Phantis Forums

Friendly: Greece - Portugal

Genome

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Friends I have keep on saying it was a fluke in 04 and I always say if Greece played Portugal 50 times Greece would win 50 times, how many times do we have to beat them to prove we are better?

A

:LOL:

3 mins of added time

Well I'm happy. We can put all this nonsense that Portugal deserved to win 2004 to rest for once and for all.

A

Ah well Andrew those that want to keep saying that will do so anyways ... all we can and have to do is keep winning our games and let them say what they want. The scoreline says more than any of them can ... again! :gr: :gr: :gr:

Nikopolidis 7

Patsatzoglou 5

Torosidis 8

Antzas 6

Kyrgiakos 7

Basinas 7

Katsouranis 6

Karagkounis 9

Charisteas 6

Amanatidis 7

Gkekas 7

Allages:

Seitaridis 6

Gkoumas 5

Giannakopoulos 6

Samaras 6

Tziolis 6

Salpiggidis 7

Man of Match: Karagkounis

Id like to see this summer the same lineup, but with Seitaridis instead of Patsatzoglou and Samaras instead of Charisteas...otherwise Id say we look pretty good (except for Antzas/Gkoumas spot......we need another top CB for that)

Nikopolidis 7

Patsatzoglou 5

Torosidis 8

Antzas 6

Kyrgiakos 7

Basinas 7

Katsouranis 6

Karagkounis 9

Charisteas 6

Amanatidis 7

Gkekas 7

Allages:

Seitaridis 6

Gkoumas 5

Giannakopoulos 6

Samaras 6

Tziolis 6

Salpiggidis 7

Man of Match: Karagkounis

Id like to see this summer the same lineup, but with Seitaridis instead of Patsatzoglou and Samaras instead of Charisteas...otherwise Id say we look pretty good (except for Antzas/Gkoumas spot......we need another top CB for that)

we need Avraam Papadopoulo as CB!!!

OK.... What the hell did Karagoinis eat before the match?? And since when does he execute Free-Kicks that well? BRAVO PEDIA

On another note you would think that Portugees goalie would have learned from the 1st goal that he was going to go to the same spot... (what an idiot)

OK.... What the hell did Karagoinis eat before the match?? And since when does he execute Free-Kicks that well? BRAVO PEDIA

On another note you would think that Portugees goalie would have learned from the 1st goal that he was going to go to the same spot... (what an idiot)

file to 2o goal pige toso akri pou den pianotan.. eglipse to dokari.. :D

Such a joy to see past and present players playing together and beating Portugal 2-1.

Basinas was the brains, Kyrgiakos the strength and Kara the heart of the team.

Katsouranis was excellent, nice return for Stelio and Giourka, everyone did well.

Let' all rejoice with our NT :tup:

HELLAS OLE OLE

PEACE

portugal were missing half their side and we scored 2 on set-pieces. draw your own conclusions from this match.

agreed.......would not get over excited about this match.......good result, good confidence builder, but they just cant seem to click on all the cylinders the way they are capable of......just do enough to win, which i guess is the bottom line....

i thought the starting 3 did ok. i always liked stelios on the right, but i have to be honest with myself that stelios just can't cut it anymore. age and lack of match-fitness are realities here.

still i think he actually played a god game today.

apart from that you are spot on. you convinced me that antzas, goumas deserve no game time at the euro. same goes for tziolis in my opinion. given that otto doesnt seem tro nominate any fresh faces. the alleged depth we have all praised has vanished at midfield and central defense position. if kirakos or dellas or any midfield regular is out or injured we are in serious trouble.

agreed.......would not get over excited about this match.......good result, good confidence builder, but they just cant seem to click on all the cylinders the way they are capable of......just do enough to win, which i guess is the bottom line....

Greece may have scored from 2 nice set peices, but aside from that 10 minute span late second half Greece was more composed, more threatening chances (our defensive football sems to yield more goals and attempts at goal than Portugal :lol)

We had opportunities and found space in and around the area so we were pretty dangerous....some bad plays like Giannakopoulos cross behind Salpi, in the air instead of putting it right infront of him in open space with a sure goal.....could have gone differently... Stelios played hard but hes not for starting material....Amanatidis definitly wins the spot there.

Also Portugal were missing who Ronaldo.....ok.....

Greece was playing with Patsazoglou,Tziolis, Vyntra....and dont forget we subbed out half of our first team at 45th minute and still played great remember. If we had kept Amanatidis and Gkekas we would have put 3-0 for sure...but its just a friendly so no reason to over press the issue...

No excuses :LOL:

Archived