Phantis Forums

Starting goalkeeper

Omonoia9

halkias is eating goals for fun and nikopolidis has been amazing from blocking penalties to saving 1v1's.... even against ergotelis when thye had the break away he made the decision to come out and push the guy over to the side giving cesar enough time to get behind him...

lets just say hes a LITTTLE better than morreto to be fair ? :)

he may well be the best greece has, but one of the best in europe, you're winding us up you don't really believe that do you ? :P

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Buffon

2. Cech

3. Van Der Sar

4. Casillas

5. Ricardo

6. Shovkovskiy

7. Zuberbuhler

8. Nikopolidis

9. Given

10. Gordon

That's what I think, depending on whether or not Coupet is done internationally. A lot of you will disagree with Shovkovskiy or Zuberbuhler, but seeing both in the WC, play so well, gives you some perspective.

Frey? The guy who's behind Coupet and Landreau for France? Besides, Julio Cesar, is Brazilian. Unless, the criteria is PLAY in Europe. But no way in hell is Casillas better than Buffon. The main point is that we both think Nikopolidis is among the 10 best in Europe.

he is dam good... name 10 goalies in europe better than niko... imo he is top ten

buffon cassillas reina given coupet valdez van der sar palop cech freidel howard hahneman gordon dida

i could carry on its not difficult, the question you should ask is outside of greece can you name 10 worse keepers

Guest TheLegend

are u kidding me...how is dida better than him right now? he was dropped... We are not talking about name the big names and say they are better... we are talking about currently.. Dida is defintly not better than him right now....and I dont think a few nice saves make freidel hanamen gordon better.....

given is good.... i havent even seen a big save from valdez lately

• 3 weeks later...

kaladz from AC Milan is good too!

anyways....

from greece Otto has to look... Kipouros (larisa), Daskalaki (ergoteli), Mixailidi (atromitos), Amparis (tripoli)

• 2 months later...

nothing against halkias but once again niko showed with ergotelis hes the best goalie greece has and one of the best in europe at the moment..

THE MANS A MUPPET COST US VS SWEDEN AND RUSSIA. WHAT IS IT ABOUT HIM THAT MAKES U THINK HE'S ONE OF THE BEST IN EUROPE ???? :angry:

KOTSOLIS IS MORE STABLE.

Just the truth.

Nikopolidis is too old, his form is crap and hes full of blunders. He used to be great. Now adays, we are safer bet with Kotsolis.

Sifakis should be replacing Nikopolidis at Gavros, and then we will be saved.

Nikopolidis MUST apologise to the Greek Community of the World!!!!!!!!!

anything, something like

"....Sorry, i had a brain melt, I forgot how to play. I deeply regret my actions and would like to retire from international football...."

i mean seriously wtf was he thinking?????

To quote another man who made a lot of errors in his life after Wednesday "you won't have Nikopolidis to kick around anymore"

thanks for your service and your play from 2002-2004 was stellar

Lets hope a youngster steps up and the Chalkias era never begins

Kotsolis

Sifakis

Tsorvas

Ambaris

one of them

I know that he is a little bit of a nutter but shouldn't the x-olympiakos goalie who plays in Italy be given a chance? (sorry to forget his name!)

I know that he is a little bit of a nutter but shouldn't the x-olympiakos goalie who plays in Italy be given a chance? (sorry to forget his name!)

you are referring to Eleftheropoulos.

Kotsolis is my choice, & he'seen my choice for a couple of years. He should of had more chances leading up to this year!

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like Chalkias will likely take over but I'm hoping one of Sifakis, Tsorvas or Kotsolis will make a move to start for a club that will play in the CL or UEFA, otherwise Eleftheropoulos will have to be considered

Archived