Phantis Forums

Aris - Panathinaikos

MadBoy13

I dont want to hear anybody telling me what a great coach Peseiro is.

This is auwful what he produced today.

:tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown:

Especial when he states after the game that if a team had to be the winner in this game it had to be PAO. What is this dude smoking?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hes just a very very stupid man

btw AEK 5 Panionios 0...... I think our playoffs are as good as finished, theres no way well beat AEK twice (and actually win games against AEL, Panionios and Aris again really not that likley either)

I can honestly see this team going to 4th...

kostenoglou is 1000 times better coach than loser peseiro... kai o kostenoglou einai i proti tou omada... AEK plays such an attacking football.. that kind of football i like to see..

on a more positive note, i am happy that pap has been showing some spirit recently..at the beginning of the year he was poor but hes started to pick it up...he has been working real hard every time he sets foot on the pitch..too bad manucho was garbage today, outside of the box he is completely lost..good technical ability but he lacks alot of experience..he did come from the angolan league but he has shown that he has ALOT to learn about european football..his attitude was very poor today as well...

I think some of us need to find out which clubs are in the playoffs... As for Kostenoglou, to judge a manager after 8 games with someone else's team is ridiculous to say the least. I have no doubt that Malesani, Munoz or Peseiro know way more about football than any fan ever could. And I have no doubt that they know more than Kostenoglou. So maybe we need to pause for a moment and think why guys like these fail at PAO. It can't ALWAYS be the manager - it's just logically and statistically impossible. This, of course, is not to imply that Peseiro did not surprise me in a very unpleasant manner today. But, as long as I 'm not in training and until I get my diploma and manage a top club, I 'll just judge the result and not the methodology (namely the formation and the lineup). And the result has been clearly awful in the last douple of months - that should be enough.

However, it's not just Peseiro's fault - it's certainly not his fault that our highly rated players missed all those chances in Crete. Pap, Salpi and Iv make 800.000 a year each - a total of 2.400.000 a year and they couldn't convert ONE of those unbelievable one-on-ones in the first 20 mins. How many games in a row must Iv play in order to score? What has Equi offered in the six months he is fit to behave like that? 15 mins vs PAOK and the friendly vs Kalamaria? What about Pap? He needs a new contract and suddenly he runs around the pitch like a mad dog. Even Ninis sucked every time he played. PAO is the only club in the whole world where every player must start every game and never get subbed in order to perform. Why would that be? Oh yes,because it's ALWAYS the manager's fault at the end of the day. We bitch and bitch some more about them but when the time comes Tziger don't you dare not give Pap the money he wants! Konstantinou was a palto (he wasn't of course but he wasn't worth 3 million either) but when he went to OSFP the fans wept for the great loss. Enough is enough... We need someone in the locker room who can show everyone who the boss is. This has been Peseiro's biggest failure alongside the fact that he changed his tactics to satisfy the newspapers and the fans.

I watched the game on tape because I had to work. It killed me to try to avoid any sports news from Greece. Man, when I first came to the US (cough in the pre-internet years) I used to get the newspaper "Balla" in the mail a week after the games so I could find out what happened. Now I can't avoid information even when I try to :blink:

Well, I made it back from work and I thought for sure it was going to be a good game. I guess I don't feel as strongly about some of the players everyone complains when they don't play, so I did not mind the lineup. Silly me, I even thought, they do blood tests. Maybe some players are getting tired since it's the end of the season and they only played three days ago. Who wants to see Salpi get a muscle pull in a game like this.

I thought there was a reasoning to it: Ivan has been pretty bad (and might be talking with the akatanomastous), Gonzales I have given up on long ago, Spyropoulos has been good offensively and Vintra better than Spyropoulos defensively, so I was actually looking forward to see Spyro get some good runs down the left without the worry to return too far back. Aris has a weakness on their fullbacks so I was not surprised to see Romero on the right even though I could have told Peseiro that Romero has played exactly maybe two good games in his whole tenure with PAO. Mattos-Tziolis I like. It helps us press high, and allows our team to get away from the eight-year-double-defense-line in front of our goal and a long ball prayer. You guys keep complaining every time Tziolis has an errant pass, but if Papa had not missed that freaking penalty in Karaiskaki, and if Ivanschitz had nailed a couple of goals at Ofi a few errant passes from the others who do their job on the pitch would not have been an issue.

