Phantis Forums

UEFA Cup Draw

DUDE

Ideal 11

Benfica: Quim, Luisao, Sidnei, Ribeiro, Pereira, Katsouranis, Yebda, Amorim, Di Maria, Reyes, Nuno Gomes.

Olympiakos: Nikopolidis, Domi, Galitsios, Zewlakow, Antzas, Torosidis, Papadopoulos, Mendrinos, Leto, Belluschi, Luis Santo.

Galatasaray: De Santhics, Sabri, Fernando Meira, Servet, Hakan Balta, Arda Turan, Mehmet Topal, Tobbias Linderoth, Harry Kewell, Milan Baros, S.Nonda (Cassio Linkoln)

Herhta Berlin: Drobny, Kaka, Friedrich, Stein, Simunic, Kacar, Santos, Dardai, Pantelic, Voronin, Piszczek.

Metalist Kharkiv: Goryainov, Konyushenko, Obradovic, Gueye, Daniel, Aparecida, Trisovic, Devic, Rykun, Jaja, Zeze.

http://fanatik.ekolay.net/Fanatik/NewsGall...=76&ItemOrder=0

I'm no expert here, but some of the Olympiakos ideal 11 are not there. How accurate are the other teams.

I think this group will see Galatasaray, Olympiakos and Benfica pass through in that order.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing with Oly in Europe, is that we play good vs the good teams, and lose to the worse teams.

Thats why I dont like how this game in the Ukraine is playing out in my head.

On the road, to an unknown team, in December in the north Ukraine.

It has the makings of a disaster for us.

We have to get 6 points at home, which will not be easy, and draw one of our games on the road

We'll finish top.

Galatasaray and their overpaid pensioner Harry kewell aren't worthy to be on the same pitch as us.

oh sure......have you even seen the GS roster? They dont deserve to be on the pitch, but they estimated player values are nearly 30 million MORE than Frinos. Many players on there OSFP would be quite envious of.

and btw Kewell is 30.

i say 2-0 kai.......GULE GULE :LOL:

Unlikely.

Ohh btw Kewell maybe 30 in years, his body is like a 50 year olds.

Olympiakos to finish top!

Ideal 11

Benfica: Quim, Luisao, Sidnei, Ribeiro, Pereira, Katsouranis, Yebda, Amorim, Di Maria, Reyes, Nuno Gomes.

Olympiakos: Nikopolidis, Domi, Galitsios, Zewlakow, Antzas, Torosidis, Papadopoulos, Mendrinos, Leto, Belluschi, Luis Santo (Diogo).

Galatasaray: De Santhics, Sabri, Fernando Meira, Servet, Hakan Balta, Arda Turan, Mehmet Topal, Tobbias Linderoth, Harry Kewell, Milan Baros, S.Nonda (Cassio Linkoln)

Herhta Berlin: Drobny, Kaka, Friedrich, Stein, Simunic, Kacar, Santos, Dardai, Pantelic, Voronin, Piszczek.

Metalist Kharkiv: Goryainov, Konyushenko, Obradovic, Gueye, Daniel, Aparecida, Trisovic, Devic, Rykun, Jaja, Zeze.

http://fanatik.ekolay.net/Fanatik/NewsGall...=76&ItemOrder=0

At first glance, the squad of GS impresses the most, followed by Olympiakos, if we take into account their bench and options.

Btw, is Hertha's Drobny the same Drobny that Panionios had no so long ago?

Ohh btw Kewell maybe 30 in years, his body is like a 50 year olds.

Olympiakos to finish top!

Kewell is the best in Galatasara' new transfers. he scored 3 goals in League at 6th week also 1 more beautiful goal to ''Bellinzona'' on UEFA.

At first glance, the squad of GS impresses the most, followed by Olympiakos, if we take into account their bench and options.

We have to consider Linderoth will be out because of ınjury also Sabri is just out of injury so he is not productive also and Turkish NT player's performance is decreased after Euro 2008. But again All players are NT players in their country except Linkoln for Brezilia

Olympiakos: Nikopolidis, Domi, Galitsios, Zewlakow, Antzas, Torosidis, Papadopoulos, Mendrinos, Leto, Belluschi, Luis Santo.

This is definitely not Olympiakos' ideal 11.

As for the group, I think Hertha will win the group, followed by Benfica. The third spot will be up for grabs, I think Galatasary will nick it.

As for the discussion about the relative strengths of the squads, Benfica's squad is def the most talented imo. As for Galatasary winning the group, I'm willing to give anyone odds that that won't happen. They are appalling and have been for the last 3+ years. Last years Olympiakos team under Lemonis would have walked this group. Why?

