Phantis Forums

Thracians v. Panathes

athinaios

http://sports.phantis.com/soccer/games/TV_..._schedules.html [Thanks, Crazy]

Hey, we're visiting them again after our 1-3 victory a few days ago.

I think it's going to be an open game.

Personally, I think the Greek cup is pathetic and I don't really care for it, especially if it's going to be an obstacle to our euro games.

Yet, Ten Kate said "we want the cup" so there we go again. It's funny AEK, PAOK too want it badly... I wish a lesser team gets it.

Anyway, the coach will change the squad (which hasn't worked well in the past) and hope for the best.

Those who stayed in Athens (out): Kara, Gilberto, Spyro, Matos, Goumas, Petro.

0-1: Ruka should start for the next several games.

Clayton threaded the needle again on this one.

Good start. I don't think the Thracians will be much of a threat unless we fall back and start making mistakes.

Let's wrap this early.

Titus, I agree with the tarp. they use it here in the US for all baseball games. Not for the "football" games because basically that sport isn't football as the ball is played with hands and running..

You 're right, but it's not just that, man. It's the rugby tradition which we know very well here in the UK: it's a man's game and men can play in the mud if necessary... It does slow the game down, of course, despite the fact that the ball is practically never on the ground. With football, a little bit of mud is OK, but a lot of it is a disaster, for the reasons you just mentioned. Nice goal, btw. I wonder whether this Ruka is a huge player after all: he's not just fancy, he scores a lot as well!

A lot has to do with impressions. In the transfers thread I read lots about this and that player, etc. I wonder, if any of those big players came to us and produced as much as Ruka, what would the fans say? ;)

I think our problem is consistency, find ways to break down tight defenses and shore up our own defense. The rest will come.

Of course, if the league is a crappy shack (

I understand that Galetti Is a great player, i am all for that... But how often did you hear about him before he came to oly....in fact, do it honestly but who is the back up RM at Athletico Madrid right now.. Cuz lets face it... thats what he was.. he played 59 games in three full season with athletico, 19 as a sub.. scoring 5 goals in total.

He was signed for a reported 2.3 million which is what we paid for Rukavina... which is what we paid for Ivan.. galetti is 28 going on 29 in 3 months whereas ruka for example is 22... a player is worth more at 27 then he is at 22 and playing for hadjuk split. Whos to say how good Ruka will become in the coming years. he has tons of talent and tons of potential. im not sayin ruka is better than galetti but the stats dotn lie do they?

i mean do they really?

Galletti has 8 goals... thats great. 2 on penalties and having started in 15 of the 17 matches and playing over 1100 minutes...he takes 90% of the fouls, all the penalties (except in Cyprus) ..... how many games did ruka start... 1? how many games did he come on as a sub in? 7? how many goals does he have? 4 and 1 in the cup. Not to mention that he should have but didnt win 4 penalties this year. Aek last week, Panthrakikos in matchday 2, panserraikos 3 games ago and in larisa....

if he gets those calls in larisa and aek.. we are +4 and he is the hero.. more or less... and we are talking about a kid of 22 who hasnt played a full match yet....

Im only obsessed with this whole Rukavina thing because finally SOMEONE has recognized this kids talent.... I was watching NOVAsport 1 and in an ekpombi, a NEUTRAL one, they put up ALL the penalties that pao werent given so far this year, that vassilakis, (the Varouhas version of H ORA TOY PROTATHLITON) has claimed have been penalties...

Now get this...

1 vs AEK (Rukavina)

2 vs Larisa (Rukavina, Gilberto)

1 vs Oly ( Mantzios)

1 vs PAOK Mantzios)

3 vs Panthrakios (matchday 2) (Rukavina,Souza,Handball)

2 vs Panthrakikos (yesterday) apparently there was a foul in the box in the late stages of the game, last 20 minutes, where bryce moon was taken down after a cross. (Bryce Moon, Handball)

2 vs Panserraikos ( Rukavina, Handball) we were given one against Kara And oly fans bitched.....

1 vs Ofi matchday 15 ( Gilberto)

This is a neutral National channel playing these videos. 13 penalties.

thats 8 points bsically taken away from pao. where as oly gets the calls.

I had a discussion with Crazy, the oly mod and good friend of mine, after the thrasivoulos penalty 2 weeks ago.. i wasnt sure if it was a penalty and he said it was.. so i said GIVE IT.. but give the same calls for pao as well..

I claimed that the reason Pao are behind is because of officiating.... He said it was because Pao lost easy games like Ergotelis and drew twice against Iraklis and Asteras Tripolis.

I say Fine, we lost those games, fair and square....

Oly has gotten 4 penalty calls out of a questionable 8.. so says Nova..