To be honest, it's not even original any more. It's a desease. PAO fans hate all our DMs. I remember going to the stadium and listening to everyone whining every time Livathinos or Maragos touched the ball. Basinas? he was not immune (ok Biscan and Conceicao were really horrible). Did we ever have a DM the fans liked? I think Mattos might be it for now, but I can see fans being suspicious about him too "he plays so well to drive us crazy because we can't boo him" :LOL:

I think Panathinaikos needs to invent a formation with only wingers who can dribble and nothing else. That will be fun to watch.

Postiga-Manoucho? Heck, everyone here bitched and moaned why Peseiro was not putting in the superstars when they first came. As soon as they played a couple of games and we realized they are not Eto and C. Ronaldo suddently Peseiro is an idiot again :rolleyes:

This game was a cure for insomniacs. It was obvious to me that the clubs treat this as a chance to play some friendly games, make a few bucks, and help those who have trouble sleeping at night. I sleep well, but I recorded the game in case I go through one of these nights when you turn and turn and you can't sleep.

Now if we beat AEK we can look forward to more whacky formations.

After the game, I had to go back to read the lineup again to confirm that Romero, and Spyropoulos were actually on the pitch. Manoucho proved that Africa cup is no measure for what a player is capable of doing. Most of the time he did not know where he was. He seemed to be on the wrong side of the formation. Sariegi won every personal contest, but botched at least three offside traps that we were lucky not to pay for.

PS. I told you Daniil, Anastasiadis, Markarian, Bake, Munoz, Malezani, and Peseiro sucked :LOL:

shhhhhh, Lemonis is available...

I think some of us need to find out which clubs are in the playoffs... As for Kostenoglou, to judge a manager after 8 games with someone else's team is ridiculous to say the least. I have no doubt that Malesani, Munoz or Peseiro know way more about football than any fan ever could. And I have no doubt that they know more than Kostenoglou. So maybe we need to pause for a moment and think why guys like these fail at PAO. It can't ALWAYS be the manager - it's just logically and statistically impossible. This, of course, is not to imply that Peseiro did not surprise me in a very unpleasant manner today. But, as long as I 'm not in training and until I get my diploma and manage a top club, I 'll just judge the result and not the methodology (namely the formation and the lineup). And the result has been clearly awful in the last douple of months - that should be enough.

However, it's not just Peseiro's fault - it's certainly not his fault that our highly rated players missed all those chances in Crete. Pap, Salpi and Iv make 800.000 a year each - a total of 2.400.000 a year and they couldn't convert ONE of those unbelievable one-on-ones in the first 20 mins. How many games in a row must Iv play in order to score? What has Equi offered in the six months he is fit to behave like that? 15 mins vs PAOK and the friendly vs Kalamaria? What about Pap? He needs a new contract and suddenly he runs around the pitch like a mad dog. Even Ninis sucked every time he played. PAO is the only club in the whole world where every player must start every game and never get subbed in order to perform. Why would that be? Oh yes,because it's ALWAYS the manager's fault at the end of the day. We bitch and bitch some more about them but when the time comes Tziger don't you dare not give Pap the money he wants! Konstantinou was a palto (he wasn't of course but he wasn't worth 3 million either) but when he went to OSFP the fans wept for the great loss. Enough is enough... We need someone in the locker room who can show everyone who the boss is. This has been Peseiro's biggest failure alongside the fact that he changed his tactics to satisfy the newspapers and the fans.

Dude are you aware what you are saying?

