Phantis Forums

New facility complex 2014

REY

Posted Image

The presidents of AS, PAE, KAE Aris in today's very important press- conference announced their plans to build a new facility complex in Thermi (for our 100th anniversary). The Kleanthis Vikelidis stadium would be changed for a new stadium of 32.000 capacity. Besides, the complex would include a modern basketball hall of 8.000 seats, also some installations for our Amateur clubs, shops and some other stuffs...

http://www.goalday.gr/article.asp?catid=10...59&pubid=980428

Sure besides goalday, other portals published some stuffs from this press too, including our official site.

Well done Skordas and company once again, for thinking 200 km per hour every day about the future of this great historic club of God of War. :nw: :tup:

That's amazing! With Greek clubs starting to do well in Europe, and with AEK, PAO, & Aris seeking to build new stadiums Greek football is really on the up! :tup:

It will also be great to see how amazing the atmosphere will be at Aris when there's a roof to help capture and carry the sound. When you consider that they are creating atmospheres like this in an open-top stadium, imagine what it could be like! A World Record could be broken :tup: :

Thats really impressive. Its good that there thinking now and hopefully they can actally get it done for their centenial. If Aris can end up doing this it will be incredible for the greek league. Big crowds will be all over the greek league. Olymipakos, Pao with their new stadium, aek, aris, paok and possibly aris. The greek league will be a power house in the 2020's :P

Our president Skordas talked to T. Papadopoulos- head-man of Thermis, the part where our complex should be located and he says there shouldn't be any problems for the final approval. Also Skordas reported to the man that he already talked to the head of ministry of financies and again was said that there should not exist any serious problems further... :)

Good to hear. A strong Aris that can give the top 3 a real challenge is a real plus for the Greek league. A new stadium is a key part of that. Hopefully PAOK will be able to pay down some of the debt and follow suit.

A few days ago we also gave our documents/papers about Nea Rusiu (our training center and space) for the confirmation/checking, since we also have the plans to build a hotel somewhere in that area! ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, I know this has no much stuff to do with our complex for 2014, but it does with our facilities, so I'll just say that some planned upgrades were finished on our training stuffs at Nea Rusiu and now we will stick to some upgrades on the Vikelidis stadium too. :)

• 1 month later...

I wish you get your stadium in time to celebrate your centenial, but things in Greece have a way of getting delayed. Since the 1980s, when PAO first moved to OAKA there were "plans" to build a new home... No one believed that the stadium would NOT be ready by 2008... Especially in the 1990s, we thought we'd get a new home well before our 100th anniversary...

I think it's important to have modern & appropriate stadia for all the major teams, because this elevates the sport and makes it easier for fans to attend... that is, if the venue is used for all the people to go and enjoy a game, instead of a few hundred hooligans whose only interest is mayhem.

Good luck. :tup:

Yes, true.

I also understand that Skordas took quite a decent piece of meat to chew and that it won't be everything that easy as he expects in his excitement and delirium about the project nowadays...but I'll be patient. Something should fruit in the mid of 2010s (or later). Let's see. ;)

...although now it is slowed down for a bit compared to the period of a month or 2 ago, when everything was indeed a real delirium amongst fans and management.

Archived