Phantis Forums

Top 3 - Bottom 3

evalagoal

Ok Everyone tomorrow is the last day of the EURO 2008 for our National Team.

There have been MANY discussions about what's right, what's wrong, what we need to improve on etc.

I was curios to see from everyone, who do you all think were your top 3 players and who were your bottom 3.

Not really looking for detailed explanations (as everyone has seen the games) just for results w/ a one line description if you like.

I'll get it started:

MOD:dear friend, no need to shout louder than the rest of us here. Regular letters get your message across as well.

Ok Everyone tomorrow is the last day of the EURO 2008 for our National Team.

There have been MANY discussions about what's right, what's wrong, what we need to improve on etc.

I was curios to see from everyone, who do you all think were your top 3 players and who were your bottom 3.

Not really looking for detailed explanations (as everyone has seen the games) just for results w/ a one line description if you like.

I'll get it started:

Top 3:

Kyrgiakos

Karagounis

Dellas

Bottom 3

Nikopolidis

Katsouranis

Gekas

Top 3

Kyrgiakos - Solid as a rock considering who was around him

Torosidis - He tried his best even though he wasn't used to his fullest.

Karagounis - I must admit, I don't like him but he tried to do his best in the middle

Bottom 3

Basinas - Absolute crap in the middle, my 11yrd old son is more creative than he is.

Giourkas - I can't remember one good play he did in 2 games - damnshame.

Katsourasis - Benfica has really F**** with him and his "game" - we needed his play this year

BEST

1. Karagounis - worked his bollocks off!

2. Kyrgiakos - tried to save a shaky B4 himself..

3. that blondy I saw in Greece v Russia halftime (should be #1 but I respect the game :LOL: )

WORST

1. Nikopolidis - enough said! :angry:

2. Amanatidis - by far the worst forward player performance I have seen for ages..

3. Antzas - poor man was thinking what the f**k he was doing in this tournament!

Top 3

Kara - for his passion if for nothing else (just fewer yellow cards pls)

Kyriakos - rock in defense but also heart;

Torosidis - young but fights and shows tremendous promise

Bottom 3 (only 3?)

Nikopolidis - 'nuff said

Basinas - 2 passes backwards for each 1 forward

Lymbe - pisses off refs by crying everytime someone touches him

top 3

charisteas - saved the goose egg, only forward who had any chances

kyrgiakos - truly a world class player

dellas - thought he looked better than anytime I've seen him play in the past 3 years, actually looked relatively nimble at times. I dont think he is reay to move over for papasthopoulos yet

bottom 3

nikopolidis - cost us the russia game

katsouranis - our midfield is weak, but Kara set up the Charisteas goal and basinas made some decent passes so Kats get the blame, he did very little on offense or defence

amantidis -- really useless this tourney, had a couple of chances vs Spain but looked very feeble

I had gekas at #3 worst but his sacrificed his cheek fo the ethniki and was the catalyst for our first "goal" so he is spared

Top 3:

Karagounis = 1st game was poor, after that was our biggest threat.

Kygiakos = Always pretty solid.

Basinas = Passed the ball very well at times and impressed me when in a more advanced role.

Bottom 3:

Katsouranis = See Irlandos' comments on him because I simply can't improve on them.

Antzas = He's been a good servent for the NT, but it's about time he stepped aside.

Nikopolidis = A legend for us. He'll always have a place in my heart, but he always seemed vulnerable.

Bottom 3

3. Nikolpolidis : overstayed his welcome...not as smart as Zagorakis

2.Katsouranis: Part of a 3 headed Cemtral midfield that are square pegs but the hole is round...believe will help in next qualifying if asked to play more aggresive role

1.Otto: A team that played with no passion and direction...I believe his inability to look forward ( papasthopoulos,christo..ninis....makos maybe tavalaridis ) and still think for the NOW.will hurt in WCQualifying. This all fallls on the shoulders of Otto.

Top 3

3.Charisteas: We scored ...YEAH, the only forward that played all 3 and as bad as he played had at least 1 chance every game and this was with horrible midfield play. He will be Otto's target man during qualification.

2. Karagounis: On a banged up knee the guy ran ,wasted his setpieces in that portugal friendly...but the guy tries..loved it when he was telling the bench dont pull me now.

1. The FANS who trvaelled to austria and spent their hard earned money!!!!!

Archived