You are bitching around about Salpi who has scored 16 times i think in SL and some more in UEFA and CUP

Well you cant ask from a player to keep scoring when he is most of the time trying to defend cause his coach playes such defensive football.What can he do when he runs like mad from defense to offense every time. A striker isnt ment to defend he is ment to be upfront.

What do you expect from Ivanschitz when every time he has one great game he gets replaced and next game mostrly he doesnt even start. What motivation should this player have to play again? Same with Pap in the last months. He was mostly the first player to be replaced even when he was our best player. About Eki i dont like his behaviour either but with Teseiro i can understand him.

Dont ever ever again say Ninis didnt play good in th e games he started.

Well let me think ah yes the only one he started from beggining was against Larisa. Ah yes he made an assist for one of the goals and made more kathetes passes than the team had in the whole season and great crosses. The rest of his playing time was 8 mins against oly in the first game to the end and some replacements in the 85th minute.

Dont talk to me about Peseiro beeing the one who is training the team and knowing better. It could be that he really knows better but if it where so he would have the dignity to say that PAO should have lost yesterday and that we (He especially) sucked yesterday but instead he stated that if one team had to win the game yesterday it was PAO. Come on.

Did you notice the startup 11 yesterday? this was indeed coaching mastery!!! :LOL:

He started with almost all players who will be leaving us next season.

Lets see :

1: Vyntra seems to have offer from Hanover96

2: Romero goes back to Himnasia

3:Postiga is returnng to Porto

4: Manucho probaby going to ManU. (makari na paei kai na min ksanagirisi)

ok lets beginn with our Strikers : They never played together for a complete game.

Absolutely no gelling between those 2. Both seemed lost on the court.

in Midfield he takes our best DM out. Instead of replacing Tzioli with Kara he takes Matos out. Instead of putting Spyropoulos back to defense and replacing Vyntra with Ivanschitz he takes Spyro out and puts Simao in to play winger.

If you like his great coaching abilities GreenTitus i recommend you not to get a coaching diploma. Better get yourself a team and get Teseiro as your coach .

PS: read my post about the summer transfers . Teseiro even managed to get Malartz who got a 5 year contract with PAO to want to leave.

Just to refresh your memory. Malartz started this season as our goalie number 1 and

made great appearances until Teseiro had to replace him for the Roteision.

Malartz last year best goalie in greece.

Ninis has been rewarded several times this year from several institutions in greece and Europe. Sits on the bench

Dimoutsos one of our best players in first round of SL isnt even on the bench.

Tsoglani,

No man, of course I don't know what I 'm saying. I 'm sure you do. But you certainly don't know what I 'm saying. I never said Peseiro is a great manager or that I liked his tactics at Vikelidis. I 'm discussing the deeper attitude problem we have at this club. And I 'm only bitching about the bitching (including yours). Keep looking at the tree when the whole forest is burning and it doesn't matter how many millions we spend on transfers in the summer. As for all those guys you mention, you can have your opinion - I have mine and I don't think Malarz, for example, is better than Gali; on the contrary he was a very bad signing imo, as he had only one good season at Xanthi and before that he wouldn't even start for a club nobody knows. But if you think that fielding an all-offensive team against Aris at Vikelidis would work or that forwards don't have to defend (!!) I suggest you take a good look at the biggest clubs in the game and tell me what you see. Aris had one real chance in 90 mins when they had like 15 against OSFP. With Ninis and Iv on the lineup you can't have that - and I suspect you don't remember that Venetidis looked like Roberto Carlos against the kid at Leoforos. I want him more involved but this was not a good season for him. The future is his though. Can we move on to the real issues and focus on PAO rather than on individual players who have offered very little to be considered heroes?

PS: I 've had my share of diplomas, I 'm not after a coaching one!

PS: Oh, and if you really need to go back to old posts, I suggest you take another good look at what I was saying and what you were saying about Manucho. I think you are way too quick to judge every time.