Galatasary can't defend to save their lives.

Benfica don't get goals and don't travel well.

Metalist Kharkiv are an unknown entity so i won't comment, although their destruction of Besiktas doesn't tell us much either because they're terrible too.

Hertha Berlin competitive but they're inconsistent and don't have too much imagination.

By UEFA group stage standards this is a tough group merely because Olympiakos are so poor this year, in the bigger picture, only Benfica are capable of going all the way in this comp, and even that would be an outside bet.

I think you are too much pessimistic for both GS and OSFP they are tournument teams could loose...Metalist is just an live but unexperienced team they are tough but far away to be favourite for any match that Terrible Besiktas Beated them in Istanbul. GS will do it too, and GS could get 1 point in Berlin easly also the key match is in Istanbul anyway if GS got 3 points OSFP or Benfica thats enough to qualify for them...GS was taking 4-5 points at the the worst in CL.

U ll see GS in Berlin, at least 1 point...

Well the draw is tough and the programme is the worst we could have asked for!

Galatasary vs Olympiakos (23/10/08)

Olympiakos vs Benfica (27/11/08)

Metalist Karkiv vs Olympiakos (3/12/08)

Olympiakos vs Hertha Berlin (18/12/08).

This is terrible. The Galatasary game is a non-domestic derby and we're away. We're also away in the Ukraine in the height of winter and we're playing the 2 toughest teams at home, where they are capable of upsetting us. Personally I don't think we'll make the top 3.

I predict 2 points and an exit

tough group

I agree.

I predict:

Galatasary 2-1 Olympiakos

Olympiakos 1-1 Benfica

Metalist Kharkiv 1-0 Olympiakos

Olympiakos 1-1 Hertha Berlin

:(

Dude,keep the faith untill i tell you to lose it,you are not allowed to lose it any sooner.... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

We will win every game and get first spot in the group. :tup: :tup:

Diogo-Darko 5 goals a piece.

Its actally very possible^

On our day we can beat any team in the uefa cup

IMo this is waht will happen

Galatasaray 1-1 Olympiakos

Olympiakos 1-0 Benfica

Metalist Kharkiv 0-0 Olympiakos

Olympiakos 4-2 Hertha

i think Oly can make it through to the next stage... They have a very strong team this year...

i will most definitely be cheering the red and the whites  :gr:

somones comming out of the closet :unsure:
No,in Europe we got to support and in a weird way,we need each other to do well and get points.In Greece,that is another/different story. :D

• 4 weeks later...

I guess its good that galatasary won. It looks like they are the team to beat in the group. So we kinda got the hardest game out of the way. Benfica at home will not be as hard as Galatasary away but still it will be hard im not saying its easy.

Gala will win this group and they have gotten the hard games out of the way.

• 1 month later...

Well thankfully we're through and we can look forward to the draw tomorrow. Who do you guys want to get?

These would be my choices for the draw and our chances of progressing:

St Etienne - Would be the perfect draw, we'd be favs. They have a good defence and a good striker in Ilan but I'd give us 75% of progressing.

Standard Liege - They've KO'd Everton this year and they deservedly won their group. They're a very compact team that can compete with anyone and they've got a very good midfield. (60%).

Wolfsburg - Very good team with some excellent players like Misimovic. They are excellent at home but poor away. Which team does that remind you of? :whistle: (50%).

Udinese - With Quag and Di Natalie up front they have the ability to tear our defence apart, but they don't play at a high tempo and they are very inconsistent so alot would depend on what Udinese team we'd meet. (50%)

CSKA - A trip to Russia is never favourable and they are a good solid team. It would be a tough draw. (40%)

Hamburg - Great at home and they are generally a very good team all round with a solid defence and some excellent attacking players like Petric, Olic and Thiago Neves. Def a team I want to avoid. (30%)

Man City - Greek teams can't handle English teams and this prob won't be an exception. They're solid at the back with player like Corluka, Richards and Dunne and they've got a great midfield with players like Robinho, Elano, Ireland, and Petrov to chose from. Overall I don't think they're as good as Hamburg but they're Premiership style and tempo is bound to cause us big problems. (30%)

QUOTE ( @ --)
I think that's "Sochaux" and I think it was Panionios who eliminated them.

I think OSFP can match up with ANY of those clubs listed.

Predic

Olympiakos beat Sochaux (it was the year Olympiakos went out of the CL with 10 points due to that last gasp Gerrard strike). I think Olympiakos beat them 1-0 in both legs (Okkas in Greece, and Stoltidis in France). In fact Okkas' goal was a really nice team goal, it was a cracking atmosphere that night too!

Here is the goal:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=415ut_q5_Ro

Archived