But which ones did they get.... 0-0 against Tripolis, 0-0 Panthrakiko, 1-1 Thrasyvoulos 91st minute and 2-1 xanthi before yesterday.... Three g ames where they NEEDED the penalty call.... Not to mention that 2 of thos penalties were considered non penalties by Varouhas and Vasilakis... the other 4 penalties were with Oly in the lead and not given.

So oly gets 50% of their penalties 3 Leading to a win.

We get 1 out of 13. and are 9 points back....

Furthermore, Oly are this powerhouse scoring machine yet, from what i have seen, we are tied for goals for.. even with those penalties given to them. We are a TEAM that apparently CANT SCORE GOALS, but Oly are a machine...

Oly scored 10 goals in the 2 CL matches and the 4 Uefa matches. losing to galatasaray and metalist something

We scored 8 goals in the 6 group stage matches including 5 away goals. 0-3 Werder, 0-1 in Inter... and they are a machine....we are a pouress offensive team..

Oly fans will bring up the 0-2 and 5-0 to Norje-something in the Uefa qualies.. you know that team that finished 10th in Denmark last year but made it to the Uefa cup by winning the cup. 7 goals +10 in the group stage. 17 goals.... yet they lost twice....

Last season we scored 13 goals and lost once. 1-2 3-0 Artmedia, 3-0 Aberdeen, 0-1 Copenhagen, 3-0 Lokomotiv Moscow and 2-1 in Athletico.. our only loss...Being eliminated by away goals to Rangers, the finalists of the cup.

So all ths to say what.. well there IS A CONCLUSION... somewhere in here...

what do we got.. well its simple... oly get calls, pao dont.... its obvious.. what does that give us... a-9 in a circus championship still being run by red leaders and sympathizers... But that is changing.. Times, they are a changing friends.. Final 16 of the CL...Gkagkatzis is gone.. and all this in the first 6 months of Vgeno-Pateras Regime.

Rome wasnt built in a day.. nor was its destruction done in one day... but let me tell you one thing.. being 6'2 225lbs, the bigger they are, the harder they fall...

Oly are a great team, no one is questionning that... but even great teams lose.. except in the greek league... where great teams win, no matter what... well, ok not no matter what.. the color of the jersey DOES matter...

If im a pao fan, i can only imagine how PAOK fans, Aris fans and Aek fans(even though this year they have been helped) feel.....

Even on goals with oly... no penalties called. -9 with help from officiating..

Hell even my grandad, whom Crazy can account for is a DIE HARD oly fan told me yesterday that the championship is not merited....Oly have been dissapointing to him minus 4 games in the CL and 3 in europe. Pao lost points in three games where they were horrible but officiating has been against them... Key words AGAINST THEM... he could of said ''NOT HELPFUL'', but he said against them.

As for transfers, being a transfer thread, all i have to say is this.

Sure not all signings panned out....nor will they all pan out from here on in..Zonenfield might be a bust or might flourish in our crappy league. Has anyone watched him play. The point is this.. no matter who we sign, if things dont change, which they will , nothing can be done. Hell even messi wouldnt win penalties in our league.....

I apologize for the long post. This wasnt meant to be this long... Im sure a conversation would of been much easier but alas we are stuck with our keyboard, our cigarettes ( for us smokers) and a few moments of rage venting...

this wasnta memo. This was a mission statement.

Souza was a risk..he failed once before.. but Spahic is a NT CB for Bosnia.. hell if he sucks then not only pao are to blame but so are the bosnian scouts.

As for David, I hope he comes. I like projects liek him...... You just never know...

Simao, Ninis and now, maybe David. you just never know

It's definitely a long point Niko! I think that Ruka's combination of skill, speed, height and finishing is very rare. And I 'd like to emphasise the finishing bit because very few among our forwards can finish well. Mantzios is a great finisher with both feet and his head as well, but he lacks the speed and the acceleration. Ruka is the total package and we need to make better use of him.

NikosVazelas,i like your post even tho i was looking on more details about the game at hand but i also have 1 more thing to add to your theory.The fact that Pao has not one voice at the top but many also leads people and situations get out of control.I will give you 2 examples,1)At the start of the season,i can not remember after which game,some people from the Pao management came out and complained about the officiating,bad calls and so on.Vgenopoulos came out a couple of days later and said,we are a big team and we should not be talking about the refs.2)Antoniou came out in November and said that Ten Kate will be judged for his work in the next couple of games and again,a few days later Vgenopoulos came out and said that the teams coach will be judged at the end of the season and not a minute sooner.Were am i going with this you will ask.AEK with Demi last year and Paok with Zagoraki and cia dont let anything and anyone that they would not attack to make their points heard and protect their clubs.Not a chance in hell.Especially Paok this year gets calls and nobody can say a word about it.Pao on the other hand,has stayed behind in this little"mind" game,bs game or whatever else you want to call it.I am all forward for another organization that has nothing to do with greece or greeks take over and control the officiating part of our games because it is not fair to me or you or anybody else who does NOT make money from their involvment/passion with our countrys soccer to feel dissapointent every damn week from the games or results or decisions.

