Phantis Forums

PANATHINAIKOS NEWS, 2008-09 season

Grk101

supposedly Season ticket sales have been suberb for PAO so far...

Thats good news for PAO, but it does seem like sort of a waste to go back to the old stadium for 1 year. I had read that they had to put in a new lawn, seats, press center, ect. last year.

Is Votanikos Arena still schedualed to open in 2009?

I returned from vacation to find the "Tou Botanikou o Mangas" topic closed :o

I am not sure what the reason for closing it is, but I thought it was nice to have a topic that traces all the developments over time regarding the new Panathinaikos stadium.

I think the topic should be opened since it's still pertinent.

Anyway, Panathinaikos signed a contract with the construction company Aktor for the completion of the stadium (http://www.sport.gr/default.asp?pid=4&aid=17316)

I closed the old topic since a new thread was opened here with a few posts. The old thread goes back to 2006. Now that the stadium is ready to be built maybe there isn't much new stuff..... I may be wrong.

I also changed the title to include all Panathinaikos news for the new season, 2008-09, which is more appropriate as a GENERAL thread for mix&match items.

I figured that the news about the Votanikos gipedo can be included under this thread. If you guys don't want to put your thoughts under PAO news, I'll open the old topic.

What happened to Malarz? He's not included in the squad for the OAKA game against Dynamo. He hasn't even played in friendly games...

I read now that he's complaining? Read his statements here: Malarz statements. Saying these things publically it probably means that he's history.

Did something happen that Ten Kate is pushing him out?

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know where you heard about Ten Cate telling Malartz to cut his hair.

The truth is, I saw Malartz play in one of the friendlies and he did not look good at all. There is a rumor that he will go to OFI in exchange of Tzorvas.

Athinaie: Regarding the new stadium thread, I personally prefer to be able to read all news pertaining to an important topic in one coherent threat.

It would be nice to go back and trace fans' thoughts and news related to the stadium from the begining to the end without having to be bothered with Malartz' hair don't.

Not a big deal though. We'll still be friends :P

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for that link Euro04,

it's good to piece some clues together so at least we can be better informed. So far I like Ten Cate and his no nonsense attitude. I think PAO had plenty of "player's" coaches in the last few years and it did not take us far. There is a lot of talent on this team and they need a strong personality like HTC to instill some discipline - the necessary ingredient to making them into a strong team.

Thanks for that link Euro04,

it's good to piece some clues together so at least we can be better informed. So far I like Ten Cate and his no nonsense attitude. I think PAO had plenty of "player's" coaches in the last few years and it did not take us far. There is a lot of talent on this team and they need a strong personality like HTC to instill some discipline - the necessary ingredient to making them into a strong team.

agreed.

Archived