Phantis Forums

Champions League Group Stage Draw

cyberfish

It's been a while, but PAO is finally back in the groups :tup:

The draw is on Thursday at 7:00 pm Greek time.

We are in the third pot with a 52.525 coefficent. We will be grouped with one team from each of the other pots.

Pot 1: ManU, Chelsea, Liverpool, Barcelona, Arsenal, Lyonnais, Inter, Real

Pot 2: Bayern, PSV, Villarreal, Roma, Porto, Bremen, Sproting, Juve

Pot 3: Marseille, Zenit, Steaua Bucuresti, Panathinaikos, Bordeaux, Celtic, Basel, Fenerbahce

Pot 4: Shakhtar, Fiorentina, Atletico, Dynamo Kyiv, Cluj, Aalborg, Anorthosis, Bate

Pot 1 looks like I would be happy to play anyone. I would prefer to see us play against Arsenal though.

Pot 2 they all look good, but PSV I would not mind

Pot 3 I'll take Aalborg again.

Hmmm, Arsenal, PSV, Aalborg ... we can finish in first place :P (first two qualify-third goes to UEFA round of 32)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pot 1: ManU, Chelsea, Liverpool, Barcelona, Arsenal, Lyonnais, Inter, Real

Pot 2: Bayern, PSV, Villarreal, Roma, Porto, Bremen, Sproting, Juve

Pot 3: Marseille, Zenit, Steaua Bucuresti, Panathinaikos, Bordeaux, Celtic, Basel, Fenerbahce

Pot 4: Shakhtar, Fiorentina, Atletico, Dynamo Kyiv, Cluj, Aalborg, Anorthosis, Bate

The IDEAL group from which PAO would qualify would be:

Lyon

Sporting

PAO

Bate

But anything from:

Pot 1 = Lyon, Real, Inter, Arsenal

Pot 2 = Sporting, Juve, Bremen, Roma, PSV

Pot 4 = Dynamo Kyiv, Cluj, Aalborg, Bate.

I'd hate it if Ano drew PAO, I don't think I could face another Ano vs a Greek team saga... it's like watching my mum and dad having a fist fight! :P

The nightmare draw would be:

Man Utd

Bayern

PAO

Atletico

:wacko:

Damn i wish we got into pot 2 . As for the draw I want any of these teams:

Pot 1: Lyon, Inter

Pot2: Sporting, Juve, Bremen, Roma, PSV

Pot 4: Anorthosis, Dynamo Kyiv, Cluj, Aalborg, Bate.

Really want to avoid:

Pot1 : Man U, Chelsea, Barca, Arsenal, Real

Pot 2: Villa, Bayern

Pot 4: Atletico, Shakhtar

Ideal draw:

Lyon

Sporting

PAO

Anorthosis

Draw I would hate:

Man U

Villa

PAO

Fiorentina

Come on we need some luck on our side boys!!!!

Really want to avoid:

Ideal draw:

Lyon

Sporting

PAO

Anorthosis

Draw I would hate:

Man U

Villa

PAO

Fiorentina

So you'd rather draw Anorthosis than Bate, Cluj or Aalborg? Based on what logic? We wouldnt win in cyprus, i promise u that, and in greece they wont be intimidated. Anorthosis? no thanks.

Really want to avoid:

Ideal draw:

Lyon

Sporting

PAO

Anorthosis

Draw I would hate:

Man U

Villa

PAO

Fiorentina

So you'd rather draw Anorthosis than Bate, Cluj or Aalborg? Based on what logic? We wouldnt win in cyprus, i promise u that, and in greece they wont be intimidated. Anorthosis? no thanks.
Um no.....you cant promise PAO wont win in Cyprus thats a bit silly.

PAO is perfectly capable of taking 3 points in Cyprus. :blink:

I dont want Ano, but if its instead of Atletico/Shaxtar/Dinamo/Fiorentina....no question whats better draw.

Id much prefer BATE, Cluj, Alborg

im optimistic for the team, but realistically im not sure if we have good chances of progressing. The defense just was NOT taken care of this transfer season :tdown:

Im cheering for:

Inter

Sporting

PAO

BATE :tup:

if we play liverpool i dont care if we loose evry match for the rest of the year in Greece as long as we beat them be it in a KO match or in the gourp stage, 5-0 in OAKA and 4-0 in liverpool...i seriously loath every thing and one at that club....almost as much as OSFP...

Their "fans" here have given me too much bullshit.

anyway I back us to beat anyone, football is football remember...there are young players in our team who will want to write themeselves big cheques

Really want to avoid:

Ideal draw:

Lyon

Sporting

PAO

Anorthosis

Draw I would hate:

Man U

Villa

PAO

Fiorentina

Honestly buddy there are NO easy draws in the Champions League.. We all know this.

What we need as a country is for PAO to represent our Nation and the club well

GL

:tup: :gr: :tup: :gr: :tup:

YESSSSS we got Anorthosis!!!!! I love our group Pao Inter Bremen Anorthosis!!!!!!!

