Phantis Forums

Rangers lose to Kaunas

GS i thought i knew you better than to put Rangers in the same category as Juventus, Barca, Arsenal, Liverpool etc..... You should be much happier to avoided PAO in the last seconds of the draw this year!

GS would POUND Rangers, they are quite a mediocre team. Dont let the unbeleivable luck of UEFA Cup last year tell you different. Steaua IMO is a tough draw.....Steaua thinks they can do it too....

quoted from Galatasaray thread in the Turkish Superleague Forum, written by drakos

Was last year a big fluke?

Glasgow Rangers were eliminated in the CL 2nd qualifying round by lowly Lithuanian outfit FBK Kaunas: From the BBC

YES IT WAS.

I watched them vs Zenit, PAO, Fiorentina, and I didnt see but heard they were awful and exremley lucky vs Werder whos keeper gifted them all their goals.

For one, the team are filthy players and the worst sportsmen on the pitch in UEFA. Im quite happy they are out of CL and out of Europe.

Vs PAO they were outrageously dirty, comitting fouls, elbows etc and should have had buckets of yellow cards and even a red or two, Nacho Novo deserved a RED CARD 100% that game, and it was him who scored Rangers basically only shot on goal in the 85th vs PAO in Leoforos....PAO was quite unlucky not to finish them off, and Rangers was quite lucky to go through, with referee gifting their players with eligibilty for the 2nd leg which was fullly undeserved. We saw Rangers pull same trash vs Anorthosis too, so Im quite happy to see Rangers out of Europe --- IN AUGUST :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Vs Fiorentina, they were simply horrible, and simply lucky, so of course they won on penalties, the worse team almost always does. Had Viola not been stupid and played talentless Vieri, who made sure Fiorentina would stay with 0 goals and blew the penalty to absolutley no suprise whatsoever to lose the shootout, they would have been finalists.

vs Zenit - it was clear only one team deserved to be there.

Big thank you and respect to Kaunas. :tup: and GOOD LUCK CELTIC!

Also, Kaunas fans must be going crazy - having drawn Rangers - they got the SEED for the 3rd Qualifying round....

Meaning its KAUNAS or ALBORG in the CL GROUP STAGES !!! :wacko:

What a special season it would be for Lithuania could finally make their break in football with a team in the Champions League....This is quite an opportunity for them!

Archived