Tsoglani,

No man, of course I don't know what I 'm saying. I 'm sure you do. But you certainly don't know what I 'm saying. I never said Peseiro is a great manager or that I liked his tactics at Vikelidis. I 'm discussing the deeper attitude problem we have at this club. And I 'm only bitching about the bitching (including yours). Keep looking at the tree when the whole forest is burning and it doesn't matter how many millions we spend on transfers in the summer. As for all those guys you mention, you can have your opinion - I have mine and I don't think Malarz, for example, is better than Gali; on the contrary he was a very bad signing imo, as he had only one good season at Xanthi and before that he wouldn't even start for a club nobody knows. But if you think that fielding an all-offensive team against Aris at Vikelidis would work or that forwards don't have to defend (!!) I suggest you take a good look at the biggest clubs in the game and tell me what you see. Aris had one real chance in 90 mins when they had like 15 against OSFP. With Ninis and Iv on the lineup you can't have that - and I suspect you don't remember that Venetidis looked like Roberto Carlos against the kid at Leoforos. I want him more involved but this was not a good season for him. The future is his though. Can we move on to the real issues and focus on PAO rather than on individual players who have offered very little to be considered heroes?

PS: I 've had my share of diplomas, I 'm not after a coaching one!

PS: Oh, and if you really need to go back to old posts, I suggest you take another good look at what I was saying and what you were saying about Manucho. I think you are way too quick to judge every time.

About Manucho i didn say in my last post that he is a bad player.

I said though that i doesn make sense to field a player who deffinitely seems not to be in our Team next season and who has played overal 2 games with the team .

I also said that he doesnt gell with Postiga since they havent played very much together. He played way better as soon as Pap came in the team.

ANd before you come up with PAP and that i was bitching about him which i definitely was i answer only that i only appreciate it when i see that he really gives 100%

:tup:

@ Tsoglani, you said about Manucho "makari na fygei kai na min ksanagyrisei", which is basically saying he's a bad player.

Sorry but I agree with everything GreenTitus has said. There is an underlying problem at PAO, it's not just the manager.

:tup:

@ Tsoglani, you said about Manucho "makari na fygei kai na min ksanagyrisei", which is basically saying he's a bad player.

Sorry but I agree with everything GreenTitus has said. There is an underlying problem at PAO, it's not just the manager.

Na figi kai na min ksanagirisi giati tis m*****es pou kanei kai gia ton charaktira tou oxi gia to ean kserei kali bala i oxi.

there are underlying problems, but the manager has been a big one too....

His approaches to the game have been, absolutley outrageously stupid and inneffective, and when have gotten results from most games we relied on a set peice or penalty...

Things like:

You cant start 4 defenders and 3 DM in a home game vs Panionios when all games are must win..

Yesterday our MIDFIELD was:

Spyropoulos- Mattos - Tziolis - Romero

Every game our midfield lineup is intentionally weaker and weaker..... We dont put any offensive talent out there, while we have it available in players like Ivanschitz (who makes such a huge difference for our offense EVERY GAME), Ninis (who still wont get a fair chance why exactly, hes a huge talent and were playing losers in the midfield and we "cant find the room" on the squad to EVER give him playing time - thats just plain nonsense.......not even Karagkounis was playing....we went out to a game we need to win with a defender, 2 DM, and a 3rd backup winger... and not to mention Salpi and Pap on the benhc (Pap has been improving and played well last game, Salpi is our leading scorer)

As for OFI, the man was so godamn stupid dont get me started......titus says its the players fault for not scoring- we were playing beautifuly early on just unlucky - the goal WOULD come........then we struggle a bit with stupid penalties and crap, and Peseiro at half takes out our most productive player and no suprise, we stop making chances, and we concede two more....

You dont take Ivanschitz out when you need 2 goals - you PUT HIM IN! You never destroy something that is working in the midfield because of unlucky finishing! So stupid to blame the players! there were a billion scenarios like this like vs Kalamarias a while ago when the team was playing miserable and he takes out Eki while hes the best player on the field and lets Tziolis stay in..... too many scenarios to list, Peseiro is definitly a moron of a coach when it comes to the actual matchdays, lineups, subs, hes simply an idiot, and leading us to 4th place as of now !

there are underlying problems, but the manager has been a big one too....

