Phantis Forums

juve-olympiakos

proedros

re paidia na kano mia erotisi esto kai eteroxronismeni.....

i la corounia pou efage okto mesa sti monaco (monaco kai oxi juventus )ti na pei....????

mipos prepei na dialithei ki ayti opos lete gia to thrilo?????

giati tosos ntoros diladi>???i mipos o olympiakos i aek i o pao ginane megales eyropaikes omades kai prepei na kerdizoun mesa sto ntele alpi kai to mpernampeou,.....

na sobareytoume ligaki.....epitelous stin ellada......

Me tin moni diafora oti n 8ara tis LaCorunia itan mia kakia nyta mias megalis Omadas pou tha synexisei na paizei kali mpalla kai tha anakapsei (idi anekampse).

An eseis paixete alla 80 match stn Eurwpi tha fate alles 10 7ares! Kai den to lew mono gia ton Olympiako. Oloi s**** t apigame fetos akoma kai oi vazeloi pou to eswsan pros to telos me antipalous tous pethamenous tous Scotsezous! Alla mono eseis eiste arketa allazones gia na petate akoma sta synefa...

Ante re... Kai ton mai tha einai wraia me to 8o ston Peraia. Me antipalous tin Misi Perifereia Peiraiws stin A Ethniki ekei prepei na paei h Koupe timis eneken! ;)

..... akoma kai oi vazeloi pou to eswsan pros to telos me antipalous tous pethamenous tous Scotsezous! Alla mono eseis eiste arketa allazones gia na petate akoma sta synefa...

Ante re... Kai ton mai tha einai wraia me to 8o ston Peraia. Me antipalous tin Misi Perifereia Peiraiws stin A Ethniki ekei prepei na paei h Koupe timis eneken!

He compared Deportivo's general performance with Olympiakos'

He compared a specific result against another and asked

Why is one result deemed to be so bad and the other is not?

He received the answer:

- OSFP supporters are different, presumably lacking in some important quality, from the supporters of Deportivo,

- OSFP deserves by its nature to lose by big scores, Deportivo does not; the future results will demonstrate the inherent difference, and

- the championship, should OSFP win it, is not worth much because .....

And I have to confess that I did not expect an essay but a modest attempt to answer the question asked. Unless, of course,

- the question does not merit an answer or

- the OSFP supporters do not, by their nature, deserve an answer whatever the merits of the question.

Well, thanks for the "compliment" but do consider that:

- Truth requires effort, the rest can be stated with brillant and blinding clarity.

- The selective reading of events, speech, or writings can be made to prove whatever certainties our minds harbor. But what is the residual value of a mind that refuses to observe, consider the possibility of error, understand, and learn?

Beyond, that is, the value resting on its ability to repeat the slogans reflecting the eternal truths it already knows?

My God! Look at what you make me do! And this is a soccer forum!!!!

- Truth requires effort, the rest can be stated with brillant and blinding clarity.

How convenient is it to have a selective memory in speaking the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth when we speak of the "slaughter of the lambs"?

Funny enough, your statements have a strong reminisance of those of the Bush administration.

Savour your "glorious" league titles. Savour them because it's all you've got.

I wont go into details abi..

Both because despite Olympiakos recently topped them all, we ALL have dirt in our nest (direct translation of the Greek Proverb), and because it would take us a long time analysing things.

The truth is that I do not have proof that Olympiakos has the FA, the EPAE and the Refs Association under their influence. But we could start from events like the 2 yrs without a red card (Luciano had to step on a Proodeftiki Player to get one) and work ourselves through to today (when, my dear friend Evergreen besides the last game in Rizoupoli we might also find PAO at a worst final count of silly ref calls far beyond human error.).

But I am not a man to keep record of each and every incident in order to fight with my red friends. I do observe things however, and based on my little knowledge on footbal I can honestly say that not us (AEK) but Certainly smaller clubs HAVE a reason to believe the Greek Footbalkling System is as rotten as Footballing Systems come.

Now, my friends attempt to equalise cases and his call for maturity using the Deportivo example can only bring an ironic laugh to my face.

I am not exactly evading your selective (as Evergreen correctly - IMO - pointed out) points. I just think that a discussion on this would only be productive if the Triantafyllopoulos tapes were pursued and "Theios" was procecuted, etc etc...

From that point onwards. I can only wish you happy 8th title and better adjustment to the sort of destructions Great European teams suffer. This is the closer you will get to resemblance to them.

