Phantis Forums

Pesseiro's future

athinaios

Well, losing 4-1 to OFI and basically chocking (again) in the final effort, it's time for the club to do what it does annually around this time.... and look for another coach.

So, I say Pesseiro is gone after the last game is played if not sooner.... It could be sooner too, because we probably lose the next 2 games too!

Your thoughts?

PS>I won't tire to say it: there's a sick internal culture. Unless it changes (and this can't happen until Tzigger and his managers go), no coach can lift this club.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i also hope pes gets the boot!

but this not his fault(loss today)

it is goumas-especialy morris(pure s. once again)- ga.inovic(4th string goalie at most at any b-division side in the top 5-6 euro leagues!- vyntra- spyropoulos(pure shiite in terms of value)- tsiolis .

ps! the tsiolis and vyntra comments have been removed cause they are not even worthy of even the worst words!

next year :gr: :tup: :tup:

this loss, is not "his fault" but he made huge mistakes in responding to this 2-1. We missed great chances, got a fake PK on us to go down, and thats not all Pesiero's fault. But he failed to react correctly to it.

Taking out Ivanschitz, was not just a mistake, but downright stupid.

4-3-3- was incredibly stupid, and we lost control of the midfield. That resulted in more time on the ball for OFI, and they had strength going forward on our weak defense which they exploited twice more...

We really do struggle so much when Ivan is not on the field, its not a coincidence. He can pass, he brings order and transition to our play with the ball.

The team's current formation was finding space but just not finishing chances. If anything we could have just replaced Tziolis with Eki at half and have an attacking minded 4-4-2 with Ivan-Kara wide and Mattos holding it down...

And my bet:

Peseiro I think will agree to leave this week after the following 2 games.

The coach can be judged on several separate things. Unfortunately, the fans usually see two: if he plays their "favorite" players, and if he makes substitutes at a moment of their liking (and if he puts in their favorite players.

Fans usually remember the last game or two, and don't really put things in perspective.

Anazlyzing all the things that Peseiro has done right would be a waste of time at this moment. His future does not depend any longer on his actual performance.

He looks like a burned man. And it's not his fault. He seems to have lost control of his players late in the season. The team worked like a clockwork until Gonzales returned, and once the fans began chanting Ninis' name.

If you ever work with groups of people, and if you ever get to a point to be leading a group of people you know that one or two within the group can change the chemistry for the better or worst. I don't mean to say that it's all Gonzales' fault, but I think he has as much responsibility as the anyone for the late season collapse.

Peseiro took a team that could not exchange more than three passes, a team that played most of the game behind center field, and a team that had a horrid defense, and turned them into contenders. For the most part, the team played well, won, and against Olympiakos and AEK proved that they are very close to getting out of the big hole they had been living in for almost ten years.

The team cruised for most of the season. We all took for granted how easily we won home and away in UEFA, and chose to remember one game when luck turned its back to the team (one chance, one goal).

I think upper management and some of the players' behavior is to blame for the late season collapse. Our team does not have a "coach" problem. Our team has an "internal structure" problem, and a fan problem.

Did Peseiro make mistakes? Sure, plenty. Did he do things right? Sure, plenty. Would we have won more with Ninis in? I don't think so. Would we have won more with a more attacking formation? Not with the AMs and strikers we have.

Peseiro will probably leave because he is burned. I don't know how he can be effective next year with the fans beaching and moaning even when we win. I don't think he can regain the player's respect when he has been slapped around by fans and players so much late in the season. Since we captured first place it seems to me that the team has been dealing with nothing more than beaching and moaning about the most frivolous of things. Upper management has no clue how to step in to help without making matters worst, so Peseiro was hang out to dry on his own.

Personally, I have stated my opinion before. He is a good coach. I like how he prepared the team for the season; I like how he managed the players to include every single one (except Ninis, and I blame Ninis for that).

I don't like how he lost control of the team (certain players) late in the season, and how he seemed to be stressed out in the end to the point of changing his own successful tactics, and making silly tactical mistakes.

I would have no problem if he stays, and if we do change coaches, I doubt anything will change. Unless we get a coach like Bajevic who will immediately shield the team from all the BS, and will be the Alpha male in the locker room.

If we do change coaches, I would not mind having Bajevic, Rotsa, Donis (gone to AEK). I don't see the point of replacing Peseiro with another foreign coach. We won't get a better one, and we all saw this season how the idiosyncrasies of the *Greek* league need to be anticipated and managed.

whats all this "play off" i hear about, is the championship no longer determind on how many points you score in the league but in a "play off" at the end of the season????? mate thats not football.

I have grown tired with managers, maybe next year PAO should just play managerless. But seriously we are in desparate need of a quality striker to pair with salpi.

is it Peseiro's fault???

