Phantis Forums

Panathinaikos v. Dynamo Tbilisi

athinaios

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

as a lone striker, yes. salpi doesnt have the height to be a lone striker.

ninis playing behind the lone ST is a surprise and a great one.

im loving this. and to think, none of our signings are in this match.

Gabriel,Christodou, Ruka, Silva, Cleyton and Souza are either not on the bench or not startin.

Ninis is very active. I'm glad to see this kid getting his chances under Ten Kate. Salpi & Mantzios are in too! Com'on guys, score one!!!!!!!!!

We had a couple good chances already.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL IVAN!

What, 23' in? Good start. We need 3 more! :tup:

Nice start for the season. I know this isn't exactly the CL, but after 3 years, we're back to the CL in good form! :box:

watching the first half there are a few things that should be mentioned.

First off, this is a revived team. Comparing to last year, we still press high, which was the best thing about hwo we played last season. However the difference this season is we are pressing high in an offensive scheme. last season we pressed the opposing team players in a defensive scheme. Like in Ibrox. we put pressure on their midfield and back line and would work with counter attacks. This season we are pressing the other team, to regain possesion, in order to attack with the ball on the ground. No more long balls or crosses hoping to find a header for a goal.

Also every player on the pitch today, was part of the pao squad last season. Which means, that none of the transfers are playing. This says something about what 10Cate has done so far. He transformed a team that last season, against a team like Artmedia, relied on long balls through for salpi etc.

and all this in 27 days. give him some time. Lets not make fun of Tiblisi too fast. 3 years ago against panionios in the uefa cup they took a 2-1 lead intot he 56th minute. then they copped 4 goals. that was in a meaningless game havign already been eliminated. no games are easy nowadays. Rangers are 0-0 at HT in Ibrox against Kaunas.

Lets be honest, we wont win any champions leagues but all i ask is to play attractive football and may the better team win.

OK, it's over. The good news is that PAO will go through. Bravo to the PAO players. We returned to the CL with a great win.

Ten Kate has transformed this team in a few weeks, especially if you see that those who played most of the game today were with PAO last season too.

I'm glad to see Mantzios getting play time, but Salpi is a hound. He knows where to be in order to have a good chance to score. This is a gift. Mantzios has skills but in my mind he's still unreliable.

This is only the beginning. Nice to see the team play good football.

Enjoyable, fast game, mostly in the first half.

Over 40,000 fans, three goals, one post.

What a difference a coach makes.

PAO played with last year's players in the first, but there was no comparison with last year's games.

I believe Salpi answered all the doubters, that wanted him traded.... ;)

Defense was still shaky at times.

Ninis , Salpi :tup:

PEACE

Hats off to Sapli - who've I referred to as a kreas. He ran hard and played extremely well. The new look Mantzios was also quite good. With mroe confidence in his game I think he will earn his spot.

Cate did well and ditto on prior comments how he's chanhed the team. It's still early but I hope this is a sign of what's to come in the future.

Return leg should be ok and will be an opportunity to maybe try a few players.

Same here....Salpigidis was played CORRECTLY for a change. He belongs on that right wing with the option to cut in.....Salpi as a lone target man does not however get the job done IMO. But Ten Cate uses him right finally a coach does!

Salpi assisted the first (hammered a low cross in) and finished the other 2.......good stuff......

Im pleased, but its Dinamo Tblisi......We still got some work to do before the bigger games I think...

Archived