I love it more.Inter is the favorite for the 1st spot but the second spot will be interesting between Bremen and Pao.Lets see how well you boys can play going against our last years leftovers...... :D :LOL:

Ya man we should do really well in this group and I see us get the 2nd spot and wouldn't be surprised if we get really really close to the 1st spot in the group. Obviously the 1st is hard I know you don't have to tell me but I have allot of optimism for PAO this year if we get a Damn CB!!! Also I don't care what anyone says we will get 6 points against Anorthosis no one can make me think otherwise.

dude wtf would you seriously WANT anorthosis for?

im pissed. Im glad we didnt get Atletico or Shaxtar instead, but I really wanted to cheer for Anorthosis.

BTW, I dont see PAO making the same mistakes as OSFP vs Ano. Also Ano will not have the pressure to get out of the group stages.

I hope Ano gives HELL to Werder and Inter though. ESP vs Werder, as we could be fighting for 2nd with them.

However, the 1st 2 is a great draw.

Inter is ideal, for me :P

Im going to that game as an avid Panathinaikos and as avid Milan fan.

INTER INTER VA F'AN CULO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Inter are the best 1st seed IMO. Dont let Mourinho scare you, hes more full of himself than he is talent (hes a top coach, but with Chelsea im sorry, you have unlimited budget, and didnt make a CL final even . Inter are also a bit of a slacker club in europe (for the big elite teams), they looked decent in the Super Cup, but not amazing. We have to have a big game to beat them, and finish our chances.

Im now more curious about the schedule than anything......whats the order of games???

Werder is a good team, better than last years of what Ive heard. We can def take them in OAKA, but we have some revenge to take in Bremen. We can do it, we just need to be our best. If only we bought a centerback...... :angry:

Ano is a tough team. Theyve got flustering defense, and showed theyre tough. But a group game is differnet than a leg match. PAO will go to win, and Im pretty sure HTC saw OSFP and Ano play, so PAO players will be wary.

WE CAN DO IT

GLORY DAYS.

Compared to some other groups,i was hoping you guys get Real-Juve but anyway,Pao should feel pretty happy about the draw.You avoided english powerhouses and really tricky 4 pot team like Shahtar,Dinamo and Athletico.I wish you guys luck and i really hope you get the second spot.For your sake................ :P :P :P :D :D :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

we will get the 2nd spot at least. Ok as far as Anorthosis are you serious I can't believe I'm the only one happy about getting them. We avoided Shaktar, Atletico, Fiorentina and Dynamo and we hear complaints? WTF is wrong with you guys lol We got the best group for us so what you wanted to cheer for some Cypriot team that beat our biggest rival who cares what they did to a poor looking Oly who probably would smash Anorthosis if their team had more time to gel. Anyways I'm glad we got this group and we will do very well. Oh and crazy its not only for our sake that PAO do good but yours too since you guys have been riding our points into Europe for a long time re :P

You guys are crazy for being happy we drew Ano. That draw has convinced me we won't qualify from the group. They are a very good team and the Greece-Cyprus-derby climate will backfire. I can promise you we won't win there. They've score 3 at home against Rapid Vienna, Trabzonspor and Olympiakos. We'll only get 3rd spot, mark my words. :tdown:

Your crazy if you think we wont win in Cyprus . We will take 6 points against them mark my words and if we are scared to play Ano then we might as well join Oly in Uefa you guys need to man up and believe we will get it done. I'm disappointed in you guys come on have some faith.

I am excited about these games.

Game 1: Inter seems unstopable on paper and it's good to have them at home right off the bat. If we lose, it would be expected. If we tie or win it will be a huge boost to the morale. Having them at home gives us a slight hope of recording a huge win. Let's hope we are ready. Worst case scenario, we lose by three or more. It could demoralize us. Capacity crowd will be going nuts.

Game 2: Anorthosis has a good team, but HTC is no Valverde. We'll go for the result and we'll take it. Capacity crowd will go crazy there, but I think we'll pull off a win, even if it's not a pretty one. No matter what happens in the first game, this is the perfect game #2 away. We have excellent chances of recovering from a bad result in game one, or to pull ahead of the group.

Game 3: Pao-Werder. German teams seem to be good customers, so I hope we can pull another win. It won't be easy, but at home with the crowd behind them, Pao lads have a second chance to make history. Best case scenario: this could be the third win in a row. Worst case scenario: we lose by three or more that could put as un a tailspin for the season. A loss to Werder will be tougher to overcome (compared with a defeat from Inter). I think we'll be happy campers after this game is done.

Game 4: Werder-Pao will be a really tough one. Can we win there? I don't see it. If we do, I'll beging thinking of CL semifinals. Worst case scenario: Lose by three or more. A tie would be a huge achievement in my mind.

Game 5: At Milan against Inter, I don't think we have a chance. If we do get a tie, it would be only by miracle. Worst case scenario: embarasing defeat.

Game 6: PAO-Anorthosis. Winning won't be as easy as many want to believe, but it's easier acheiavable than in any other game. We must win, and we will, especially if we are still in the qualification game.

I hope we see some exciting games. All I want from my team is to give their heart on the pitch. I think we'll be able to reach the 32 with a little luck. I have faith that this season the team will look better than the previous ones. For once, we seem to have a good coach and the team seems to have prepared well both in preseason training (second summer in a row) and in transfers.

Archived