Phantis Forums

Starting goalkeeper

Omonoia9

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eleu8eropoulos would disrupt team harmony so forget about him, and Sifakis is poor. Bouzanis is inexperienced and not good enough yet. So we all know Chalkias will start, but I hope to see Tzorvas and Kotsolis tested in friendlies. If they can handle themselves well (no pun intended) then one of them should start.

It will be Xalkias.......Hes not terrible, he does have the experience for the job and has filled in in the past. It was only normal hed get his time, but Id much rather see Tzorvas take it.

The strongest Greek GK has actually been Eleftheropoulos who last 2 seasons was very highly rated in Serie A and even. I thought he was old but hes actually only 31, which is not "old" for a goalkeeper by any means. It might be a good idea to bring him back, supposedly Siena credited his performances the other year for keeping them in the Serie A. He is definitly most experienced and of the level for the team, but has a bad personal record with the team.

Sifakis is a good keeper, but its up to OSFP....If they play him hell play for Greece. If I was OSFP coach I wouldnt play Nikopolidis anyways, especially after watching him in the Euro, who had so many more mistakes than those 2 goals in positioning that are not even mentioned in the media. If OSFP puts in Sifakis and gives him the #1, I think its right to give him a shot for the #1 of the ethniki.

Kotsolis might not be the #1 at Larisa anymore either, well have to wait and see what happens in the pre seasons...If Kotsolis and Sifakis step it up and take #1, well be fine.

I would like to see Karnezis sent on loan to a superleague club and get the #1 spot there and show his skills and then he could make a run for the #1 spot in Greece....Hes pretty good, and one of the higher rated young Greek keepers...IMO he should be the #2 at PAO over Malarz even.

It will be Xalkias.......Hes not terrible, he does have the experience for the job and has filled in in the past. It was only normal hed get his time, but Id much rather see Tzorvas take it.

The strongest Greek GK has actually been Eleftheropoulos who last 2 seasons was very highly rated in Serie A and even. I thought he was old but hes actually only 31, which is not "old" for a goalkeeper by any means. It might be a good idea to bring him back, supposedly Siena credited his performances the other year for keeping them in the Serie A. He is definitly most experienced and of the level for the team, but has a bad personal record with the team.

Sifakis is a good keeper, but its up to OSFP....If they play him hell play for Greece. If I was OSFP coach I wouldnt play Nikopolidis anyways, especially after watching him in the Euro, who had so many more mistakes than those 2 goals in positioning that are not even mentioned in the media. If OSFP puts in Sifakis and gives him the #1, I think its right to give him a shot for the #1 of the ethniki.

Kotsolis might not be the #1 at Larisa anymore either, well have to wait and see what happens in the pre seasons...If Kotsolis and Sifakis step it up and take #1, well be fine.

I would like to see Karnezis sent on loan to a superleague club and get the #1 spot there and show his skills and then he could make a run for the #1 spot in Greece....Hes pretty good, and one of the higher rated young Greek keepers...IMO he should be the #2 at PAO over Malarz even.

no doubt -- regardless of who, if any Greek starts at AEK, Olympiakos or PAO -- they should snatch the #1 spot for the ethniki

You are correct.

The GK position is very important. We all saw how Rustu essentially cost Turkey 2 clear goals (against Cro/2nd German goal)

Anyone think Arkadiusz Malarz should perhaps be naturalised as a Graikos?

MALARZ?!

absolultey not... were much better off with Tzorvas or Sifakis (esp if Sifakis takes the #1 at OSFP)

Bouzanis is not decided on Greece yet...its going to be a while until he sees first team football anyways.

I think if OSFP coach is not a jackass, and puts Sifakis in the #1 (honestly, its not crazy, hes ready, and Nikopolidis makes so many huge errors for club and country, Id hope that valferde was watching the Euro 2008)

If Sifakis takes it, we are going to be just fine until Bouzanis/Tzorvas/Karnezis/Androutsos comes around...

Bouzanis is not decided on Greece yet...its going to be a while until he sees first team football anyways.

I think if OSFP coach is not a jackass, and puts Sifakis in the #1 (honestly, its not crazy, hes ready, and Nikopolidis makes so many huge errors for club and country, Id hope that valferde was watching the Euro 2008)

If Sifakis takes it, we are going to be just fine until Bouzanis/Tzorvas/Karnezis/Androutsos comes around...

