Phantis Forums

All related to Aris players' contracts

REY

OK, I will enlight you regarding the current situation of certain players, especially those whose contracts expire this summer:

Primary (Priorities):

1. Nacho Garcia: His contract is up in the summer 2009 and PAE already do their best to renew him up to 2013. Nacho is considered as a part of our basic trunk and irreplaceble in the central midfield (other key players of the trunk are Koke and Avraam beyond all others). Also some serious talking took place with his representative and apparently 2 parties came to an agreement (I mean: on the one side PAE, the other Nacho + his agent). He will get the increased wages and probably a release clause will be put on his contract: if I remember well around 5 millions. Nacho wants to stay, is satisfied, his wife and kids feel also good in Thes/niki, so again after the cup final only signatures and some certain details like car and these things remain to be put.

My feeling: great move

2. Javito: after recent performances especially (although even before this good period of Javito, there were some indications that he would be rather kept than let-go) expects his 2 year extension offer very soon. His agent already showed up in Thessaloniki on a couple of ocassions lately (last time last week) and negotiations and meetings with PAE passed very well. I guess some final stuffs + signatures should happen after the cup final. He will get a bit improved wages.

If you ask me whether I support this move or not, I simply say: yes

3. Ronaldo Guiaro: there are maybe a bit more than 50% of chances that he will stay for the next season, but still we can't be sure. He is 34 and also slowly started thinking about closing his career perhaps. Apparently he has 3 offers to "weights": Aris logically, another team in Europe and one team in Brazil to come back and retire there.

If you ask me: personally I would want him to stay, since many younger players can learn something from and Avraam already learnt some stuffs partnerring him in the central defense, although it is true that he dropped a level for a bit especially in the second half of the season when slowly some tiredness started catching him. But the things aren't too positive as they are with Nacho and Javito, although still satisfactory let's say.

4. Ivić: I think his contract has an option of 1 year to be extended, so probably will be exercized after the cup final.

My personal view: I would like him to stay. I like him.

5. Chalkias: he has been dragging too much as several months ago he had been offered an extension. He wants too high wages and Aris can't (or maybe even don't want) offer him what he wants nor do they probably think he deserves after some of his collapses this season. This is the first case where chances are quite negative for an extending Aris player (less than 50% chances). He will probably be let-go and will be a free agent. Obviously he has an ace in the sleeve in form of a foreign club..probably that's what stops him to stay. And also maybe he relies on the Euro 2008 too, to potentially attract someone to acquire him :rolleyes:

---------------------------------------------------------------

Secondary:

6. Koke: as a prize for his good performances/services and improvements he will get his wages increased without some extensions. His contract is up in 2011, but also some sources say that he could extend it some time in the near future up to 2013. Let's see!

7. Avraam Papadopoulos: the reason I said "secondary" is because those "primary cases" probably will/must all be solved after the cup final and in Avraam's case not necessarily immediately after, since his contract is up 'till 2009. But PAE are seriously examining the chance of an extension: some say 2, some say 3 years.

He has been a "constant" target of Athenian 2 (Panathinaikos and especially Olympiakos) and in the mix were different sums of money from 1 million to 1,7 to 2,3 mil-euros..whatever. All I know is that Skordas is not willing to sell him for less than 3,5 mills and as some sources say even 4 millions for any Greek club.

Not that much DUDE yet, since we wait for this Cup final more than anything and then we should be involved more. A few names just pop up but some of them are in the transfers topic like Papazaharias and Mihailidis. But our PAE already said that there would not be many transfers. We want to keep our team, renew our basic core, add them probably 3 or 4 men and that's it and I totally agree on that policy. Aris always changed their roster by more than 10 players in and out in the summer, so this time we need some chemistry gained sooner in the season.

When they start showing up I'll post of course! ;)

Also remember that we are not an Athenian Big 3 and our rumors are not that juicy. :LOL:

The final is finished, so some moves of extensions will take place very soon regarding the certain players like Ivić, Javito and Ronaldo, which sound positive. Chalkias only looks like negative.

1. Marco Aurelio is heading to Anorthosis apparently as PAE didn't choose to exercise his option (1+1). Personally I thought that his contract was longer like 3 years without some options, I'm not guilty 'cause I read apparently something wrong the past year or some portals misinformed, but well...

