Phantis Forums

Spain expelled from Euro 2008!

plato-ny

England took the spot because they were the highest rated European team not to be in the Euro. They werent the best 3rd place team (the best 3rd place team was Bulgaria) and, I feel, Northern Ireland, who were 3rd place in Spain's group, should take Spain's spot

EDIT: Its an April Fool's day joke. LOL.

:o :o :o :o What ???? Outrageous ! ! !

England has no place there they didn't earn that place!

And now they're in our group as well ...

i know it was a joke but i was surprised with your reaction genome...

england and spain are both difficult opponents. however i believe we have a better chance vs england instead of spain.

:o  :o  :o  :o What ???? Outrageous ! ! !

England has no place there they didn't earn that place!

And now they're in our group as well ...

i know it was a joke but i was surprised with your reaction genome...

england and spain are both difficult opponents. however i believe we have a better chance vs england instead of spain.

Hm I don't ... I think we could do better vs. Spain.

We can of course not base ourselves upon this (because of different players and different form back then), but remember the two friendlies of the last two years:

England 4 - 0 Greece

Greece 2 - 3 Spain (with a last second goal) ...

Plus I just really would hate that ... I like Spain as a team and love to see them play, while I don't really like England (the team) at all, for the arrogance that surrounds them ... thinking they have some divine right to play, the English press calling Greece a fluke etc ...

It'll come to no surprise then, that I was really happy to see them unable to pass the group stages, while we "owned" them with more points than any other nation :) ... and that's why I was so upset now ... :D

Archived