Sifakis is not ready and he'll never be ready.

i think i'll probably get criticized - but i never considered nikopolidis a quality 'keeper. NEVER.

i felt his major forte was shot-blocking, which a 20 year old 'keeper can accomplish if given the NT spot. nikopolidis was a passive 'keeper (a no-no), i'd say average-less than average in his handling (at times, seemed afraid of the ball)/off the line quickness and absolutely terrible at any type of ball in the air - from center long-distance shots to especially crosses/set pieces from the wings.

take all that into consideration -and then we get to his brain cramps, which progressed in frequency with age.

i don't think the side will hurt in transition to a new 'keeper. since 2004, greece hasn't had a quality 'keeper in goal. if nikopolidis was entitled to major mistakes at ages 33-37, then certainly a younger 'keeper is also entitled to them.

if xavi alonso didn't drag his 50 yard chip a bit...

my only defense of nikopolidis are the highlites of the comedian in goal for paraguay, in paraguay's 4-2 loss away to bolivia. i saw those and felt pity for the paraguyan players and fans, much like nikopolidis' gkeles.

i agree with an ele recall. if not - let tzorvas/ambaris battle it out. it's also too bad that the 'keeper from coventry was never tested. it appears this bouzanis is a pipe-dream unless he gets starters minutes in a major league and may be 3-4 years away.

superb post

as a KIWI and a GREEK my vote for next official friendly is Dean Bouzanis if we loose 10-0 (which we wont because he is a better keeper than nikopolidis) its a friendly so it wont really matter.

my worry about this guy is that i heard NINIS and a few other players bullied him for being an aussie in the U19 team.....NINIS has some balls for doing that concidering half of greece (OSFP FANS) Think he is Albanian!!!!!!!

Its not the first time a Greek from abroad has been on the youth team, look at Mitroglou, who is German for example...

But Bouzanis does not belong in the senior team . No way. I think if we really need to cap him, take him on a friendly, and after 5 minutes into the match, take him off and put in the #1 keeper. Pay 5 minutes and a subsitution in a friendly to make sure the player will be ours if we ever decide to call him.

Guest TheLegend

as a KIWI and a GREEK my vote for next official friendly is Dean Bouzanis if we loose 10-0 (which we wont because he is a better keeper than nikopolidis) its a friendly so it wont really matter.

my worry about this guy is that i heard NINIS and a few other

lol i love how u say hes a better keeper than nikopolidis. Uve seen him play? Hes played games in the CL already.. and started? o no.. o wait? hes played games for liverpool first team? o no... o wait? hes on the first team?? o .... o yea... o no... i thought so... aa i see...

I love how u say thsi guy is amaazing because he is on liverpools reserves or youth or watever u call it.

Tavralidis was at Arsenal and actualy played for the first team. He was a much more promisin player and looked what happen. You really have no clue what u are saying...

Guest TheLegend

bench nikopolidis because of the ONE stuipid goal he let in in a whole diferent competition. o wow good thing ur not a coach..

lets see... for olympiacos he saved games single handidly.

for greece he F***ed up against russia along with 10 other players on the feild and the coaches....

So lets see... your right i say olympiacos benches him because of Greece vs russia... ur right lets not see how well he does for olympiacos AGAIN especialy after a dazzling season...

wow... childish comments from the nikopolidis haters.

:LOL:

my worry about this guy is that i heard NINIS and a few other

lol i love how u say hes a better keeper than nikopolidis. Uve seen him play? Hes played games in the CL already.. and started? o no.. o wait? hes played games for liverpool first team? o no... o wait? hes on the first team?? o .... o yea... o no... i thought so... aa i see...

I love how u say thsi guy is amaazing because he is on liverpools reserves or youth or watever u call it.

Tavralidis was at Arsenal and actualy played for the first team. He was a much more promisin player and looked what happen. You really have no clue what u are saying...

Pleez Legend tell me what happened to Tavalaridis???

The Guy anchored St-Etienne D.......into UEFA?

He was called to confed cup and played vs Brazil with a team that was not tourny ready.

His crime is a Manager that stayed to long with his core and did not turn over his roster.

Hopefully the NEW TEAM MANAGER will scout properly.

Archived