Phantis Forums

Aris Playoff matches 2008

REY

-Yesterday Spaniards came back to Thes/niki after "short holidays" spent in spain and today should continue their trainings.

-Also the same is with Ivić and Kelemen.

-Ronaldo comes back tomorrow

-Kouloucheris is expected to fill in a blank position after Ronaldo is punished.

-Felipe and Aurelio excluded from the list of the available players for this match due to their slight injuries

-Amoroso back

OK this is the shape I see our line up for tomorrow's game:

----------------------Kelemen--------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------

Neto------Avraam-----------Kouloucheris--Karabelas

-----------Jahić--------------Siston---------------------

-------------------Nacho Garcia------------------------

------Javito--------------------------Amoroso---------

-------------------Koke---------------------------------

1. Nebegleras could be benched and rested, so Siston instead who had just a slight injury but still more or less fresher as he missed a couple of last matches and had some time to rest as well and regroup

2. Nacho rested in the last match, so this one he could start. Similar is with Jahić. Also I don't exclude if Ivić or at some hopeful estimations Gentil to start as a dekari and then Nacho moves onto DM

3. I'll put Javito, again didn't play the last match, could start this one. Calvo to come on later on or even vice versa: himself to start...we will see

4. Amoroso finally to start after his slight injury and shape problems. A perfect chance for him to start this "friendly" and show that many things are fine and show us that he deserves to stay for the summer

5. Koke scored 3 goals in last 4 matches, so I predict that he starts and scores in this one too.

6. Sure, it won't be easy to (exactly) guess our line up correctly, since we kissed a goodbye to the Champions league and now all Duško can promise to do is: experimenting and mixing something and the same time resting some people and playing others a match after match, and get them all ready for the crucial Cup final.

Well, Panionios - Aris 1:0 (Kumordzi)

I purchased this game, but better didn't so, as this was a friendly and Aris were bad overall. Very little amount of good minutes, but also Bajević experimented for a bit and put some new faces, as our play off hopes died after that Papadopoulos' penalty in the match with PAO.

But you never know. That's why some wise people say "never give up". A win over PAO and Panionios, with a potential victory of PAO over AEK like happened today, would mean our 9 points and who knows: the Champs league wouldn't be too far...nah, now all these is just a wishful thinking! :rolleyes:

Javito active/agile and good with again some finishing problems as it has been always his cancer. Also Jahić good, but I liked Javito in specific (recent matches, not just this one)

Kinda expected an Aris win here ... but then again the most plausible outcome was to see Panionios and Aris in the UEFA Cup (don't get me wrong, I don't mean that in a demeaning way), so Aris most probably didn't play like they would have normally, with something/more at stake...

In the post-match conference Bajević was complaining on the game approach and indifference of some players or the team overall and he needs to do something on training and talking to his players in order to try and stop it.

WOW, if we had taken these playoffs more seriously and with some more luck, the way how things go especially after PAO thrashed AEK, we could have been some contenders for the Champs league, but now...

Genome, I understand that about Aris and UEFA Cup, don't worry. ;)

Injury List:

1. Neto(I guess should be ready for the cup final)

2. Siston (light injury)

3. Amoroso (probably resting reasons, but I really don't know why Bajević missed him out...as just said, probably he wants him ready for the next match and even to rest him now and then before the cup final, as the guy never seems to be fit and 100% ready)

Ban List:

1. Avraam Papadopoulos (first of 2 matches to miss due to 7 yellows. The other one is away at PAO)

AEK vs. Aris 1:0 (Lymberopoulos).

I know we weren't that bad, but again no matter what the nature of match is whether almost a friendly character or competitive, whether the team plays good or not: this team, when loosing, always does it like 1:0 with again some concedes that I don't like by any means and the way how this team can't respond to anything whether it concedes first in 50th minute or 80th, whenever...I wish sometimes we can loose 3:1 or get thrashed and experience some wake-up call and bounce back and win sometimes 3:1. I would enjoy more. Yes riskier game with more scores and no matter that we would have even some more concedes, I could live with it easier.

Then, over-tacticizing, generally the old-fashion approach to the game by Bajević although we have a modern roster with many speedy Gonzalezes in it, the way how we can't score, the way how we never try some purer 4-4-2 version...

OK, we prepare for the cup, but I gradually started to loose patience and absolutely would have nothing against if PAO picked him up in the summer. I swear, I wouldn't cry any loud!

I don't mind Amoroso or Papazoglou to partner Koke, but also let's not forget that last 2 are not always fit enough, so this also may be a reason why we keep seeing 4-3-3 recently.

Tomorrow we host AEK at Vikelidis and let me update the certain lists for this match:

Injury list:

1. Neto (very probably out, but good news is that he will be ready for the cup final)

...then some slight injuries:

2. Siston (getting fit, probably Duško will keep him out for this game)

3. Similar is with Papazoglou.

4. Ivić is fine after that momental injury away at AEK. Again very big posibilities are that Bajević rests him

Ban list:

1. Papadopoulos (misses the match due to his yellow cards punishment)

Yes 4:0 (Nebegleras, Javito 2x, Koke), what a football lesson to AEK who more or less don't care too much in these play offs unfortunately for them and their Champs league chances for the next season.

All Ariani great on the pitch...Javito, Koke, Nacho, Vangeli exceptional! :nw:

Injury list:

1. Darcy Neto (recovering from his injury. Should be ready for the Cup final, at least for the bench)

Ban list:

2. Avraam Papadopoulos (second and last match to miss after his 7 yellow card-ban)

Rehabilitation list:

3. Vladan Ivić (will stay in Salonika to rest for the Cup final)

4. Javito (similar)

Return:

1. Siston (after his light injury)

*These players are called up for the PAO match (seen on our official site and also goalday.gr):

Sure, I know what you are talking about: Greek Cup, key players resting, rotation, last match of PAO there, their Champions league hopes again...

He is my line up:

------------------------Kelemen-----------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------

Vangeli--------Ronaldo--------Kouloucheris----Karabelas

----------------------------------------------------- (Aurelio)

------------------Jahić--------------------Siston------------

------------------------------Gentil--------------------------

---------Calvo-----------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------Felipe--------------------

--------------------Amoroso---------------------------------

PAO vs. Aris 3:1 (Karagounis x2, N'Doye - Thiago). OK, it's not that I cared too much, but we had solid first half and then our defense let us down completely in the second. Good atmosphere BTW.

The biggest concern is an injury of Nacho. Not sure how big his chances are for the cup final! :unsure:

These players played for Aris (4-4-2): Chalkias, Vangeli, Ronaldo, Kouloucheris, Aurelio, Jahić, Prittas, Siston, Thiago, Koke, Felipe.

Yet played off the bench: Nacho, Calvo, Papazoglou

Yes indeed the match was "friendly" and it finished 3:3. Aris improved their game in the second half but our defense was tragic overall. That was the last home match of our legend Koltsidas and probably officially last if something spectacular doesn't happen with our central defense just before or during the cup final, who has been with the club for 15 years although it was his mistake in the last concede, but no problem.

Also the crowd asked him to execute the penalty I guess :D but himself the manga as always saluted back the fans and let Amoroso do it.

Highlights:

Archived