PS.While you analyze my teams penalty ratio and you make your observation about the Xanthi game last week,can you also check how many red cards the players of Asteras Tripolis should have gotten the week before and how many they actually got??? :rolleyes: ;)

I know this game is over since the second goal, but I don't like how we're playing. No good distribution of the ball, and our left side isn't being used.

Too many players around the ball, making one mistake after another. "

i dont know why ruka vs Galletti was started.....sure galletti got PK handouts, but doesnt matter for him. Galletti is a way better player, regardless of goals scored, there also different roles. I will say, that Galletti does seem to look like he wears makeup (seriously), and Rukavina doesnt. Rukavina is a good player. I dont think hell be as good as Galletti in his career though.

This game was fine. We had to win, and win easy. Conditions werent great, but we created, finished and did what we had to. "Panthrax" got a few chances but they were off target or Tzorvas bested them, like he does.

In unrelated, news:

Friendly game in Cyprus, FT:

Omonoia Niscosia 1

Energie Cottubus 10

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Its a friendly, but STILL! Youd think Cottubs were playing Uganda!

ok Crazy, so in a game you won, they should of expelled 10 of the 11 tripolis players.. how does that affect the standigns?

Go ahead make them play with 5 players.... but give me the penalties that are deserving as well... then ta leme.....

Re Nikolaki,i never said that what is going on is right and i am not the one not giving the penalties to Pao.I just gave you another explanation to help with the whole issue.Actually Sotirakopoulos was also talking about it in an article in Sportday.You are talking about penalties not given and i am talking about red cards not given.Mistakes both by the same referris that mess up almost every game in our league for many and different reasons.Fear,Money,Job security,Media scrutiny,useless bodies,pick one.

solid win onto the final 8

when discussing penalties Not Given, we should also discuss the very questionable gift wrapped penalties that are given to osfp. the recession in penalties has hit PAO this year. i wont excuse that for dropping points, but while osfp is not is handed undeserving wins with penalties one has to wonder if an osfp fan can be proud to win like this.. Crazy please tell us what you thought about the Xanthi penaly/ red card..

In unrelated, news:

Omonoia Niscosia 1

Energie Cottubus 10

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Omonoia beat Digenis 3-1 in the cup tonight, the team that lost 10-1 to Cottbus was Omonoia's youth team, literally the youth team, everyone was 15-16 years old.

In unrelated, news:

Omonoia Niscosia 1

Energie Cottubus 10

:LOL:  :LOL:  :LOL:

Omonoia beat Digenis 3-1 in the cup tonight, the team that lost 10-1 to Cottbus was Omonoia's youth team, literally the youth team, everyone was 15-16 years old.
Yeah this is true.....damn! :P

I was checking scores and saw 10-1....but then i noticed later when i looked down through the rest, Omonoia was listed again as playing today in the cup..

what a pointless friendly for Bochum (i mean to go to Cyprus for the senior team, to play 16 year olds in Cyprus is totally rubbish planning for a club isnt it)

Finally got home and watched the game on tape. Good performance and I liked the poise and attitude the team showed after years for getting used to the "relaxed" demeanor we displayed in these kinds of games just to find ourselves in trouble. The good news is the team showed some spirit and for the first time scored 4. Nice lineup by Ten Cate who rested all the starters except the defenders.

While we have the luxury to call players like Cleyton and Roukavina "reserves", on defense we didn't have anyone to spell Vintra or Sariegi. Really, the only defender on our bench today was (drum roll please), Siontis. We should say that Panthrakikos fielded six reserves too, so this was a contest of B' teams and PAO should win any of those in Greece.

The pitch was a joke and it was funny at times to see the players keep running while the ball was stuck behind them. I liked Moon on the left and Melissis as a DM was not bad at all. Maybe this won't be a wasted transfer after all.

Cleyton didn't do much but he did what mattered: One assist, one goal.

Roukavina is the new Jesus :P I want to bench everyone and let him start all by himself. I am joking of course, but he was a joy to watch him gliding with the ball among opponents, and to see him score one more time. He does have to work on his celebration though because I think he injured himself flipping over like that :LOL: Now I am sure I am glad we didn't get Djeabour last summer.

Not to forget Christodoulopoulos who played 23 minutes and managed to score one goal, to give one assist, and to hit the crossbar. He has a ton of skill, he is young, and it's nice to see him play hard. That's a good attitude.

Last thought: conditioning, conditioning, conditioning. Panathinaikos once again showed signs of some serious work done in the off season. This could explain the early bad games when hard work makes muscles very tight.

Archived