Now, on the other side of the coin I have to admit that Kokkalis' plan IS clearer. I honestly do expect that after the accademies all over Greece an dthe new Karaiskaki and Renti, Olympiakos might also be mature and ready to release their hold on things. They have created the infrastructure to make it in the Big Boys World. I sincerelly hope you will for the sake of Greek Football. But dont ask me to accept that Mr. Spathas is something I should accept just because noone has the @@ to shed light on their actions.

1) Reasonable people do not unnecessarily enlarge the topic of discussion unless they wish to ensure that no semblance of closure will ever be reached.

2) The question again was:

Why are two specific results treated differently?

The answer, such as I understood it, was

Because OSFP is not Deportivo and OSFP fans deserve special treatment. And you went on to embroider. Some of the embroiderings appear to be specious such as:

- That many teams in the championship are around the port. A quick check on this year's results would show that OSFP dropped 7 points. Three against Proodeftiki (#15 with a single win!), two against Ionikos (#11), two against PAO (#2). The available data not only do not support your claim, if they show anything, it is the opposite of what was asserted. I cannot comprehend why you would willingly walk into this buzz saw and I am wavering between two theories. One is that you did it on purpose so that poor , to be pitied, OSFP fans will have something to hold on. The other is that your critical faculties have been overcome by the persistent anti-OSFP chants. If there is a third, please let me know.

- The legitimacy of the complaints by small clubs.

However legitimate the complaints, they are irrelevant to the issue. The bottom line year after year is the relative positions of the clubs. OSFP edged PAO last year and AEK one before. As a result, each and every call that gave one team points it did not deserve (or denied another points it did) determined the champion. PAOK could conceivably claim that under different conditions it, as well, could have a shot at the title. Therefore the point is not if OSFP had preferential treatment over Akratitos but if OSFP had preferential treatment over PAO, AEK, or PAOK. And that will not be shown by the specious statistics, often based on questionable and contrived "facts", that are thrown around at Phantis.

In any event, the legitimacy of complaints by small clubs within the context of what is discussed is a red herring!

So let us go back to the question asked. Why the defeat of OSFP is considered important in Greece and the Deportivo defeat a bump on the road. I would dare suggest that the status of Deportivo does not affect the relative standings of Greek clubs but the status of OSFP does.

Fair enough, if you believe that OSFP is buying the championships you would/might otherwise have won, each failure of OSFP bolsters your claim that you were robbed. But this double edge sword has another aspect:

- If the team you support was not victim of foul play, the further down you push a team that fared better, the further down you push your own, and

- let us assume for a moment that OSFP is all it is accused of, that in 2004 all games are refereed perfectly, and that PAO wins the trophy. What sort of champion will it be having finished first among a group that includes a worthless OSFP, a near-bankrupt AEK, PAOK, and Aris, several other teams included so that the total number will be sixteen, and so on and so forth. So go on, assert whatever crosses your mind about OSFP and let us watch whose nest gets fouled.

Of course, there are those who lust after their wife only when they think how ugly the neighbor's is (or will be fifty years hence) and if this is your mindset, please continue on doing whatever makes you happy.

I disagree with your approach yet again. AEK and PAO have lost over these years many more points than OSFP in Pireus and suburbs. But anyway, lets not go into these details because I dont have the time to gather tha data.

I included all the big teams as cheats including AEK and highlighted the only one Bold FACT about the red card treatment by Olympiakos at the start of this 7 title rampage. I beg you lets not start taking all these FACTS one by one to try and prove things that cannot be proved but reasonable people can se they exist!

I also deny your suggestion that I might use the "neighbours" wife ugliness to feel more sympathetic towards my own! I am gutted with the state AEK is in and I and We AEK fans show that all the time. I dont even look for excuses to the fact that Kokkalis decided to help dismantle AEK rather than build a team of his own to capture the top earlier. His perogative.

But dont sell me Fykia gia Metaxotes Kordeles with logic Statements demonstrating how my statements lack continuity! If I could make a solid argument on these issues so would the Legal System and the rotten system would be dismantled by now!

Only noone will let things surface for reasons only they know and I can just (again) try to suspect.

The fact that the US invasion of Iraq had partly intended to dominate the future of energy products in the Area (among other things ofcourse) is known and understood by anyone. Now go find "proof" and if you do go stop them! ;)

Archived