Phantis Forums

Platini's proposal

Olympiakosthyra7

Bad??? The word I would use is :xxx:

The rich get richer and the poor get poorer! In the meantime, the UEFA Cup is downgraded to nearly nothing, the Cupwinners' Cup is still extinct and more countries are alienated from the group stage. :tdown:

My proposal would have been the opposite: Get rid of 2nd, 3rd, 4th place finishers, retain the qualifiers for the weaker teams and end up with 32 of the best CHAMPIONS in the Champions League.

The UEFA Cup would've been strengthened, more nations would've been involved in the group stages, football in smaller countries would've improved (out of necessity) and all Europe would've won. :)

Now it's only the fat cats of the fat clubs in the fat front offices that gain! :tdown:

Bad??? The word I would use is :xxx:

The rich get richer and the poor get poorer! In the meantime, the UEFA Cup is downgraded to nearly nothing, the Cupwinners' Cup is still extinct and more countries are alienated from the group stage. :tdown:

My proposal would have been the opposite: Get rid of 2nd, 3rd, 4th place finishers, retain the qualifiers for the weaker teams and end up with 32 of the best CHAMPIONS in the Champions League.

The UEFA Cup would've been strengthened, more nations would've been involved in the group stages, football in smaller countries would've improved (out of necessity) and all Europe would've won. :)

Now it's only the fat cats of the fat clubs in the fat front offices that gain! :tdown:

agree 100%

Archived