Phantis Forums

Superleague Players

drakos13

I thought it would be nice for a topic that lists and tracks the progress of Superleague players in the Euro (the non Greek ones obviously).....

So far I know of as on the Euro 2008 site:

Galinovic (Croatia, Panathinaikos)

Ivanschitz (Austria, Panathinaikos)

Nilsson (Sweden, Panathinaikos)

Zewlakow (Poland, Olympiakos)

Murawski (Poland, AE Larisa)

I thought it would be nice for a topic that lists and tracks the progress of Superleague players in the Euro (the non Greek ones obviously).....

Macho (Austria: AEK) is also going.

Just a slight correction as that is Zurawski, I'm sure you meant that yourself too! ;)

And also it is Tumer Metin (Turkey) of Larisa (only been on loan I guess from Fenerbahce) but still he earnt his ticket to Auta & Switza by playing great for Larisa.

If I think of somebody else, I can post!

http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news;_ylt=AkoP...uters&type=lgns

Postiga got named to Portugal's 23 man Euro 2008 squad today as well. I'm pretty surprised he made it, but I doubt he'll play much given who else is on the roster.

Well Portugal don't have a particularly strong forward line so he may make a few substitution appearances. At Euro 2004 he came off the bench and scored a vital goal against England before scoring a beautiful penalty, so Scolari may consider him an impact sub...

Personally I think he's crap, but that's just me.

Personally I think he's crap, but that's just me.

thats not at all the case.

I think hes crap too. :D

Oh well like Portugal were going to win any tournament with Greece in it anyways :LOL:

Forgot about Macho, and yes its Zurawski lol my apologies...

So far weve got a decent number of players representing our league - more than I thought would anyways...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Am watching Brazil vs Canada... 87 mins gone, Brazil are 3-2 up. A couple of minutes ago AEK's Nsaliwa skipped past three Brazilians before shooting into the side netting. 4 inches to the right and it would have been one of the goals of the season! Canada have been very impressive in this game.

Xanthi's Radzinski is also playing.

Game just finished.

Am watching Brazil vs Canada... 87 mins gone, Brazil are 3-2 up. A couple of minutes ago AEK's Nsaliwa skipped past three Brazilians before shooting into the side netting. 4 inches to the right and it would have been one of the goals of the season! Canada have been very impressive in this game.

Game just finished.

:tdown:

what a game though!

good to see nsaliwa back for Canada.

If Canada play like this in WC qualifiers, they can easily qualify for the world cup out of Concacaff.

Btw i think some of Canada's players would do well in greece. Radzinski does pretty good and I think players Friend and De rosario would do good for a big club in greece. De rosario has won two mls mvps and friend was the second highest scorer in the division 2 bundesliga. Friend will be in the budensliga next year since his team Monchengladbach came first, but a move to greece would not be a step down if he came to a team that will play in the uefa cup liek aris.

Game just finished.

:tdown:

what a game though!

good to see nsaliwa back for Canada.

If Canada play like this in WC qualifiers, they can easily qualify for the world cup out of Concacaff.

Btw i think some of Canada's players would do well in greece. Radzinski does pretty good and I think players Friend and De rosario would do good for a big club in greece. De rosario has won two mls mvps and friend was the second highest scorer in the division 2 bundesliga. Friend will be in the budensliga next year since his team Monchengladbach came first, but a move to greece would not be a step down if he came to a team that will play in the uefa cup liek aris.

You're right. De Rosario could def play in Greece, I doubt he'd get into the Oly team, maybe AEK if Lybe leaves.

As for Canada qualifying, it's a possibility, but if I'm not mistaken they'll have to beat a South American team along the way in a play-off to get there. That might be hard.

No they dont Have to play a south american team. From concacaff 3 teams automatically go. The fourth team in concacaff does have to play the 5th team from south america.

De rosario is a midfielder. An attacking midfielder. Hes more like Ribo then Lybe. But ya the same thing, he would be a solid replacement for Ribo. But hes not gonna leave mls, hes got a pretty big contract in houston

Zewlakov and Ivanshitz both played 90 minutes for there countries. They both played good imo. Macho also played the whole game in net for austria. Zurawski started for Poland as captain but got subbed of at half time.

Some solid performances by the superleague players. It was proof that our league is getting much better.

Will Nillson start or see time for sweeden?

No they dont Have to play a south american team. From concacaff 3 teams automatically go. The fourth team in concacaff does have to play the 5th team from south america.

Oh ok, thanks :)

Well USA & Mexico will qualify... Canada may be the other 3rd placed team.

Zewlakov and Ivanshitz both played 90 minutes for there countries. They both played good imo. Macho also played the whole game in net for austria. Zurawski started for Poland as captain but got subbed of at half time.

Some solid performances by the superleague players. It was proof that our league is getting much better.

Will Nillson start or see time for sweeden?

Nilsson played 2 games for Sweden 90 mins i think... :huh:

so far weve also seen Macho, Ivanschitz, Zevlakov.......and today Helder Postiga will start for Portugal :LOL:

Archived