2. Marcio Amoroso said that he wants to stay and fulfil his contract regardless of whether Duško will stay or not and he will hope that he will be given some chances the next season to give a joy to the world/fans. Plus he complained that he was sad due to the fact that he hadn't made the call up list for the final.

On the other side, recent days the rumors were that this week he (and probably his agent) would be supposed to meet Skordas and talk about a resolution of his contract.

"Gia Panta Ston Aris"

Sergio Koke and Nacho Garcia extended their contracts 'till 2013 as many portals and our official site (even more important) confirm. Top moves as 2 of our basic core are kept, now all for the third (Avraam)!

1. Nacho Garcia just needs to put a pen on paper as he already agreed on everything, but before he does that, he immediately needs to travel to Bolivia to join the national team's preparations for 2 important up-coming matches for the qualifiers I guess. He even gifted that famous pen to our president Skordas by which he promises that everything is a done deal. An extension is of 4 years (from 2009-2013 or overall now 5 years- 2008-2013)

He thanks the staff and Aris for whole the confidence put in him and his personality. He feels as a part of this team since he joined it in difficult moments and now he is a part of a team in a prosperity.

Posted Image

From the official site:

http://www.arisfc.gr/index.php?SCREEN=page&PageID=658

http://www.arisfc.gr/index.php?SCREEN=page&PageID=660

2. Sergio Koke extended his contract for 2 more years (2011-2013) as he declares that he is an Arianos forever and that he wants to finish his career here. :nw: :nw: :nw: (to both of them Koke and Nacho of course)

Posted Image

http://www.arisfc.gr/index.php?SCREEN=page&PageID=659

1. PAE exercised an option of 2 year extension of Siston's contract. So he is with us up to 2010.

2. In Javito's case, they apparently came to a deal, after had existed just a small economical difference. Also probably Kontis (our sports director) will travel to Barcelona to finalize the things with Javi. Firstly everywhere was mantioned 2 years, but not sure when and where I read that even 3 years were in the mix (can't remember nor find now, but as soon as I do, and I will do, I'll come back to correct if there is something to correct)

3. Also with Ivić came an agreement for an extension after he comes back from Belgrade somewhen in the next week to extend for 2 more years.

4. Ronaldo Guiaro: apparently after things started going downhill, 2 parties came to some kind of a golden middle. Guiaro was paid 200-220.000 euros and in a 2 year extension he was offered an improved wage (somewhere around 300-330.000) and he firstly had asked around 400.000 or probably he had an offer from the "exterior" by that amount of 400, but obviously he is happy in Aris and his agent was fair, so as all shows he will extend it for 2 more years and will have a wage probably around 330.000 at most.

5. Duško doesn't want to count on Amoroso for the next season and as all shows in the next week when 2 parties (Aris and Amoroso + his agent) come to talk in our offices, his contract will be resolved, so he could be considered as past.

Ah and almost forgotten: Avraam will be also called in the next week to talk and be convinced about his future and a potential extension, but we are on a positive path to "tie" him up to 2013 as well, since he wants to be here. :)

PS. and sorry for a grammar lapse as it should be "gia panta ston Ari", not Aris as I wrote a couple of days ago, if I'm not mistaken now?! :LOL:

1. Javito is close to renew. Steaua Bucharest and their sports director Adrian Ilie denied any interest in Javito.

2. Amoroso's future still uncertain. Yet there is a possibility that he stays but under the conditions that he works harder, although I still think that chances for him to stay are 40% at most, 60 to depart. Let's see how and what Amoroso and PAE with Duško will decide. Will be interesting what Amoroso will say.

If he stays, it will be a deal between Duško and Skordas + Kontis, where either Duško will understand that we don't want to loose some serious money or Duško recognizes and considers that there is still some room in Amoroso to try and work harder to help this team..or both options. Although he is 34 and it's not easy to "improve" at that age.

Lets see.

3. And after Javito which is even hotter and sooner should happen than Avraam's case, again Avraam probably will also extend his contract up to 2013 and will complete the basic trunk existance for more years as 3rd to do a renewal after Nacho-our leader and base of midfield and Koke of the attack.

Not 100% precise but it was lower than 300.000 a year. Somewhere probably between 200 and 300 still a bit closer to 300.000 let's say.

6.000*52 = 312.000, let's say approximately 320.000 at most, which is higher than his wage at Aris.

I think the problem between Aris and Chalkias was an increasing wage which never came to be offered to him. Probably according to his appearances Aris thought that he deserved the same wage without some noticeable increase and he expected higher.

