Phantis Forums

Greeks pounce on Aussie talent

plato-ny

bravo pathyia for your love of Ellatha

I know some of you think these kids are phony

but as a Canadian born son of Greek immigrants--I think I know where these kids are coming from

they love their forefather's land and want to give themselves to her

look at these Aussies and the Greek/American basketballers Calthes and Koufos who have decided to play for Greece--bravo sas :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr:

Hats off to EPO for pursuing them, the problem is that these kids still openly say they are considering their options. As this article says, the Aussie media is preparing an assault on this kids, our media has to do more to counter that! Bring them on Greek TV and on the front pages of Greek sportspapers to hail their patriotism. They are just kids and are impressionable, so let's make them feel loved and wanted. Let's send a message to the Greek diasporas around the world, by congratulating these kids for maintaining their culture.

Sport and politics have always been intertwined, whether you look at Ancient Greece, the modern Olympics or even a shitty sport like Cricket. So, employing political means, i.e. the media or politicians (to give these kids medals or something to thank them for their patriotism), to pursue sporting excellence is perfectly acceptable.

Gouvas is at Portsmouth (the most watched league in the world), while Bouzanis is considered to be the best young keeper in the world. If they fulfil their potential, not only will they offer benefits in sporting terms, but also financial & political. How many Singaporean kids do you see wearing Beckham shirts? How many people from all over the world travel to Spain to watch the stars of Barca or Real? How often do major sports figures help in political events, for example, George Weah bringing Liberia's plight to the world, or even Zagoraki helping ensure that Athens won the bid to host last years CL final? Having these kids play for Greece also shows the diaspora that they are appreciated and accepted. So the importance of signing these kids is financial, political and sporting! We have to get them to play for us!

bravo pathyia for your love of Ellatha

I know some of you think these kids are phony

but as a Canadian born son of Greek immigrants--I think I know where these kids are coming from

they love their forefather's land and want to give themselves to her

look at these Aussies and the Greek/American basketballers Calthes and Koufos who have decided to play for Greece--bravo sas :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr:

couldnt have said it better! As a greek canadian, I would represent greece and im 100% sure of it

well said dude

only if you showed Samaras this love :LOL: :LOL: kidding megale -well said hopefully all 3 wil continue to wear thew blue and embrace Ellatha

:LOL: But I do love Samaras and would always give him my love and support, but I don't rate him as a player. The 2 are independent factors. :P

Archived