Phantis Forums

Iraklis - Panathinaikos

MadBoy13

a tough game at kautatzogleio... i omada tha exei tin ipostiriksei 1000 opadon!!

- Sunday, December 9

- 19.00 at Kautatzogleio (local time)

- Live from Ant1 Satelitte

- matchday 11

- Referee: Vasilis Pamporidis

3. PANATHINAIKOS 21 (3-1-1 AWAY) (11-3 GOALS AWAY)

8. IRAKLIS 14 (1-2-1 HOME) (3-3 GOALS HOME)

Mattos, N'doye, Goumas, Enacarihre won't play tomorrow.

Without Mattos in midfield, will we see

Dimoutsos, Tziolis, Simao, Karagounis

or

Dimoutsos, Tziolis, Karagounis, Ivantshitz

or

Karagounis, Tziolis, Simao, Ivantshitz

??

where did you hear about mattos?

its everywhere. he is bothered by some sore of minor injury.

i would play Tziolis as lone DM and have kara,iva and dimoutso in front of him with kara helping out defensively.

hopefully we could get an early lead and let ninis get some playing time.

one thign is for sure..iraklis willplay a closed style game and if we get an early goal.we will probably go up to 2 or 3-0

however if we dont score early or even get scored on it will be a long afternoon

About Matos its not an minor injury its just his batteries are low.

He is exausted and soon Tziolis will also be since they both got no breaks from the beggining. Only thing is that Matos also was playing for Corinthias so he has some more playing overal time.

I believe that if we dont see Simao tomorrow Peseiro will at last use the setup with the romvos (how's it called in english again?)

If that happens it could be we see PAO again with a pure 10ari which i am personally waiting for so long.

Game has started, PAO controls, minor chances, but we'll create more the way it looks right now. We'll just have to convert. Iraklis is hopping for countrer-attacks, but nothing special so far.

Seric got a yellow card. This guy is the most carded PAO player, by far! Tsk, tsk.

20' 0-0

Bravo re Salpi... PAO 1. He's a fighter. This was a case when luck helped but good pressure and opportunities bring results.

One more and we'll put this in the bag. At least up to now when Salpi scores PAO wins :tup:

Correction: goal was charged to an Ira defender.

boring game with iraklis clogging up the middle.

i would of liked to see the romvo system used after the first goal because playing with two dm only helps if ur players press and cause turnovers which we are not doing.

who would you like to see as the dekari? ivansitchz? ninis?

at the beginning of the season peseiro said he wants to try to use ninis in a more eleythero rolo..i think i would like to see him get some minutes in that posiiton..

i agree nikos...its games like this that used to screw us last year..picking up these kinds of points are important..we got the result in prob one of the most worst displays of the season...our players looked out of touch, lets hope the mid-week games dont start taking a toll..now we move on and continue our fight...i was impressed with simao..he seems like with the right influence he can be a good player for us...our youth is very important and im glad we have three promising players under 20 years old..this is extremely important...not to mention player like tziolis, dnoye and mattos, who are all around 22-23..we also have players of experience that create a good balance. ie karagounis, fyssas...

i agree with the above comments..i think its time for peseiro to start playing with one defensive midfielder and one attacking...maybe test it out everyone once and a while..we need to be able to adapt better to different kinds of oppoisition...today we could not control and move the ball well, and that created problems for us...putting a player in an attacking role can help us adapt to closed opposition. someone who can cut one great pass and create that extra spark for us to score..i was hoping ninis would play here, maybe even ivansitchz(who plays that position or austria)..this is ekis position as well, but we all know his current situation...apparently vardin came out and said he will spend some money on a player that will 'influence' he team...how knows.

we have 4 games before half

16/12 Panionios ektos

23/12 Ofi entos

30/12 Aris ektos

5/1 Kalamaria entos

and we are tied with Olympiakos on 24 points with AEK at 27, the two play each other next week, giving us a big opportunity to jump up.

Good win in a scrappy game. We move on.

Simao was a pleasant surprise with his solid game as a DM. Other than that, Nikos said it all, sometimes we play well and fail to win, and other times we don't look spectacular but we win.

Overall, we controlled the game from the beginning to the end. The moments we were threatened were very few and far in between, and besides the goal, we never really threatened either.

Next game is a tough one at Panionios where we want the three points to take advantage of the Olympiakos-AEK game where one of the two is bound to loose points.

Archived