Phantis Forums

Saint Etienne-Olympiakos

Crazy

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re, plaka kanete?

Efyga gia liga lepta kai fagate deytero goal?

I blame the level of Greek football. The speed of the game has passed us by. Not only are the players faster abroad, they can move the ball like no team in Greece. How can Olympiakos or Panathinaikos be prepared to play at such level when they only see it when it's too late?

Re, plaka kanete?

Efyga gia liga lepta kai fagate deytero goal?

I blame the level of Greek football. The speed of the game has passed us by. Not only are the players faster abroad, they can move the ball like no team in Greece. How can Olympiakos or Panathinaikos be prepared to play at such level when they only see it when it's too late?

It's not only the speed of the game that killing us is the whole ORGANIZATION

EPO is just crap.... We know it, the presidents of the teams know it, and the EPO themselves know it..

2-1 final score.I did not like many things about those games but what gets me more even from losing twice is the fact that we did not added any more points to our country's Europe total.

A good change at the end to equalize on Mendrinos' deflected shot but went just wide.

Not much from Olympiakos, but it's hard to keep fighting when you know the odds are stacked against you. The first game decided everything. 5-2 aggregate is not something to write home about. But maybe this Greek league can re-organized to be more competitive. The game in European leagues is really too classes above ours in just about every respect.

Next year.

anyone who thinks that osfp had more important things on their minds is an idiot..

with the teams eliminated, how big is this failure to osfp the club, their fans & most of all Greek soccer which osfp has single handedly manipulated & ruined. The proof is in their incompitance in another huge let down..

Dont even bother with last year as an excuse, please. Use this year as a reason.

Whats worse, I was counting on how many more points Greece would get before St. Etienne, in order to rise in the standings. I never expected a big fat 0.

One thing is certain...I picked up another nice bet on St Etienne winning and almost had the double with 2-0 scoreline.

5-2 on aggregate is pretty comprehensive. Also note there are no Spanish teams left either.

Watch out though for the Russians and Ukrainians who have CSKA, Zenit, Dynamo, Shakhtar and Metallisy. They are looking strong to have at least one finalist but have been drawn against each other.

What's interesting is how wrong was management in their assessment of the situation in the UEFA cup. They decided not to sign any players invoking the fact that Milan was going to be the next opponent after Saint Etienne. It could have been Olympiakos-Bremen in the round of 16. But it wasn't really the difference of one player over another, it was just a little indication of how Greek football managers can't wrap their finger around Europe.

Archived