contact but he wasn't really impeded. Cleyton could have shoot instead of trying to do a ballet-slide and falling over... Now I know some of you will say "yes but that's the whole point, when Dudu goes down easily he gets the decision, but when Cleyton does the same he doesn't". This is true, but that incident shouldn't reflect on this particular ref's performance, he was pretty strong imo. The linesman were poor but the ref wasn't. I also liked the way he was booking players, that prevented the constant little fouls that strangle the game (which is what we're used to in big Greek games), so by not taking any bs the ref allowed the game to flow. Also, Spyro's tackle on Galletti could quite easily have been given as a penalty when considered at first glance. The slow motion replay showed that he did get the faintest of touches on the ball so it wasn't a penalty. But a weaker ref may have given that. The point is, we've got such terrible refs in Greece it's refreshing to see one that was strong.

Yes there was contact but watch the incident again and you'll see Cleyton dive before he's even touched. This is similar to the penalty Dudu won (I think against Thrasyvoulos, or was it Levadiakos?  ), where there was contact but he wasn't really impeded.

Isnt it funny that you actually admit something without even knowing it..... massive contradiction!!!

You mention 2 incidence which are similar.... yet your player and team get the penalty and PAO as per usual this season and many many other seasons dont :ph34r:

Olympiakos is in my opinion MILES behind in terms of foundation, in comparison to PAO. MILLLLLLES!!!!

Please explain to me how olympiakos is a more skillfull side than PAO.... im very interested to read ur dribble. :LOL:

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clayton and Dudu instance where not at all similar.

What planet are you people living on - Clayton had possesion and was driving towards goal.

Dudu on a cross not even coming for him took something as simple as a soft hand on the back into flying towards the ground like the dishonest peice of human waste that he is.

My impresison of the Clayton play, was neither - I thought he tripped overhimself while prearing to shoot. I wouldnt be suprised if this was the case either.

Like i said DUDE.. i agree with you on many points and never did i imply a conspiracy... I just think its odd that oly have consistently gotten help on calls that were dubious to say t he least while pao has been gettin f'ed throughout. thats all.

As for your boxing analogy.... i like it.. but you forgot to mention one thing..

When Mr Olympiakos is in a fight, should he have trouble finishing off his opponent, the ref will usually help him by counting to ten in this fashion 1,2, 10

whereas pao keep on gettin low blows after low blows and the ref always just seems to ''miss them''

Please explain to me how olympiakos is a more skillfull side than PAO.... im very interested to read ur dribble. :LOL:

Well, how about... because regardless of how bad Olympiakos play they would never lose to Panserraikos' 2nd team at home <_<

thats true.. cuz when they needed it they were given A BOGUS Penalty against last place thrasivoulos

There are endless examples in world football of a small team playing defence for 90 mins and causing a bigger team problems. There are very few examples when a pub team goes 0-3 up away from home against a team that is supposedly (according to you guys) the best in the country.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, until the fans of each club identify their own weaknesses and demand more, we'll see the same old bs again and again in Greek football. Oly will raped in Europe and PAO will be embarassed in Greece... But I'm just anti-PAO and talking "dribble" aren't I Niko, Drakos and Trifilara? Ok, enjoy the current state of affairs.

state of affairs.. possible final 8 of the cl..?

+26 million in the bank

thx

enjoy the paper championships and needing to play against 9 poakia for 50 minutes just to score

and because i am a prick,enjoy the 3 by Serres at home.Bon apetite..... :P :P

PS.The Paokia need to stop playing semi dirty with elbows and kill tackles and maybe they can finish a game in Karaiskaki with 11 players.

we can sit here and argue all u want crazy.. but the facts are this.

your next big game is for the greek cup against asteras.. i hope u have fun and win..

We will be sure to maybe read a headline of that game.. after all we will be busy with the champions league..

we can sit here and argue all u want crazy.. but the facts are this.

your next big game is for the greek cup against asteras.. i hope u have fun and win..

We will be sure to maybe read a headline of that game.. after all we will be busy with the champions league..

Why are you guys even arguing about a match that finished 2 matches ago?!?!

Anyway I hope Olympiakos loses to Astera!

There are endless examples in world football of a small team playing defence for 90 mins and causing a bigger team problems. There are very few examples when a pub team goes 0-3 up away from home against a team that is supposedly (according to you guys) the best in the country.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, until the fans of each club identify their own weaknesses and demand more, we'll see the same old bs again and again in Greek football.  Oly will raped in Europe and PAO will be embarassed in Greece... But I'm just anti-PAO and talking "dribble" aren't I Niko, Drakos and Trifilara? Ok, enjoy the current state of affairs.

Sure, there are numerous examples where a team plays a defensive style of football to upset the bigger teams. But you made a big mistake my friend.. PAO isnt a small team in EUROPE.... Olympiakos is.

For a team which is SOOOOOOOO dominant in greece, to be a some-what Hooker in europe says alot for what is happening in greek football.

Ok PAO got their pants pulled down in the cup.... but id rather lose to Panseraikos 10-0 instead of the way your team beat PAOK.

I would feel as a supporter almost empty at the way your teams gets favourable calls almost EVERY single game in the superleague.

As for the state of affairs..... im actually very very happy with my team. Are you?

Or is getting rapped by a french side... home and away... which is 3rd last in their league the state of affairs your talking about? :LOL:

File, my teams state of affairs are beautiful.... we have 90min to come in the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE for quality for the last 8....

What do you have? your Kokkali-league? Me geia sou!!

I Have a friend who works at IKEA.... if you need a kanepe for this tuesday pm me... i can get you a discount. B)

I've said it before and I'll say it again, until the fans of each club identify their own weaknesses and demand more, we'll see the same old bs again and again in Greek football.

Sure, there are numerous examples where a team plays a defensive style of football to upset the bigger teams. But you made a big mistake my friend.. PAO isnt a small team in EUROPE.... Olympiakos is.

They're both small teams and if you think otherwise you're deluded. This is the first year PAO has qualified out of the group stages since 2003 <_< Yes PAO has been to a final which is great but think about how many teams that are now considered "small-ish" have done even better historically: Nottingham Forest, Red Star Belgrade, St Etienne, Leeds, etc.

As for the state of affairs..... im actually very very happy with my team.

Exactly my friend, exactly!

Or is getting rapped by a french side... home and away... which is 3rd last in their league the state of affairs your talking about?

last year pao got eliminated by Rangers... on away goals... and then rangers went to the final...

Then that same Rangers team with the same players got KO'd of CL qualifying by Kaunas <_< Before that it was Lens who are doing quite well in Ligue 2. As I said, PAO have done better than Oly in Europe over the years, but in the last few years PAO hasn't acheived much either... Anyway, I can see that this convo isn't going anywhere so this will be my last comment.

Bravo to both clubs, you're both omadares!

In the superleague.... olympiakos is a powerhouse.... but in which other league in the world does a team CONSISTANTLY play with 12 players every game?  :ph34r:

* : Teacher, Teacher!!!

T : Yes, *.

* : Inter in Italy and Fenerbahce in Turkey!

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

* : The enthusiastic schoolboy in the primary school who raises a finger to everything the teacher says...

Archived