who will go through?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. who will go through?

• Glesca Rangers
    • Panathinaikos

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah, obviously, this is a good draw, but let's not get ahead of ourselves here. The game will be played in 2 months or so, and many things can happen until then.

Teams that are playing well today, may not then, and vice-versa.

However, I'm glad that PAO has a realistic chance to advance. And, you know what else? Second game in Leoforos! :box:

And, eventhough I hated the result in Spain, PAO, I think, got a better opponent being second. Atletiko got Bolton.

Do you think Rangers is better than Bolton?

PS>I'm holding off my vote until a few days before the first match. Too early to say now...

PS2>PAO will have to be a lot smarter than the Atletiko game. Can't concede goals like that, because now goals count more (home/away value).

I have not seen Rangers play so I would appreciate a brief assessment if you have seen them. Do they play a game that culminates in crosses? Are they good with freekicks and headers? (Panathinaikos has a real problem clearing such plays from the box). Any players that stick out?

Rangers v. Bolton?

I think it would be each team winning at home, with Bolton coming away with a bigger victory than Rangers.

Btw, was it 2 or 3 years ago when PAO met Rangers, drawing in Athens and winning 3-1 in Ibrox? I remember Basinas blasting one from just below the midway line and not too far from the touchline, past Klos.

Rangers will qualify imo.

Dude, could you please enlighten us why you think so? What does Rangers have that we should be worried about?
they played well in europe, have some strong players and what are the odds they are more organized than Panathinaikos? High of course....

Usually theyre pushovers and cheats but this year is a bit different, I dont see us going through, although I think Rangers' Good European form is starting to wear off and by march whenever the game is they wont be too focused on European play and well take advantage of that if we can....

Rangers will qualify imo.

Dude, could you please enlighten us why you think so? What does Rangers have that we should be worried about?
They are very organised and work very hard. They are physical and play at a high tempo. So if they do manage to win the 1st leg at home where they are strong, they will use their organisation and physicality in Greece to stunt PAO's play. We have seen on numerous occasions that PAO can struggle to break teams down. So I can typically see this tie going something like this:

Rangers 2-1 PAO

PAO 0-0 Rangers.

The key is the first leg. If PAO can get a positive result in Scotland they will be forced to come out and play at Leoforos, in which case I think PAO will win and qualify. So it's not impossible, I just think Rangers will win in Scotland and PAO will be unable to turn the tables. I hope I'm wrong.

Thanks Dude.

I think Panathinaikos have enough skill to outplay physical teams. I am only worried about high crosses, free kicks, and the sky falling on our heads. Other than that, I think Panathinaikos has a good upside. By the end of February we should be in good form with some good players returning (hopefully).

I saw rangers play only once this year vs lyon at home. They didnt look too good imo. I think it was just a bad game for them cause they did get alota good results in europe. Anyways from what I saw I dont think rangers are as good as Pao, when Pao plays. These gays depend on what Pao show up. I belive Pao will play good enough to win.

1-1 in scotland

1-1 in greece

Extra time winner from Salpi

:gr:

rangers should be comfortable to play pao because they play their greens all the time (Celtic) you guys are familiar to them when it comes to color, but when it comes to whos better, its a tough choice. they did fall apart to lyon, when only needing a point they lost 3-0! I think if rangers wanna play against pao they better take care of their attack which has been slumping lately. PAO should get a win in greece for sure though.

These are strange opinions...Rangers will use their organisation and physicality? They can use their physicality which will result in free kicks for us. I've seen them play once vs. Barcelona so I'm basing it on that, but they were really tryng in this game and Barcelona outplayed them. We have creativity and a lot of depth in midfield plus older experienced players mixed with younger talent which will see us go through.

Archived