Phantis Forums

Oly v. PANATHINAIKOS

athinaios

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just don't see any good efforts up front... Gilberto from way back trying to connect with someone at Oly's box... com'on, we've got to be better than the looooong balls like that..

Crapy first half though :tdown:

We can't move the ball in midfield because Karagounis and especially Ivan have done nothing. Gilberto is forced to move deep because we can't move the ball out of defense. maybe Cleyton or Gabriel can put some skill in midfield. Pretty boring game again.

Maybe Petropoulos in for Ivan and pull Rouka behind after 45. Seeing the whole season so far I have to say that as beloved as other players are, Gabriel has been the most useful in getting some order in the midfield so maybe a straight swap Gabriel for Ivan.

Simao has done a good job again (have you heard Beluchi's name so far?) and Galleti was neutralized by Wawrzyniak that has the speed to recover and tackle even when he is behind the play. Nilsson is managing his area very well but both our fullbacks are mindful of the wingers and don't venture forward too much. Vintra owns Diogo so far with his quickness, but Sariegi seems rattled at times. Gilberto is also doing well but he never has anyone to give the ball to. Salpi and Roukavina are giving fits to defense like Titus said. If they got a little better service this could become simple.

We do need to run a bit more though. There is too much standing around and they are afraid to pass the ball quickly on offense for some reason.

I managed to watch the first half but the broadcast went nuts for the second half. All I see from PAO so far is they are trying to get rid of this game with a draw and -rightly so- have the Amarillas game on their minds. :whistle:

I agree with the huge gap between defence and forwards. The two creative players have been overpowered in the midfield when they got the ball. And I think Simao and Gilberto have been heroes of the game for PAO so far. If they can manage to carry the game a little 10-15 yards further up for the services of Kara and Andy, it would do further good! B)

This OSFP team is really really terrible at big games. They are playing at home and had nothing to talk about except for the ballooning freekicks from wide for an entire half. "Djordjebitching" again as he always does in these sort of games and that chump Diogo, for God' Sake, how much did they spend on him? 8 million Euros?? He looks like a poor man's Giovanni out there! :LOL:

A good second half outing with some counterattacking spice can easily win this game for PAO imo!

Archived