Just left to be officially announced, but a few portals already confirmed it so no necessity not to trust: Javito renewed up to 2011.

As for other players in the extension list like Ivić, Ronaldo, Avraam, everything is positive and so close to the final and desireable outcome. I would say the closest is Ivić who will do it just after he comes from Belgrade.

1. And also apparently Duško will not count on the Albanian international Kristi Vangeli any more for the next season, so he can search for another club and will only be let-go when he shows firstly an offer and wish/guarantee from that other club to our PAE.

If you ask me I'm sad, I think Vangeli deserves another shot. The young man is passionate and gets whole his heart out on pitch. Yes, sometimes error-prone, but I think there is still some room for improvement.

2. Javito is 99% done-deal. Awaiting the official announcement.

3. Also, still Ivić is awaited to respond positively as all shows he will so.

On the door out:

(2 definite so far)

1. Chalkias, left for PAOK, definite.

2. Koltsidas, retires, definite

3. Aurelio, apparently will leave for Anorthosis, even a done deal before the cup final, which made our PAE mad.

4. Vangeli, on his way out, but still no club mantioned. Not definite but probable.

5. 2 or 3 more names/people are soon about to be informed that can look for a new club, but still not defined who they are. I guess Amoroso should be one of those.

1. Not sure whether I reported somewhere, but we are about to extend also one of the "Bajević's favorite sons"- young Papazoglou probably up to 2013 again.

2. Gesios, not many of you heard of that guy, was released today. He was a part of our young forces last season. Not sure I understand why, the guy was not that bad for our second team plus he was one of my favorites. :( :huh:

3. Apparently Ivić responded positively, I guess he will come back on Thursday or Friday from Belgrade to finish off some of his extension stuffs with us. :)

"Out" List:

1. Amoroso is back from his Dubai break and now is in Brazil. Soon he will come to Thes/niki and we will propose him a contract break of the mutual consent nature where we offer him 20% of the amount of his remaining contract wages (for the season 2008/09), 'cause we will hope that it's not in his interest to stay here to warm the bench or stands for the whole next season, so he should accept it. If I remember well that is 20% of 760.000 euros. Duško doesn't want to count on him for the next season.

2. Vangeli expressed a desire to leave Aris, after he is not happy with his attendances for the last season as he hoped for even more playing time. His agent is in Germany trying to find him a club as he doesn't want to play for another Greek team. Also as previously reported here, there were some rumors that Duško doesn't want to count on him any more.

Yesterday was a meeting between Vladan Ivić and his brother Ilija with our PAE and they weren't able to agree on an extension of V. Ivić's contract. One more meeting and chance will take place at the end of this week. :unsure:

One more thing: Javito, who is supposed to extend his collaboration with my beloved team (he should have sent a copy of his contract already yesterday, if not then later today I guess he should do it), got married 2 days ago. Koke, Felipe and Calvo were the guests of the wedding and Javito will soon enjoy his honey moon.

Congrads!! :tup:

Well I'm not sure which of the 2 ladies/names (Isabel and Sophia) is his wife and which is his 3 month old daughter, but sure these are the correct names of his beloved women of the family!

Yes people, I know even these private little stuffs! :LOL:

OUT

1. Ivić is 99,9% lost case and he should be with PAOK (I don't know whether the official announcement took place there already?)

2. Stratilatis, well this is a little negative surprise to me, as he will join Levadiakos. I don't know how and why the release happened as he is a vice-champion of Europe in U-19 category with Greece last summer.

The second point is the circumstances. In these of this summer when you loose your No.1 keeper let's say and when you have your 3rd keeper as Karatziovalis is who doesn't keep for ages, then this is really an interesting move!

IN (extensions)

1. Avraam should extend his contract very soon. If I understood well, he will be called tomorrow in the offices to do that and as all shows he is very positive and the things should come out very positively for us too.

• 1 month later...

In last few days, there was a little "crisis" that concerned our captain Kostas Nebegleras who wasn't the happiest with the fact that he didn't start the Bolton match and also the fact that nobody couldn't promise him any more a starting place in our line up for further matches, asking to withdraw from Aris, which our president Skordas categorically refused. It appeared that everything calmed down and Nebe stays with the team.

*Nacho Garcia didn't agree for the third time with Labros Skordas on a contract extension. Aris give 2 mills in 5 years, Nacho says 4 years.

Archived