His approaches to the game have been, absolutley outrageously stupid and inneffective, and when have gotten results from most games we relied on a set peice or penalty...

Things like:

You cant start 4 defenders and 3 DM in a home game vs Panionios when all games are must win..

Yesterday our MIDFIELD was:

Spyropoulos- Mattos - Tziolis - Romero

Every game our midfield lineup is intentionally weaker and weaker..... We dont put any offensive talent out there, while we have it available in players like Ivanschitz (who makes such a huge difference for our offense EVERY GAME), Ninis (who still wont get a fair chance why exactly, hes a huge talent and were playing losers in the midfield and we "cant find the room" on the squad to EVER give him playing time - thats just plain nonsense.......not even Karagkounis was playing....we went out to a game we need to win with a defender, 2 DM, and a 3rd backup winger... and not to mention Salpi and Pap on the benhc (Pap has been improving and played well last game, Salpi is our leading scorer)

As for OFI, the man was so godamn stupid dont get me started......titus says its the players fault for not scoring- we were playing beautifuly early on just unlucky - the goal WOULD come........then we struggle a bit with stupid penalties and crap, and Peseiro at half takes out our most productive player and no suprise, we stop making chances, and we concede two more....

You dont take Ivanschitz out when you need 2 goals - you PUT HIM IN! You never destroy something that is working in the midfield because of unlucky finishing! So stupid to blame the players! there were a billion scenarios like this like vs Kalamarias a while ago when the team was playing miserable and he takes out Eki while hes the best player on the field and lets Tziolis stay in..... too many scenarios to list, Peseiro is definitly a moron of a coach when it comes to the actual matchdays, lineups, subs, hes simply an idiot, and leading us to 4th place as of now !

Pesta aderfe Drako

:nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw:

re si mipos o teseiro eine kanenas valtos tromokratis tis Alkaida kai paei na mas tin kanei? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

re si mipos o teseiro eine kanenas valtos tromokratis tis Alkaida kai paei na mas tin kanei? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

tote giati den paei MLS o karagkozis <_<

omws paidia ema8a SHMERA oti vrhkame ton portogallo sth SAOYDIKH ARAVIA (yes I was not paying attention)

Are you f**** serious??! What the hell are we getting coaches from the Ibn Saud league !??

Honestly cant we at least raid a 3rd world countrys league that can PLAY FOOTBALL?!

How about Romania, Ukraine, or Russia? Rather have the Steaua coach! Or why dont we go take some of the ridiculous amount of talent in those leagues ever??? Anybody see Zenit play today? good team, a bit lucky but defense solid, and some great chances to win....

as for Athinaios question: Pap cant shoot penalties.......been saying this since ARTMEDIA in the fall, and was I right? Yeah as we had a whole first team of PK takers in Karaiskaki and we let PAPADOPOULOS OUT OF FORM take it..... Was I a psychic to know he would miss?

Drakos, I've been going back and forth regarding Pap and whehter he should be with us. I wanted him resigned, then he didn't play good, now he's trying.... maybe his contract is up :whistle:

If the goalie just falls to his right, most certainly Pap's shot will bounc off him. I'm not talking jumping or doing anything acrobatic! Just fall, and the ball will be there! that's how bad Pap's penalty kicks are.

On the other hand, you can say (only for the Aris game) he won the penalty with some great acting. [i saw it once, so I may be wrong, but I didn't think it was a PK)

On the other hand, you can say (only for the Aris game) he won the penalty with some great acting. [i saw it once, so I may be wrong, but I didn't think it was a PK)

No man that was a clear penalty.....definitly not acting, clear contact and Pap was actually going to have space and posession in the box before he got cut down... fair call, and lucky for PAO that Aris defenders were so careless

Archived