Phantis Forums

PAO-Panionios@ PLAYOFFS

athinaios

May 7th, Wednesday.

Panathinaikos - Panionios

19:00 [ET world]

We're going to meet up these guys again in a few days in Leoforos. We should take this one, but who knows.... I wish we play like we did against AEK, but we might struggle and score late.

Btw, we have to do something about conceeding late goals.

Oh, and convert more of our chances.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not enough depth for this game.

Mattos out with cards

Salpigidis, Papadopoulos, Postiga out with injuries

Spyropoulos out against Panionios

Gonzales out with mush for brains

Probably we'll see the same formation with Simao instead of Mattos and Romero instead of Papadopoulos.

Manoucho can't finish a whole game (he asked to be subbed in 85' last game) and N'doy might be in the same boat, so let's hope we can score early and often.

Well after our loss today to Aris 4-0 you guys will win today and finish the play-offs in 1st place. Thank god that they will be over so all players can stay healthy for the EURO.

ninis vasikos?????? sopa.... :o :o :o :o :o

o tziolis opos panta vasikos.. vazo stoixima oti an mporouse na ftiaksei 10 tziolides tha to ekane... oute erotas na itane!!! :P :P

we got a CRAZY gift from ARIS today......

we cant afford to not win!

as for lineup........

I like Ninis, but as a striker? :huh: I honestly think Romero would have been better here, and Ivanschitz should be starting ...... but Romero i dont disagree with and Ninis must be in the best form of his life is peseiro will actually start him.....

im kind of liking the 4-5-1

nins kara and romero and swithing around well and finding good space...we need to serve manuch alittle more though...

its good actually, it will work for PAO when you have a very capable and strong center stirker like Manucho, and good crosses coming from the wings....IMO with Ivan in there on the left could make it even stronger... but this formation wont work with Salpiggidis, Pap, Postiga etc they cant handle the lone central role, and Salpiggidis is just too short to put in it.

great move from ninis and great pass to kara...THIS IS WHAT WEVE BEEN MISSING PESEIRO!!!! DONT YOU SEE NOW???

For those not watching the game, it was just a nice long pass that landed very wide in the box. Kara stopped it, went past Maniatis and toward the centre of the box and scored from a tight angle. No need to exaggerate with Ninis who has been rather lazy so far.

PS: The kid just made a brilliant long ball to Kara btw - a true sample of his quality.

face it Peseiro was wrong about Ninis..... "hes been lazy" is ridiclous, hes had some great passes and opening up our play, and in terms of 'work ethic' if you look at #7 hes been all the way up the field and down the field today...

And his passes today have been great, very smart passes ...

And the goal was a very nice ball man, perfect to Karagkounis. It wasnt a Rui Costa splitting through the entire fields defense, but it was at least nice pass.

I know some people will be too quick to look to him as a magician, but today he really is playing well. (The last 2 games he appeared as subs he didnt play so good IMO)

I can't tell whether Pesseiro was right or wrong because I wasn't in practice but I can say that the few times that the kid played was disappointing. Today, he looks good, though, and he's been working much harder since the goal. Second goal by Kara.

Archived