Phantis Forums

ESPN Deportes debuts tommorrow.

ESPN Deportes will debut tommorrow as a 24 hour, 7 days a week sports channel in the Spanish language. The great feature of this channel is that they will offer more CL games (up to 4 per game day) as opposed to ESPN/ESPN2. Right now ESPN Deportes is available only on DirecTV on their Spanish language package DirecTV Para Todos, for which you need a bigger dish. It is also available on some cable systems. Here is the current list:

Cable systems offering ESPN Deportes

Just so people know that list is/was for the 3 hour Sunday night broadcasts of ESPN Deportes. I called Time Warner in NYC and they told me that the Sunday night thing has been cancelled and they do not have ESPN Deportes in their lineup. The guy I spoke to told me to make a request for the channel along /w Gol TV (he was big soccer fan as well). He told me the more people that request it the better the chances of getting the channels are and gave NBA TV (which we got recently) as an example. Now what the actual # of requests has to be he didn't know (or didn't want to tell me) but anyone on this board who lives in NY should call and request it..tell your friends too...and then maybe we'll get lucky enough to get some more games for free.

• 2 weeks later...

Ziaka,

I have the Dish Network and currently have Fox Sports World, GOL TV, and MEGA. I was thinking to changing from MEGA to ANTENNA or ERT to see if there is more Greek soccer.

Any recommendations. I am orginally from Argos Orestiko now living in Florida. I have some friends that play on Pangirakos in Argos.

Drop me an email or respond to this post.

Thanks,

George (hrupista)

Hello hrupista and welcome to the forums. What team are you fan off? Being from Argos Orestiko, do you support Kastoria? BTW my family is from Grevena, not too far from Argos Orestiko.

To answer your question, MEGA does not show any games at all. If you want to see Greek soccer, you need to get Antenna Satellite and ERT-Sat. Antenna shows the home games of Olympiakos live. ERT-Sat on the other hand shows 3 or 4 games each week on average. However they usually don't show the games live. They show them with few hours delay. ERT-Sat shows both A' Division games as well as Greek Cup games. By far ERT-Sat has the best Greek soccer coverage this season.

To finds out what games are on, check out my TV Schedule page here:

Greek Soccer TV Schedule

Thanks Ziaka. You cannot get out of my village alive without supporting PAOK. I have not followed Kastoria as closely, however when I was younger and in my village more often I played with the boys that are now on the Pangirakos team. I follow the ETHNIKI OMADA closely and will support Greek teams that are in the Champions League. So to answer your question I support PAOK first then Olympiakos, Panathinaikos, and OFH.

Thanks for the TV information. I need to get rid of MEGA.

Ta leme...

yiorgos

• 3 weeks later...
Guest kingkopper

I have Directv Para Todos and I dont have ESPN Deportes... I checked in the directv website and it doesnt have that channel listed but ESPN claims that directv is showing there channel. I dont know what to do? any ideas?

Marco

The only thing you can do is call Direct TV (or any other provider you happen to have) and request that they add the channel. I am not sure but I think The ESPN listing is in regards to the Sunday night programming that was available before ESPN Deportes became a 24 channel.

According to the guys from soccer tv:

"ESPN Deportes is currently NOT available on any major cable

or satellite TV systems, and is currently NOT available

at ESPN Zone restaurants.

A handful of small cable systems currently carry ESPN Deportes."

Also from soccer tv here is a list of scheduled broadcasts (for the ESPN cahnnels and Setanta):

Locomotiv Moscow (Russia) vs Monaco (Monaco)

ESPN Deportes (US - Spanish)

Th Feb 24 12:25pm ET/9:25am PT LIVE *** note special time ***

Bayern Munich (Germany) vs Real Madrid (Spain)

RDS (Canada - French)

Tu Feb 24 2:30pm ET/11:30am PT LIVE

TSN (Canada - English)

We Feb 25 3:30am ET/12:30am PT SDD

Celta de Vigo (Spain) vs Arsenal (England)

Setanta Sport Closed-circuit (1-415-546-1022)

Tu Feb 24 2:30pm ET/11:30am PT LIVE

Tu Feb 24 7pm ET/4pm PT SDD

Sparta Prague (Czech Rep) vs AC Milan (Italy)

Tu Feb 24 4:45pm ET/1:45pm PT SDD

VfB Stuttgart (Germany) vs Chelsea (England)

ESPN2 (US - English)

RDS (Canada - French)

We Feb 25 2:30pm ET/11:30am PT LIVE

We Feb 25 4:45pm ET/1:45pm PT SDD

TSN (Canada - English)

Th Feb 26 3:30am ET/12:30am PT SDD

Deportivo de La Coruna (Spain) vs Juventus (Italy)

TLN (Canada - Spanish)

FC Porto (Portugal) vs Manchester United (England)

Setanta Sport Closed-circuit (1-415-546-1022)

We Feb 25 11:59pm ET/9pm PT SDD

Real Sociedad (Spain) vs Lyon (France)

Th Feb 26 8pm ET/5pm PT (1-day delay)

Archived