AGAIN HOW MANY COACHES DO WE NEED TO REPLACE BEFORE WE GET RID OF TZIGGER... GET THE PLAYERS WE NEED TO DOMINATE THIS BUSH LEAGUE

Its Tzigers fault that he got Velic.

Its Velic fault that he got Peseiro.

Its Peseiros fault that he cant coach.

WARNING (for the last time): KEEP IT CIVIL. There's no need to attack another fellow human being like this, even if he's incompetent. This is sports, and people make mistakes (like Pesseiro) or can't play football.... But, that's it!!! There's a limit. Please refrain....

We have a lot of talented players right now; Peseiro got the team to play a good passing game but its his strategy that is the problem. He makes lousy decisions during times of "crisis", like if we're down 1-0 or something. I would be in favor of getting another coach ONLY if its someone who has already worked with us. Donis would be a really good choice, I think. They won't keep him if we get second this season but I'm starting to wonder if they'll even stick with him if we somehow finish 1st.

Now, why do you think a coach is successful with one team but not with another?

Obviously the players is part of the recipe for success, but there's something else. The ownership, the internal culture, and the fans.

I don't know what's really happening inside the club. How the people interact with each other, how things work there. I was not in favor of getting another coach last year nor this year. Both Munoz and Pesseiro are good enough for us, for now. But, I'm afraid the greatest genius coach out there would NOT be successful at PAO right now. Not that he'd come anyways....

If Pesseiro has lost control of the situation and the respect of the players, he should go. One cannot get these things back once lost. But, I'm telling you, no one will be successful until other things change.

One more thing: There's got to be something sick inside PAO. Just by being an outsider and watching the team. Why does this team (better than other squads in the past) still cannot handle the pressure of being ontop of the league??!!!

So, my bet is that he'll depart in the next few days, before the playoffs... which, to be honest, I don't really care for.

ofi and pao are kolo kai vraki..

its basically the same owners...

definately a conspiracy.. when was the last time pao beat ofi in crete?

some weird stuff is going on under the table here and it doesnt take a genius to figure it out

The way I see it i Bet ya Donis will find it harder to coach Aek then Larissa. The way it goes in Greece the top 3 clubs want instant success. They never allow a coach to work more then a year. If Pao keep Pes as coach i think he will do better next year cause he would have a grasp of what the SL is all about. He might have made mistakes but all coaches do . The club i support sacked their coach even though we went excellent in Europe so the way i see it is the managements fault not the coaches.

I'm surprised to see PAO lose in Crete.

Especially by that score.

What is the Greek League coming to when all inside deals are not honoured!!!!!

PAO beats OFI regularly along with teams like Ionikos, Panionios, and other AVERAGE teams each year and some how its a conspiracy??? Its really pathetic. The fact that OSFP fans actually beleive OFI is "taking hits" for PAO shows why they so many of them really are the dumbest people in Greece...

WARNING:Easy with the name calling. I know everyone is heated in these moments but please be more civil. If you have something to say, make it in the most respectful way as possible.

is it Peseiro's fault???

AGAIN HOW MANY COACHES DO WE NEED TO REPLACE BEFORE WE GET RID OF TZIGGER... GET THE PLAYERS WE NEED TO DOMINATE THIS BUSH LEAGUE

Its Tzigers fault that he got Velic.

Its Velic fault that he got Peseiro.

Its Peseiros fault that he cant coach.

WARNING (for the last time): KEEP IT CIVIL. There's no need to attack another fellow human being like this, even if he's incompetent. This is sports, and people make mistakes (like Pesseiro) or can't play football.... But, that's it!!! There's a limit. Please refrain....

you see you've been too busy blaming the coach this year over & over

ok i understand your post.

But its been Tzigger who got Bakke,Malezani, Skasni & where has all that gotten us to the next coach.. Sign players that even I CAN COACH, simplify the solution or rid ourselves of TZIGGER

WARNING:Easy with the name calling. I know everyone is heated in these moments but please be more civil. If you have something to say, make it in the most respectful way as possible.

Ok i am sorry that i overreacted in those past posts . It is no excuse but i got so pissed off with the situation that i couldnt hold myself.

I ll try to restrain.Once more sorry for my reactions.

Sorry but anyone claiming that there is a PAO-OFI conspiracy is... well to put it politely, blinkered. How many times do OFI have to beat PAO for people to stop saying that? And as for this new idea that PAO lost to OFI to ensure the Cretan teams survival, yeah right! Like PAO would throw the title to save OFI :LOL:

Come on guys, be a bit more mature about the issue.

I'm surprised to see PAO lose in Crete.

Especially by that score.

What is the Greek League coming to when all inside deals are not honoured!!!!!

