Phantis Forums

PAOK Transfers

DUDE

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?Conte...tenutoId=688827

Goal.com are reporting that Santos want's Porto's Adriano. Last year he was top scorer for Porto, this year he's barely played though because of Lisandro Lopez's amazing year.

This could turn out to be the buy of the year and he could fire PAOK back into UEFA Cup football! But Adriano is reported to want to stay at Porto. We'll see how this develops.

salmon and orfanos were released today....more expected to get the boot on monday.

Any news on where they could go?

@DUDE Adriano would be a brilliant signing. I'm loving the tactic Greek teams are employing of bringing in talented players that need to revitalize their careers. Sam Alladyce built a fantastic Bolton team in that manner and it seems Greek teams are following suit. Zurawski, Tumer, Koke, Zairi, Choutos, and now possibly Adriano. It's a great tactic because most these players just need a boost in confidence. With regards to Adriano for example, you don't go from Porto's top scorer 1 season to complete crap the next. The fact is Lisandro has been amazing and kept him out the team, all Adriano needs is a boost in confidence and he'll be the same player he was. PAOK should go all out to convince him to sign he could get a lot of goals for them, and it would certainly be a statement from Zagoraki about where he's aiming for the team to be.

you can add baiano to the list of former paok players.

baiano played in 20 matches for paok in the 2007-2008 season..no goals or assists, with 3 yellow cards for the defensive mid.

zagorakis, vryzas and santos continue the house cleaning.

Well a "house-cleaning" was expected but how much exactly will they spend to replace all these players? Unless they sign established players on free transfers who can they get? Imo, for PAOK to re-establish itself as a UEFA Cup chasing team the board will have to sign proven SL players that aren't getting much playing time or about to be released, even if it's just on loan... that's a cheap and near guaranteed way of finding their feet in the short term at least... players like Konstantinou, Aloneftis, Julio Cesar (AEK), Hatemaj, Eki Gonzalez, Romero, Pappas, & Tozser should be targetted.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

According to the Greek press (novasport, formerly known as supersport), PAOK may be signing Martin Lima on loan from River, as well as Konstantinou and Papadopoulo. They are also signing the 30 year old Chiliean defender, Contreras who will undergo a medical on Monday.

These will be added to those who have already signed: Halkias, Anastasakos, Ivic, Bakayoko, Vieirinia and Veron.

Some of these are great buys for what will be a new look PAOK next year. Konstantinou and Pap up front with Bakayoko off the bench will be very good imo. Maybe we'll see PAOK resurrect himself this year.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The latest signing for PAOK should be Joe Bizera. A Uruguayan defender.

Below are all of the new signings for PAOK this season:

Kostas Chalkias GK (Greece)

Marcos Antonio Elias Santos DF (Brazil)

Pablo Garcia MF (Uruguay)

Filipos Darlas DF (Greece)

Ibrahima Bakayoko FW (Ivory Coast)

Zlatan Muslimovic FW (Bosnia)

Pablo Contreras DF (Chile)

Vieirinha MF (Portugal)

Vladimir Ivic MF (Serbia)

Ricardo Veron MF (Argentina) (Was on loan last year, but official signed this year)

PAME PAOKARA :box: :box: :box:

Joe Emerson Bizera Bastos has officially signed with PAOK. Bizera is a defender who started his career with Penarol (Uruguay), and has played for Cagliari and Maccabi Tel Aviv before signing with PAOK. He has also made 23 appearance with Uruguayian National Team scoring once.

Although I have never seen this player, he seems to have a respectable track record, and a defender was definitely needed after the sale of Melisis and negotiations to bring Karypidis back fell through.

• 2 weeks later...

My friend, Mellisis was sold to PAO, not a popular decision for PAOK fans. Although PAOK was compensated well, PAOK fans loved this player.

Thought so,

I liked this player too,

My yiayia lives in a horixo called mellisis, so i always liked this player

Archived