Phantis Forums

Omonia - AEK

george21

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ase mas re bides you advanced with a karabola of a goal in oaka that ping ponged too yoyr players or else it would have been a o-o draw and with our 2 away goals would have been enough aek is a much better team thwn omonia 4th in cyprus get off the crap pipe u win one series and all of a sudden your head and shoulders better then aek ande re grosouzi

Dont start comparing our club too yours aek are in crisis with demis leaving ribo gone and lack of funds last years aek would have ripped omonia apart

may aek rest in peace omonia did there job good by aek have fun with ergotelis bravo kypros rise trella me tin kitrini fanella!! By the way I guess this will be a day of rememberence for aek I will wear my poppy next year!!

Obviously a disappointing result. I really thought we had it in us to overturn the 0-1 deficit. Oh well. I guess now we can concentrate on the league. Really not too impressed with the players or tactics so far. But I am willing to give them a chance to grow into Donis' system.

I just wanted to say one more thing aek is a great team with great tradition you guys will get back at it hopefully do well in the Greek league!! Some changes need to be done in the squad and things will look better eimaste ilu ellines prepi na emaste enomeni ohi horismeni!!!

1. The whole issue was lost in the first game.

2. Well done to Omonoia (and Anorthosi) for making it. I guess its the best alternative to losing two Greek teams off Europe to two Cypriot ones. Good luck for the rest of your long (I hope) run.

3. Cypriot teams are bound to cause more upsets to Greek teams as long as we underestimate them. As I said long ago for OSFP and Anorthosis, Cypriot presidents have a good money ability and with Cyprus being in the EU they can bring in good EU players ... with a good manager those players can perform wonders alongside some Cypriot talent that we all know

4. As much as I understand the exitement of Cypriot fans. Dont exagerate and dont make the mistake to think that beating a dissoriented (due to many reasons) AEK, suddenly made you any sort of a European Powerhouse. OK the teasing I can take ... Its football, tease us to death... but for your sake. Push your team harder forward and leave this game behind asap... AEK, even with its problems could control the match, and only the bad result of Game 1 meant less defensive care foe us ... otherwise ... a bit more serious AEK would have blown you out of the field.... Nevertheless.... As I said ... I am only saying that for good, and not to diminish a very good pair of results for Omonoia.

im greek from Canada and can tell cypriot football is on the rise. And with all their teams still playing in europe, they might just have the financial backing to rise more.

Anorthosis beat OLY 3-1 on aggregate.

Omonia beat Aek 3-2 including a win in OAKA.

Apoel beat Red Star Belgrade 5-5 on aggregate. 3-3 in belgrade scoring the last goal with 10 men.

Absolutely Astonishing. Too bad itll end with anorthosis losing to PAO.

Guest TheLegend

im greek from Canada and can tell cypriot football is on the rise. And with all their teams still playing in europe, they might just have the financial backing to rise more.

Anorthosis beat OLY 3-1 on aggregate.

Omonia beat Aek 3-2 including a win in OAKA.

Apoel beat Red Star Belgrade 5-5 on aggregate. 3-3 in belgrade scoring the last goal with 10 men.

Absolutely Astonishing. Too bad itll end with anorthosis losing to PAO.

yes cypriot teams are getting better but u really agree that cypriot teams are superior to greek teams now?

its a joke.

olympiacos wasnt prepared and still dominated in both matches with luck against them

aek had control of the match then got scored on out of nowhere

although i have to say omonia plays a nice game to watch and are a better team than anorthosis and if omonia can keep playing like that and grab some of that luck anorthosis is riding right now they can have a pretty good run this year.

If we were eliminated this early in the European campaign, we should not expect to win the SL title.

We had certain expectations of our club, our players, our president.

*The latter had nearly 5 years to build a team. He had the pride and business sense to keep us from bankruptcy when others needed the intervention of the state to do so. However, he lacked the sense to build a team. He used plasters when the team needed surgery, he thought short-term when the rest of us expected a long-term solution, he took a decent team and did not improve at all on it. Finally, he lacked the maturity to keep his mouth shut at such a crucial time in the season: He could have quietly withdrawn in May after all our European and domestic obligations were over.

*Our club could have started preparations sooner. PAO had 4-5 friendlies under their belt before we played our second. WHY??? We were playing Omonia in Europe not Gravenmacher and not Torpedo Kutaisi and not Dinaburg Daugavpils!

*Our players should realise they are professionals. They have signed contracts and have obligations. They have put on a jersey with much history behind it. If it's too "heavy" by all means look elsewhere.

Finally, all the best to the three clubs of our Cyprus! They have made an art of preparing early that should be emulated by the mainland clubs. With smaller budgets, they have gone further not because they are better - Bides - but because they have worked harder. As for not being Greek, they are far more Greek than those alites on motorcycles that disgraced us internationally!

It's time I said something about the issue of Cypriot football compared to Greek football. Anorthosis's unfortunate triumph over Olympiakos, and Omonoia's glorious victory over AEK, do NOT make Cypriot football superior. HOWEVER, I think those results DID earn Cypriot football some respect. Esp. from ellines.

Bravo irlandos if your not ready to take on the responsibility of putting on a aek jersey with its rich history and youre not willinfg to bleed and sweat for it put it away and go play in iceland i ask for 110% and unfortunately we do not see that any more in this day and age

Guys, don't pay attention to bides. He's a known troll and on the other big time soccer website most of us visit. I don't know how he hasn't been banned yet.

Why are u even responding in this forum what do u have to do with omonia Aek go worry about beating ergotelis or who ever u guys are playing this weekend!!! This guys no me very well in these forums my friend they know what im all about!!! You just hate Cyprus sta a******a mou!!!!!!!!

Archived