PAO beats OFI regularly along with teams like Ionikos, Panionios, and other AVERAGE teams each year and some how its a conspiracy??? Its really pathetic. The fact that OSFP fans actually beleive OFI is "taking hits" for PAO shows why they so many of them really are the dumbest people in Greece...

relax man

for years there have been rumours of inside deals between many clubs in greece. OFI-PAO, Olympiakos and half the league.

it just seems that the greek league is more and more unpredictable nowadays.

makes for more exciting soccer and more earnings for those people that run the gambling in greece

this is how it will work. First place team is league champion.

after that we have 2,3,4 and 5 that will take part in a mini championship at the end of the season.

first off, the fifth place team will start with 0 points.

then the 4th place team and followed by the 3rd and 2nd will each have 1/3rd of the points difference wise with the fifrth place team.

so hypothetically lets say the final standngs are as follows. and remember this is a hypothetical.

1st-AEK - 77 points

2nd-OSFP - 71 points

3rd-Pao - 68 points

4th-aris- 55 points

5th-LARISA- 49 points

then what happens is we take LARISA as they finish 5th, and every team above them starts with 1/3rd of the difference they have with them in points.

so aris being 4th and having 6 points more then LARISA will start with 1/3rd points more then LARISA who start at 0. 6 point difference divided by 3 = 2.

and so on and so forth with all the teams abovethem.

so the beginning of the mini league would look as follows.

OSFP- 7

PAO - 6

ARIS- 2

PAOK- 0

the teams will then play two games against eachother, one home and one away, 3 points for a win and 1 point for a draw. the winner of the minui tournament will be the 2nd spot in the champions league. etc etc.

This is important because as u all may know, next year, greece will have the first two teams in the cl, champion in the 3rd quali round and 2nd place starts in the 2nd qualifying round.

we will also have one team in the uefa along with the cup holder.

unless the cup winner is a top two team causing the 2nd uefa spot to go to the cup finalist, then and only then will the 4th place team be the uefa cup representative.

complicated, yes. interesting for football fans after april, DEFINATELY.

later skaters

Greek league has sunk........

2 CL spots

3rd Round Qualifying for 1st place (AEK) ;)

2nd Round Qualifying (Olympiakos)

2 UEFA Spots

3rd pLace (PAO :angry:

Cup Winner (Aris)

1 Intertoto

4th place (Aris? goes to 5th would then be Asteras Tripolis :tdown:)

AEL wont be going Intertoto if Asteras beats Levadiakos next week..

And no offense to Tripolis, but they will go nowhere in Intertoto. Theyll be depleted of gppd players, and the really small Greek teams never rise to the occasion even against super minnow like Kazakh and Moldovan sides in Intertoto...its better for Greek football that they dont go.....

However if Atromitos beats Aris next cup leg, well have PAO, Aris, and Atromitos in Intertoto who are much better team...

I'm hoping AEK or Gavros screws up and we get 2nd...but hoping for them to screw up isnt enough, when were the ones dropping poitns as well...

We did have a good year this year though for Greece

Panionios, Aris, PAO, AEK all recorded wins and progressed to the UEFA groups....and while beating French and English teams... and OSFP made it to the elimanations of CL....

shouldnt we be getting a lot of points for next seasons coefficients?

this is how it will work. First place team is league champion.

after that we have 2,3,4 and 5 that will take part in a mini championship at the end of the season.

first off, the fifth place team will start with 0 points.

then the 4th place team and followed by the 3rd and 2nd will each have 1/3rd of the points difference wise with the fifrth place team.

so hypothetically lets say the final standngs are as follows. and remember this is a hypothetical.

1st-AEK - 77 points

2nd-OSFP - 71 points

3rd-Pao - 68 points

4th-aris- 55 points

5th-LARISA- 49 points

then what happens is we take LARISA as they finish 5th, and every team above them starts with 1/3rd of the difference they have with them in points.

so aris being 4th and having 6 points more then LARISA will start with 1/3rd points more then LARISA who start at 0. 6 point difference divided by 3 = 2.

and so on and so forth with all the teams abovethem.

so the beginning of the mini league would look as follows.

OSFP- 7

PAO - 6

ARIS- 2

PAOK- 0

the teams will then play two games against eachother, one home and one away, 3 points for a win and 1 point for a draw. the winner of the minui tournament will be the 2nd spot in the champions league. etc etc.

This is important because as u all may know, next year, greece will have the first two teams in the cl, champion in the 3rd quali round and 2nd place starts in the 2nd qualifying round.

unless the cup winner is a top two team causing the 2nd uefa spot to go to the cup finalist, then and only then will the 4th place team be the uefa cup representative.

complicated, yes. interesting for football fans after april, DEFINATELY.

later skaters

wait what when was this change made???? also why would PAOK be in it? there in 9th..

Archived