Phantis Forums

Panathinaikos v. Dynamo Tbilisi

athinaios

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This was as good as a first game as we could have hoped. It was not perfect, but we all witnessed many positive signs.

Firstly, the team (with the same players as last year) has picked up the speed of the game an notch or two.

Second, the new formation (4-2-3-1) seems to suit most of our players. Both our "wingers", Ivan and Salpi, scored and gave assists. Mantzios plays the game that suits his skills, our fullbacks fit well, and Ninis was very exciting to watch in the center of the field.

Third, we seem to have better depth and skill on offense than last year.

But this was the very first game, in mid-july, against a weaker opponent. I think there is much room for improvement, but I was really excited to see the determination on the pitch, the offensive philosophy, and over 50k on the stands :tup:

No, sorry, I don't know of any.

Silva in, Ninis out (50')

Still 0-0

Obviously, we're going through but we just managed 1 shot on target (not a good chance).

Second half is better for us, in that we control the game better, but nothing special.

Dinamo down to 10 (red card), 77'

Still 0-0 (81')

I think our strategy is to control the game and stay back. Won't cope up 3 or more, was the idea, and it's working. Better second half, but not a game will last in memory.

btw, Kara in for Xpoulo (75')

The good news is it's over and we're going through!

I don't know if these matchs bring points to Greece, but hopefully the Greek teams will do well enough not to have to go through the qualifiers any more.

sorry im wrong... they count for the team and for the country. but the points are halved. For example, instead of a win bringing 2 points for the country it brings one and a draw brings in 0.5 points.

so far pao has brought 1.5 points.

Ok thanks :)! That's good news :).

Archived